Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help deleting trojans -.-

+2
ninji
Cake
6 posters

Go down

Need help deleting trojans -.- Empty Need help deleting trojans -.-

Post by Cake 11/8/2010, 04:06

Need help deleting trojans -.- Huh_bm10

Fuck?
Whenever I try to disinfect them all, the damned program won't disinfect shit. I wanted to give a shot deleting the registers and the files, but I wasn't sure if it could mess up my computer if I would do so.

Help please?
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Need help deleting trojans -.- Empty Re: Need help deleting trojans -.-

Post by ninji 11/8/2010, 04:18

Reboot in safe mode with networking

Enter msconfig, click the "Services" tab, check "Hide all Microsoft services" and uncheck anything above that you are unfamiliar with. Do the same for the "startup" tab; but be 100% certain you aren't disabling any drivers, some drivers are cryptic and should be handled with caution.

Reboot in safe mode with networking

Refer to the screenshot you made and manually delete each file

Reboot normally, see if this works.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/8/2010, 05:41

Alternative program; Malwarebytes. Detects and deletes everything unwanted and the best part is that is free (and the most effective).
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 11/8/2010, 09:29

Sgt Pepper wrote:Alternative program; Malwarebytes. Detects and deletes everything unwanted and the best part is that is free (and the most effective).
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chucknorris 11/8/2010, 11:22

safe mode and try and clean with virus program if that does not work see if you can boot from a flash stick and try and clean the drive. if that does not work then you must rebuild and start respecting the internutz more for vile trojans and malware...
Chucknorris
Chucknorris

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 11/8/2010, 12:20

It might be a rootkit, one for the most nasty viruses around. It installes itself in the bootsector of your pc and not in windows. So each time you clean windows and reboot it installs the viruses again and can even disable your virus scanner.

This helped me a lot with removing a rootkit from my wife's laptop:

Removing the Virus
To remove this virus, you are REQUIRED to have a Windows disk corresponding to your version of Windows OR a recovery drive that came from factory. If you do not, you are pretty much screwed... There are other ways but they have a 10% chance of working.

So now, insert your Windows disk into your CD/DVD drive and restart your computer. When it says to "Press any key to continue..." do so. If you have a recovery drive, you will either have to press a key that is defined on the Bios screen or press F8 before Windows loads. Choose to recover your Windows installation.

After you choose the option to recover your Windows Installation, you can choose to use Command Prompt to do so. Once the Command Prompt opens, type the following...

Windows XP: fixmbr
Vista or 7: bootrec.exe /FixMbr

Also tryout this great free program: http://www.greatis.com/security/reanimator.html

Let it scan for processes, look at who the developer of the program is and if it isn't microsoft or another known publisher then get it out.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum