Counter Strike: source sale!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Epps on 23/6/2010, 19:39


To celebrate CS:S now also being available for Mac Valve temporary lowered the price of CS:S to only $6.80/€6.80!!!
If you still don't own this game but want to, this would most likely be the best time to buy it. Of course you can also buy it especially for Gmod, because everyone hates missing textures in the maps they download...

So why are you still reading this?! Go to the Steam Store and buy this game, now!


- "I am Gabe Newell and I approve this message"

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Counter Strike: source sale! Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Young Greezy on 23/6/2010, 19:50

Meh, a few months back, I got it for $4.99 Canadian.

I win

_________________
jameless wrote:
Furgus wrote:Never saw a dude get called a chick.
What do they call your mom then?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Posts : 1775
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Havik on 23/6/2010, 19:52

Update makes it super bad. Don't. Trust me. Ruins the whole fucking gameplay.
Havik
Havik

Posts : 427
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 23
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Eraserhead on 23/6/2010, 20:25

Why Havik? Did it change that much? I didn't play the game after the update. I didn't play it that much at all tbh. I just thought TF2 was more fun. We could do an event with all PULP members maybe sometime? Make a CSS event and find an empty server to play on?

I would advise buying Half Life 2 deathmatch. Much more fun! Taboo got me into it but i never have the time to play it.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Torchic on 23/6/2010, 20:29

I no a friend that might be able to get a locked server for us but some of his friends(and mine) would have to play as well.
Torchic
Torchic

Posts : 79
Join date : 2010-06-08
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by ninji on 23/6/2010, 20:31

I played the living shit out of CSS and the CSS Beta
Love them both equally.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 908
Join date : 2010-02-05
Age : 25
Location : CA

View user profile http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Young Greezy on 23/6/2010, 20:52

Ew, HL2 Deathmatch is awful

_________________
jameless wrote:
Furgus wrote:Never saw a dude get called a chick.
What do they call your mom then?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Posts : 1775
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Socrates187 on 23/6/2010, 22:31

Update totally ruined it
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 260
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 28
Location : Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Havik on 23/6/2010, 22:34

Eraserhead wrote:Why Havik? Did it change that much? I didn't play the game after the update. I didn't play it that much at all tbh. I just thought TF2 was more fun. We could do an event with all PULP members maybe sometime? Make a CSS event and find an empty server to play on?

I would advise buying Half Life 2 deathmatch. Much more fun! Taboo got me into it but i never have the time to play it.

I own / manage a string of CS:S Servers actually, and from my knowledge, this event could be possible. anyways, gameplay changed a LOT. here is my summary:

Runs on the Orange Box engine now. Why? So valve didn't have to code more. They basically took the TF2 engine, and modified it slightly to fit the needs of CS:S. Why do that? So it was less work for them to code it to work for Mac's again, since it already worked for TF2. Also, with this update, the 20,000+ Servers, have to be reset, re-installed. All the MOD's have to be re-scripted because of the engine change. All admins have to be re-added. All ranking systems re-added. Why don't they just use the mods from TF2 since they use the orange box engine? Well, Valve was able to make it so that they CAN'T use the TF2 mods. They were able to code it in such a way, that it fucks over everyone! Oh yeah, there are features in-game that were added, make it feel like TF2 more now. Also, max server tick rate is now 66 tick. No more smooth gameplay of 100 tick. No more easy fun surf servers. This update ruins a lot of mods, and make a lot of communities have to go through a bunch of bullshit. (like mine)

TL;DR: Valve pisses me off a shit-load right now.
Havik
Havik

Posts : 427
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 23
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Nick on 23/6/2010, 22:35

Havik wrote:Update makes it super bad. Don't. Trust me. Ruins the whole fucking gameplay.

this.
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by ninji on 23/6/2010, 22:43

Game play is exactly the same, it just royally ass raped servers administrators. But, hey, this will force pure vanilla game play for a while, and we need this! I am sick of there being ONE vanilla server with hardly any players in it >.>
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 908
Join date : 2010-02-05
Age : 25
Location : CA

View user profile http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Taco_Human on 23/6/2010, 22:48

I am tempted but I was never good and I will most likely play it for an hour or two at the most and just go back to playing TF2.
Taco_Human
Taco_Human

Posts : 138
Join date : 2010-06-03
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by vladmirbsl69 on 23/6/2010, 22:48

since the price being lowered i have had 4 people ask me to buy it -.-
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 23
Location : Myrtle Beach, SC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by miht on 24/6/2010, 01:53

vladmirbsl69 wrote:since the price being lowered i have had 4 people ask me to buy it -.-
Congrats? Do yew want some cockies and milk?

/sarcasm
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Posts : 572
Join date : 2009-12-21
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by vladmirbsl69 on 24/6/2010, 02:22

miht wrote:
vladmirbsl69 wrote:since the price being lowered i have had 4 people ask me to buy it -.-
Congrats? Do yew want some cockies and milk?

/sarcasm
first its cookies. second yes that would be very nice miht.
/playing along with sarcasm
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 23
Location : Myrtle Beach, SC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Eraserhead on 24/6/2010, 07:26

ninji wrote:Game play is exactly the same, it just royally ass raped servers administrators. But, hey, this will force pure vanilla game play for a while, and we need this! I am sick of there being ONE vanilla server with hardly any players in it >.>

I was about to say this but Ninji beat me to it. Seems like it's a lot of work for admins and gameplay is the same. I really don't understand why Valve is so bad in communicating to their most loyal group of players; the modders. I'm starting to wonder how the people of Sourcemod are organized. Do they even talk with eachother?

