Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESF Individual Training

4 posters

Go down

ESF Individual Training Empty ESF Individual Training

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 10/7/2010, 08:54

Cake has come up with a brilliant idea of training people in the ESF up, and find their weaknesses, and help them get stronger at that weakness.

Conversation with Cake;

13:47 - {P} Cake |ESF|: What do you think about individually training ESF members?
13:48 - {P}¹ Jonesie |ESF|: How'd you mean?
13:48 - {P} Cake |ESF|: We could analyze the member's gameplay style, find his weaknesses and then practice things
13:48 - {P} Cake |ESF|: As I've told you before, I have to practice fighting against multiple scouts and multiple soldiers
13:49 - {P} Cake |ESF|: Because I lose 80% of the times when I'm fighting them at the same time
13:49 - {P} Cake |ESF|: Unless I back out and pick them off individually
13:50 - {P} Cake |ESF|: So taking me as an example, we could try practicing certain stuff on the VIP server
13:51 - {P} Cake |ESF|: Lieutennet told me what I do wrong as a scout and we go 1 on 1 to practice stuff
13:51 - {P} Cake |ESF|: He's a scout too

Say if you think this is a good idea and if so, give a reason.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

ESF Individual Training Empty Re: ESF Individual Training

Post by Tidelag 10/7/2010, 09:11

I think it's a good idea. Learning things by yourself takes longer time than getting help for others. For example, the league team that I recently left/got kicked out of contained players who had played tf2 for three weeks but were better than most. How did they get good so quickly. They got help, mentored by some top european players.

So to my conclusion. We've got people in this clan who has great potential, like Cake, but don't pocess a lot of experience and knowledge. Of course we could have an individual training for those.

Was that a reasobn Mr Jones?
Tidelag
Tidelag
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 10/7/2010, 09:15

That was a good enough reason. More reasons guys.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 10/7/2010, 09:28

After a second thought, this might go hand in hand with the mentoring suggestion found here;
http://forum.pulpfortress.com/suggestions-f17/mentor-system-t1174.htm

The main reason why I suggested this was to make the players in the ESF better players, individually. The teamwork part lays in the hands of Jonesie, because he organizes the ESF vs. [...] PUGs and Scrims.

I've been observing the running, shooting, and other various patterns/behaviours of people in our clan during events where we play serious. It works in my advantage knowing my enemy's weaknesses. But, sometimes I can't win even when I'm manipulating them to let them do the things they do worst, I just can't win duels sometimes because I myself am doing something wrong too.

I strongly suggest everyone who want to play competitively and want to be good, to try to understand their own faults and try to improve them. The answer to your shortcomings and imperfections might be very little things which can fix your errors easily.

#This shouldn't be only for the ESF, but also for the SF or other people who think they need some help.
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 15/7/2010, 06:01

Anyone even reading this??
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 15/7/2010, 11:03

I totally missed this topic. Hate the way this forum sometimes doesn't send notifications of topic updates, trying to figure out why that is.

Anyway i think we should just implement the mentor system. I think this should just be a forum for now where people can meet each other.

Forum made: http://forum.pulpfortress.com/mentoring-f32/
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 15/7/2010, 14:27

Cool. Mentor is a strong word though, if you get what I mean. Sounds like you're going to be an apprentice of one of the greatest people ever.

Last edited by Cake on 15/7/2010, 14:42; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I have a tick making a spastic movement clicking on the edit button by accident - #3 already O.o)
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 15/7/2010, 14:31

I actually think its a good idea. I've already signed up for being Soldier Mentor! May need a little bit of help.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down