Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entering the CEVO Amateur season 6 league?

+11
Google
jameless
Tidelag
miht
Vital
Afro
The Mad Hatter
Young Greezy
Jonesie|UKCS|
UberLord
Eraserhead
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Entering the CEVO Amateur season 6 league? Empty Entering the CEVO Amateur season 6 league?

Post by Eraserhead 16/7/2010, 11:55

http://www.cevo.com/?page=forum&func=viewthread&id=10572&forumID=2

I don't know if i would be allowed to play with my ping but it would be fun to participate in the amateur division. If we could get a PULP team in there i would be proud. Who knows, we might end up fighting Valve Very Happy .

The Amateur Division (CEVO-A) is specially designed for newer teams that are looking to get their feet wet in competitive play. New to this season is the fact that this division has one National conference, just like Professional and Main. There will be one match per week in this division and the match deadline day is Thursday of each week.

The champions of the Amateur division will get to play against the Valve TF2 development team in an exhibition match. Read more here: http://www.cevo.com/?page=forum&func=viewthread&id=10615&forumID=2

NOTE: Teams in this division may not reserve a NuclearFallout game server, will be limited to 2 disputes per season, and will not be eligible for any yet-unannounced promotions for paid members.

Map Rotation:

Preseason 1 - TBA
Preseason 2 - TBA
Week 1 - TBA
Week 2 - TBA
Week 3 - TBA
Week 4 - TBA
Week 5 - TBA
Week 6 - TBA
Week 7 - TBA
Week 8 - TBA

CEVO is hosting a community meeting to discuss maps and weapons. Read more here: http://www.cevo.com/?page=forum&func=viewthread&id=10599&forumID=2
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Entering the CEVO Amateur season 6 league? Empty Re: Entering the CEVO Amateur season 6 league?

Post by UberLord 16/7/2010, 12:03

May I suggest you join a TWL league first, because they are easier on lower level scrim teams. But this does seem like it could be good. Go for it if you want, go for TWL later.
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Entering the CEVO Amateur season 6 league? Empty Re: Entering the CEVO Amateur season 6 league?

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 16/7/2010, 12:20

I was just reading something about this. Would the ESF be able to join this or would it be for American teams only?

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 16/7/2010, 12:42

North American only. When does TWL season start?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 16/7/2010, 15:22

Just go to the website, they usually have several going on at a time, the next one I think is going to be a 7v7 ladder.
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 16/7/2010, 16:46

I'd be up for this.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/7/2010, 11:57

Let's see if we can get a team together Greezy.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 17/7/2010, 12:04

Nice to see you guys going for League play.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/7/2010, 12:04

Greezy and Eraser, I know that you may be thinking that I wouldnt know anything about leagues well the fact is, I do.

My point being;

Any team in North America can say that they're not good enough to be pro, but they really are. My question is; Are you guys really ready to go into a league? For the ESF, I've been thinking about going into the European Team Fortress 2 League, (ETF2L). But, I realized that we may get steam rolled really badly. After loosing last nights enjoyable and anticipating scrim with you guys, I figured that we need to go back to the drawing boards.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 17/7/2010, 12:07

You're not gonna be ready for a league until you join a league. Practicing by playing Orange or even stock maps with pubs isn't going to let you cross the barrier into league play.

Jump into the deep end and see what happens, damnit. You are more capable than you think.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 17/7/2010, 12:10

I agree with Hatter. I'm going to check the signup sheet now. I'll ask all SF starters if they're willing to do this.

EDIT: Oh awesome. They're down for maintenance. I'll wait like half an hour.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/7/2010, 12:14

Well, realising that I needed another captain last night, Tidelag, I asked him that when do you think we should go in a league, he said; 'To be honest Jonesie we're nowhere near ready to even think about joining a league. We need to get more practice in and get the team sortred out as to who's playing what class!'

