Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released]

+7
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Havik
Furgus
hyce777
Nick
Vital
Epps
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] Empty cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released]

Post by Epps 13/8/2010, 06:36

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] Orange10

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ayv50v8odolw0u9 (4.4MB)

About cp_orange_epps:
My personal goal for this map is to learn how to use Hammer properly but also to create a more balanced version of Orange_x3. As we all know the original one is just too sniper, wrangler and natasha-spam friendly which has caused us to limit snipers and bodyshots.

I build this map from scratch, using only the outlay and basic sizes of the original orange_x3 to guide me around. Of course I did not follow it pixel by pixel and I did added new features, like a house on CP2/CP4, spawn rooms and a new spawn exit which should make it easier to take back CP2/CP4 once captured by the enemy.

Deadline:
Friday 20th of August.

Current state:
Released

Stuff left to do:
Wait for complaints.

Update posts (also found later in this thread):
Fri 13th of august
Spoiler:

Sat 15th of August
Spoiler:

Sun 16th of August
Spoiler:

Mon 17th of August
Spoiler:

Last edited by Epps on 20/8/2010, 15:25; edited 5 times in total
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] Empty Re: cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released]

Post by Vital 13/8/2010, 07:09

The map doesn't lag me, dunno what it is till me and eraser test it out a bit more.
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] Empty Re: cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released]

Post by Nick 13/8/2010, 09:41

I like it but i wanna see some different wall textures on there
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/8/2010, 09:49

Chuck wrote:I like it but i wanna see some different wall textures on there
Sgt Pepper wrote:Anyway it is about 65% finished, I still need to finish the RED side, make CP2 less sniper-friendly, add anti snipefest stuff in general (without ripping Tendo off) and add both textures and props so it doesn't look as fugly as it does atm. Also, secret room(s).
Reading is fun \(n.n)/

Also, by accident I made the red side less wide >.< Guess that's what happens when you map on an empty stomach all day XD
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 13/8/2010, 10:27

Sorry Peppers, I saw spoilers, no man can resist not reading an entire thread to go straight to the spoilers.
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/8/2010, 15:02

Okay since CP2 is always being abused by snipers I want to remake CP2 entirely in a less sniper friendly way. Anyway, so far I came up with two valid options:

Option one: a roofless building.
Spoiler:

Option two: higher wall thingy.
Spoiler:

Anyway, any recommendations on which one I should put into the map? Personally I prefer the roofless building but I dont want to lose to much of the orange_x3 look. iDunno, ideas?
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 13/8/2010, 16:05

Building is cool and original. Never seen that done, go with that.

Also, add LIGHTING, please. Do you know how? or shall I link you to a tutorial?
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 13/8/2010, 16:24

hyce777 wrote:Building is cool and original. Never seen that done, go with that.

building, not original
one without ceilings... now thats good use that one
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 13/8/2010, 16:26

Well I was looking at my map and messing around with the textures. IN my opinion, I would also mess around with your textures to see what fits better. Because that look like old orange.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 13/8/2010, 17:47

Chuck wrote:
hyce777 wrote:Building is cool and original. Never seen that done, go with that.

building, not original
one without ceilings... now thats good use that one

I meant for CP2. I've never played an orange with a building there.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 13/8/2010, 18:13

Epps, FU! Now Vital nor I can snipe from cp2 XD
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 13/8/2010, 18:29

AAAAGGGHH fullbright!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 13/8/2010, 20:23

LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! wrote:AAAAGGGHH fullbright!!
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 13/8/2010, 20:44

is that the female pyro skin i see? ^^
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/8/2010, 05:00

notice Update: notice
Okay I have decided to go with the roofless building. For those wondering why I will make it roofless here's the reason. I feel that a closed building with just two ground entrances is WAY to easy to defend. I mean, insert two engineers with sentries, add a spychecker to the mix and voila; 30 minutes of pure camping. With a nearly open roof buildings can be taken out from multiple angles making it harder to camp which applies to both teams.
Anyway this means all here is left to do is creating some anti-snipe things/obstructions and finishing my super special awesome secret room. Ow, and lighting if it isn't too difficult.