I noticed that Voogru (developer of custom wearables and Dodgeball) had a one hour talk with Valve after almost 3000 people signed the petition and he said they were very friendly and understanding.

I can't believe Valve would knowingly push changes that cause havoc for admins and plugin developers. They did it the last time as well for TF2 when they brought out an updated that broke sourcemod. Simply don't understand why they did not give people of sourcemod a heads up.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by miht on 24/6/2010, 11:17

oh shit. does this mean that mani admin is not gonna work for the engnie.... so all css has to use sm? FUCK MEE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Posts : 572
Join date : 2009-12-21
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Eraserhead on 24/6/2010, 11:22

Why do you want mani? SM is better then mani.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Havik on 24/6/2010, 12:35

Eraserhead wrote:Why do you want mani? SM is better then mani.

Agreed. Sure there are some funny mani features that aren't in SM, but it still is better. Can't get broken into easier. Anyways, gameplay is ruined on my ZM server. Just gone. Since Valve fucked us over, The creators of ZM have to re-make the plugin. It is expected to get fixed in about a week, but it kinda pisses me off. Also, I don't hate vanilla gameplay, thats why I have a scrim server, but with this update, it screwed up my config that I worked on for the server. Now, I have to make a new config that now fits with the update. A lot of work for me, that Valve doesn't realize. And for me the littlest things get to me like the long killcams that are like TF2, but they last LONGER. And, the ragdoll effect it GONE. People now go down like they are a hostage, they put there hands on there head and lay on the floor, IT SUCKS. The only thing I see better about it is that the hitboxes have improved, but are useless because of the new HDR lagging EVERYONE you are as accurate as the old CS:S.
Havik
Havik

Posts : 427
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 23
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Epps on 24/6/2010, 14:29

I prefer half-vanilla servers with shooters; faster respawn, nocrits and no weapon spread. Makes it a lot more fun to get into a game, at least to me. Doesn't take away the fact that I go to modded servers after I learned how to play the game Razz

Semi-related: I remember a movie on YouTube about this HL2 guy who went in a CS:S server but didn't had to download any files on joining and was only used by good gamers. They called it "the hidden pro server" or something and the main character had to promise them he would never tell anyone about the server.
I had that one faved on my old YouTube account (chipmonkey666) but I removed that account after a joke about a Dutch rapper that had "died'...
Attachments
Counter Strike: source sale! Attachment
ali b op teleteks.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(12 Kb) Downloaded 6 times

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Counter Strike: source sale! Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by miht on 24/6/2010, 14:39

Sgt Pepper wrote:I prefer half-vanilla servers with shooters; faster respawn, nocrits and no weapon spread. Makes it a lot more fun to get into a game, at least to me. Doesn't take away the fact that I go to modded servers after I learned how to play the game Razz

Semi-related: I remember a movie on YouTube about this HL2 guy who went in a CS:S server but didn't had to download any files on joining and was only used by good gamers. They called it "the hidden pro server" or something and the main character had to promise them he would never tell anyone about the server.
I had that one faved on my old YouTube account (chipmonkey666) but I removed that account after a joke about a Dutch rapper that had "died'...
there are no such thing as crits on css.
And eraser, mani and sm or similar. mani is easier to use, and mani CANNOT get hacked into for sure. mani has a lot more commands than sm tho. but sm is more reliable since it can be run on either tf2 or css.
And css is fucked like havik said. all the mods are down. mani,zm, and shit. The airaccelrrate is fucked up.. youare set at a pace so scoutknifes and surf are done. Css update ruined my day =-( . THEY EVEN FKING TOOK OUT SPECTATE, WTF.,
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Posts : 572
Join date : 2009-12-21
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by vladmirbsl69 on 24/6/2010, 22:41

@miht-I hate the new css but i have a scoutzknives server in my favourites that still runs and goes along like it used to.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Posts : 1091
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 23
Location : Myrtle Beach, SC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by ninji on 25/6/2010, 00:04

Can I join the hate band wagon on the new CSS update?
EVERY THING IS MESSED UP BLARGH
IF ITS VANILLA I CAN'T PLAY BLARGH AGAIN I NEED MODS

RABBLE SCRABBLE
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 908
Join date : 2010-02-05
Age : 25
Location : CA

View user profile http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Eraserhead on 25/6/2010, 10:17

Mani is not updated as quickly as SM and the SM community provides tons of great plugins. I installed mani in the beginning when we started with PULP but i switched over because of all the things i could not do with Mani. I'm talking about essential stuff here like the rankings, sourcebans, rtd, melee mode, etc, etc.

@Pepper: LOL LOL you sick person! Most of you can't read the picture he posted because it's in dutch but pepper actually announced a fake message about a famous dutch rap artist being dead. The rap artist said that there are sick people on the internet Very Happy

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Havik on 25/6/2010, 13:30

Yeah, thanks to SourceMod, My ZombieMod server now works! A person was able to get a version of ZM working for SM. As for the other mods, they are still being worked on. But I am happy that ZM works. Therefore, SourceMod>Mani
Havik
Havik

Posts : 427
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 23
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Counter Strike: source sale! Empty Re: Counter Strike: source sale!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum