Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released]

+7
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Havik
Furgus
hyce777
Nick
Vital
Epps
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Empty CP_orange_epps; testing day

Post by Epps 16/8/2010, 17:17

So today I decided to upload the first beta version of my map to the vip server. We played around on it for about half an hour, no server crashes and no big problems except for the doors at the RED spawn which I accidentally messed up;
door 1 | door 2
door 1 slides to the right, door one to the left giving you
door 2 | door 1
instead of
door 1 | OPEN SPACE | OPEN SPACE | door 2
You can still get out if you time right or just go out with the 3rd door which leads to the side of the tower. Anyway for those who want to try it out, just ask an admin to change the map on the vip server to cp_orange_x3_epps_b1 (console command: "sm_map cp_orange_x3_epps_b1"). I would appreciate every form of serious feedback so I can improve this map a bit more.

Also, edited my first post for a bit...

To do list
Main map:

-Fix the doors at red spawn (open in the wrong direction atm)
-Insert a light into the 'tunnel' towards the second exit or put one way glass there.
-Move the lights inside the tower around for a bit.
-Give both sides unique textures/colors so people know on what side they are.
-Insert an extra wall to reduce sniper camping at the 2nd spawn exit.
-Change anti-snipe/wranglerfest for the area between CP1 and CP2.

Secret room:
-Find a way to close/lock the doors towards the secret room with either a server command or unlock button only reachable by noclip. This way people will play the game instead of hanging in the secret room xD
-Fix the NERV door problems.
-Fix a certain door not closing properly due to a delay.
-Make the trigger area for the door towards a building bigger.
-Fix light_spot inside the building.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Empty Re: cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released]

Post by Furgus 16/8/2010, 21:58

I got a couple of stuff you could modify and some stuff that need fixing.

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Cp_ora10

Maybe you could make these breakable windows. and probably make them a little bigger. So if they can brake. People can jump out of those windows.

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Cp_ora11

Maybe make a second floor in the spawn. So people could attack from the above. that is what I'm doing on my current map. If you want use the idea.

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Cp_ora12
That is uneven.

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Cp_ora13
Yo maybe you could make a a door right in the middle of the side of the ramp. Which leads to a room. And maybe connect that room with the tower. I'm also implying that in my map.

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Cp_ora14
cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Cp_ora15

Other than that and some changes on the textures. It is a really good map.
Maybe you should make those a little thinner. Just my suggestion because then people can build there freely.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released] - Page 2 Empty Re: cp_orange_epps [Current state: Released]

Post by Epps 17/8/2010, 05:06

That was some useful feedback, exactly the reason I put the beta on the server before texturing.
-Tunnels is a no go, people will take them instead of the ground route (proof was during the orange week). Also, I already have a second spawn exit.
-The tower ledges should be a little smaller yes, I will change that just like the uneven part (grid fucked up on me I guess).
-The windows/glass I will adjust if CP1 and/or CP2 are to easy to defend. If that's the case I will make the windows taller and breakable but that's all up to a serious testplay.
-Spawn with a second floor, again all up to a testplay. I don't want to have people go in and out of spawn (aka spamming) when defending the last CP. Still I might do a one way door like I did on this cancelled map of mine: http://forum.pulpfortress.com/video-games-f35/i-can-make-maps-me-t1376.htm#18621
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 20/8/2010, 15:25

Map is done, see the first post for more info.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 20/8/2010, 15:36

That is a really good map Epps. Can't wait to try it out.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 22/8/2010, 18:58

Love the way how you presented the map in the first topic Epps. We have to try this out on public server soon.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2