Havik wrote:Epps, FU! Now Vital nor I can snipe from cp2 XD
That's exactly why I wanted to redesign it. I simply cant stand CP2 snipers and if my skills allowed it I would instant kill CP2 snipers on my map while displaying the message 'NO NOOBS ALLOWED!' Razz

LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! wrote:AAAAGGGHH fullbright!!
Yeah sorry, my first map, remember? Anyway it's not like I will release it as it is now (maybe a playtest once I get CP2/CP4 ready). As for the lighting, unless it proves being to difficult to do proper I will look into that. Luckily for me I am a fast learner when it comes to Hammer n.n

Chuck wrote:is that the female pyro skin i see? ^^
Yes it is, makes me rage less when I get killed by a skillless backburner pyro xD I also use the female Medic by the way, will include her in the next round of screenshots Wink
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 14/8/2010, 11:33

as for lighting, a single light_environment will do it, just make it point the direction you want your sun to shine.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] Empty New screenshots!

Post by Epps 14/8/2010, 20:23

notice New wip screenies! notice
Well it has been a while since I posted the first round of screenshots so allow me to post some new ones from how the map is atm. Again the map is wip and not textured yet except for some minor parts. Also I just added the the light_environment so some parts can look quite dark in these screenshots which I will of course try to fix.

Spawn area
Spoiler:

CP2 and CP4 (very wip!)
Spoiler:

Way to the tower and the tower
Spoiler:

Finally, I noticed some flaws which I will fix. No biggy, just some resizing/moving around. Pretty sure I will have a playable version by Wednesday depending on how easy the anti sniping methods are. Ow well, cheers and if you have some ideas feel free to post them!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 14/8/2010, 20:25

looks good but no female medic...
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 14/8/2010, 21:33

Needs more anti sniper in middle-ish area!
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 15/8/2010, 10:32

That is really good. Also, try and add like a backround out side of the map. So it won't look empty. Like a couple of trees, and buildings. Just so it won't look plain. And maybe use some red and blue textures. to make it more alive. But really good job.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 15/8/2010, 11:43

I didn't do a lot today, mostly because its my lazy day off and because I am heading over to my sis' in like... 10 seconds from now. Anyway the little I did do was making my hidden room. I have big plans for it which I will keep for myself until it's finished. Also the only way into it is by a hidden door which can only be opened with the use command which is unusable in tf2 by default. Why? Well let's just say I don't want to spoil the game too much :p

Chuck wrote:looks good but no female medic...
Spoiler:
Better? Razz

Young Greezy wrote:Needs more anti sniper in middle-ish area!
I know, just not sure what kind. Not want to rip off Tendo either so yeah :/

Furgus wrote:That is really good. Also, try and add like a backround out side of the map. So it won't look empty. Like a couple of trees, and buildings. Just so it won't look plain. And maybe use some red and blue textures. to make it more alive. But really good job.
Aw thanks.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 15/8/2010, 11:51

No! Don't add scenery. I don't want my computer to lag.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 15/8/2010, 12:11

Well, we are not talking about to much scenery but just enough. Like I was thinking we could add the fence like the normal orange_x3 has and a couple of trees. You would create a ground level behind the spawn area and add like 3 trees and a building. It would be a lot better. Most of the orange maps that are plain and simple are not much played in. A little scenery would make it more alive.

Pepper you should look at this map. You don't want to go as far as this map's backround scenery. It's like another world outside of the map.
64.34.184.223:27015
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 15/8/2010, 12:32

mm for the house on ppoint 2s. could u make the windows able to be climbed in?
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 15/8/2010, 13:18

If this happens you might have to make the house a little bigger. Maybe make the house taller and add a second layer of windows up top, and big enough to rocket jump up there. maybe even put a step there so we could stay there and shoot or something.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next