Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New map for Pulp Orange 24/7 Server!

+2
Epps
Syn
6 posters

Go down

New map for Pulp Orange 24/7 Server! Empty New map for Pulp Orange 24/7 Server!

Post by Syn 22/8/2010, 14:18

Hey Pulp Community,

I wanted to ask you guys if you could possibly upload an old map I made to the Pulp 24/7 Orange Server. It's already on fpsbanana and it's called cp_orange_evolution_x3. Many minor changes have been made to the original which I'm hoping will attract many more players to the server. Try it, test it, and tell me what you guys think.

Here is the link to my map on fpsbanana: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/142737

-Syn

Syn

Back to top Go down

New map for Pulp Orange 24/7 Server! Empty Re: New map for Pulp Orange 24/7 Server!

Post by Epps 22/8/2010, 15:28

Hello Syn, at the moment we only run orange_x3 on the orange server because every time we switch to a better/other map the whole server goes empty. However there were plans for a second Orange Rotation Week/Weekend so we'll keep it in mind for that.

Map related question, why are there resupply cabinets outside spawn? Couldn't you just fix the spawn entry like I did here: http://forum.pulpfortress.com/video-games-f35/cp_orange_epps-current-state-released-t1506.htm
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

New map for Pulp Orange 24/7 Server! Empty Re: New map for Pulp Orange 24/7 Server!

Post by Young Greezy 22/8/2010, 16:00

Pepper why aren't we using orange epps.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 22/8/2010, 16:04

Young Greezy wrote:Pepper why aren't we using orange epps.
Like I said about 200 pixels above your post, we only run orange_x3 on the orange server because every time we switch to a better/other map the whole server goes empty. I guess people just hate improved versions that are not a donator snipefest. However I am still game for a second orange rotation week.

Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 22/8/2010, 16:07

Let the server empty. We'll still repopulate it. It will populate again in time and we'll all have more fun.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 22/8/2010, 16:15

Young Greezy wrote:Let the server empty. We'll still repopulate it. It will populate again in time and we'll all have more fun.

agree throw that son of a bitch on the server
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 22/8/2010, 18:32

Lets first we are able to populate the rotation server before we have two servers we have to populate.

Thanks for the map suggestion Syn, im sure we will do a orange rotation on the public server soon. We should tryout epps map, tendo's and this one?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 22/8/2010, 19:52

and hopefully mine. If I finish on time. I got a problem on mine. When I run the map, the textures are all different.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Syn 23/8/2010, 13:31

Hello guys,

Okay so these are the questions and concerns that you guys have written out and I just wanted to address each one.

Epps said: Map related question, why are there resupply cabinets outside spawn?

A: There are resupply cabinets outside spawn because I wanted the team who owns it to be able to get full health again. So only a blu team member can resupply at his/ her cabinet and not on the red, vice versa. The main vantage here is to make it feel like you're not helpless especially if there is no medic on your team and you really need some health. I don't know if that completely answers your question but reply if I didn't.

Eraserhead said: Lets first we are able to populate the rotation server before we have two servers we have to populate.

A: I'd be happy to help populate any time I can. IP address would be nice for the rotation server.

Young Greezy - Let the server empty. We'll still repopulate it. It will populate again in time and we'll all have more fun.

A: Everytime I play the 24/7 orange server I see regular comers and I don't think it'll be a huge problem if we switched maps but judging from what Epps said about it emptying everytime, I'm mostly likely wrong. However, what we could do is do a vote or poll to find out if the people want the new maps, Epps, Tendo's, and mine. And if they don't we could do the rotation server idea on weekdays/weekends etc.

I tried to answer everything that I could but probably not all the concerns you guys had. Reply back so I know what you guys are thinking.

-Syn

Syn

Back to top Go down

Post by Syn 23/8/2010, 13:32

Oh almost forgot...

Epps said: "because every time we switch to a better/other map the whole server goes empty."

What better/other maps have you guys tried?

-Syn

Syn

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 23/8/2010, 13:50

Hey Syn, I was mostly referring to the maps we ran during the orange rotation week. There were just less people joining when we didn't had orange_x3 on. As for the resupply cabinets, I would rather see them remaining inside spawn with a decent spawn door (and no open holes as in orange_x3) but that's just a personal matter I guess.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 23/8/2010, 14:04

Read this topic i made to collect all the topics about orange maps:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/everything-else-f5/topics-about-orange-maps-t892.htm

Syn, if you want to add something to your post you can just edit it so you don't have to double post Smile .

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syn 26/8/2010, 10:58

Hey guys,
After long and hard thinking I've kinda-sorta figured something out: two things.

1. Pulp members generally like cp_orange_x3, except when it comes to sniping. However, I was just on the other topic on the new CP2 camper mod topic, which I believed would've virtually fixed this, but I'm still thinking that some pulp members are still unsure even with this mod so that's why there are pulp-created variates of orange_x3. In other words, because of the ability to kill easily with CP2 camper, orange variations started popping up. (If I am mistaken tell me.)

2. But I think the most important thing to understand are the players. I've looked at the pics of Epps's map and magnificent as it was, not to mention creative (secret area ftw!), it might not appeal to the frequent players who play all the time. The average player is more used to something they recognize and I know the variations that the pulp members created aren't that different, but little changes go a long way.

Conclusion: I think it's come down to the small things. The ability to go into enemy spawn, the jumping into the windows, and the vastness and easy sniping of orange. There are all flaws which, in my opinion, made orange so great. Where else, in any map could you do this? Not that much. I think that's what attracted many players to orange. So when new orange variations pop up many people don't like them because the people aren't used to them and favor the traditional orange. And although I see these problems, I believe pulp is prepared for them. You guys have voteheadshot, and votescramble and all these votes it balances the game and the map, more often than not anyways.

-Syn

Syn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down