Tidelag and myself will realise that we're ready for a league when we start to win loads of proper scrims, not against the SF but against other clans. Say if we did like 5 scrims and we won all of them, I'd speak to Tidelag about us joining a league, then if he said well lets see how many more clans we beat. If we beaten another 3 more clans, then if the SF Team was already in a league by then and if we scrimmed you guys to see if we were ready and we beat you, then yes we would definately go in the ETF2L.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 17/7/2010, 12:19

Dude, "practicing" on pub servers and having a scrim once ever few weeks is never gonna be enough.

Take the plunge, learn from your losses (if you even lose) and move forward.

You gonna be embarrassed or something? Pulp's been calling themselves a professional clan for at LEAST the six months I've been playing on your servers, when exactly are you going to be ready? Your players are professional, your clan isn't because you don't do anything.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/7/2010, 12:23

To the question; When will we be ready? I don't even know that.

But with Tidelag helping me with the ESF, we can hopefully proceed a lot quicker and better.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/7/2010, 12:25

The Mad Hatter wrote:You're not gonna be ready for a league until you join a league. Practicing by playing Orange or even stock maps with pubs isn't going to let you cross the barrier into league play.

Jump into the deep end and see what happens, damnit. You are more capable than you think.

You beat me to it Hatter. If we don't start this now we can wait forever. This will give us a good reason to practice even more. Play more lobby games, more pugs and scrims. The dates will be set so no backing out. Like i said i would just like to see PULP in a league. Don't care if i'm in it or if it's SF or ESF. But i guess guys from ESF would have to sign up for another league anyhow and i agree with Tidelag that work needs to be done there. The SF team also needs work but is a step further. I strongly recommend playing lobbygames together btw, by this i mean SF and ESF members playing with their own team but if not all 6 are available both teams mixed in one team against lobby regulars is also worthwhile.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/7/2010, 12:28

Why'd do you think that I've found two leagues for us to go in?

www.enemydown.co.uk
http://etf2l.org/

Those are the two leagues that we could go in.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro 18/7/2010, 01:32

We should really start with twl. Greezy and I already know the shit, we just cant find people that can keep up with the hectic schedule.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 18/7/2010, 04:35

What does TWL stand for and does it let in Europeans?

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 18/7/2010, 05:22

I'm the biggest noob in pulp, I'm not ready Sad Right James?
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 18/7/2010, 10:52

Afro wrote:We should really start with twl. Greezy and I already know the shit, we just cant find people that can keep up with the hectic schedule.
Ive been in twl in css =O sooooo maybeeeeeee i should still be registered =D
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidelag 18/7/2010, 12:13

First of all, I'd be surprised if europeans arent allowed to play in american leagues, American players are allowed in etf2l. But the ping disadvantage would be to big for explosive classes, demo and soldier.

I don't doubt that SF can join a league at all but as it is now we have pretty much one pug in two weeks. That is too little practice. I think it's possible to arrange at least two pugs a week impulsively. I mean there are at least 12 avialable members chilling out on our servers every night.
Tidelag
Tidelag
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/7/2010, 18:04

Afro, why do you want to start with TWL instead of CEVO? I haven't looked at TWL yet, i don't know when it starts and what the differences are.

On the CEVO page i read something about being it for North Americans only. Like i said pugs are nice but lobby games are even better. We can do those every night if needed.

Isn't ping relevant for scouts and snipers? And if not, why?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidelag 18/7/2010, 18:14

Eraserhead wrote:
Isn't ping relevant for scouts and snipers? And if not, why?

Ofc it's relevent but it's less of a handicap. Scatterguns and sniperrifles hit directly. Rockets and pipes go slow. There for the disadvantage. The difference will be quite obvious if you go on a european server and try it.
Tidelag
Tidelag
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/7/2010, 19:32

I always have a ping of 130 Tidelag so i wouldn't know Sad

Personally i always notice the effect of dodging behind a wall and still getting hit by a sniper...
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 19/7/2010, 01:51

I made a cevo account. I was going to register our team but we need an IRC channel.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next