A votesniper feature...

Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty A votesniper feature...

Post by Young Greezy on 30/1/2010, 17:39

Lately, I have noticed a lot of people (myself included =D) getting angry about snipers slowing the pace of the game and ruining people's fun on our server. I am not saying that sniping is bad, but it is true that being a sniper can irritate people more than other classes. This is why I suggest that the server should have a votesniper command. Someone types this in and it brings up a vote (like the melee vote) to bring the class limit down to 0. However, I think that once this vote has gone through, another one shouldn't be able to be initiated for another 20 minutes or so, to prevent spam. This is a fair and democratic way to decide the issue on snipers for the people playing in the server at the moment.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Posts : 1775
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by miht on 30/1/2010, 18:05

Young Greezy wrote:Lately, I have noticed a lot of people (myself included =D) getting angry about snipers slowing the pace of the game and ruining people's fun on our server. I am not saying that sniping is bad, but it is true that being a sniper can irritate people more than other classes. This is why I suggest that the server should have a votesniper command. Someone types this in and it brings up a vote (like the melee vote) to bring the class limit down to 0. However, I think that once this vote has gone through, another one shouldn't be able to be initiated for another 20 minutes or so, to prevent spam. This is a fair and democratic way to decide the issue on snipers for the people playing in the server at the moment.
Snipin is part of the game people will rag eif there aren't sniper and prolly leave the server
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Posts : 572
Join date : 2009-12-21
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Eraserhead on 30/1/2010, 18:07

Good idea if you ask me. And maybe a difference:

Vote for snipers class limited to 1 and vote for it to be limited to 0.

Only i don't know if such a vote is possible. I installed the class limiter plugin myself but we have to research if ingame cvars are possible, maybe the limits can only be set on server startup or map change...

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Socrates187 on 30/1/2010, 18:11

YES YES YES
A votesniper feature... MEMBAHH
A votesniper feature... MEMBAHH
A votesniper feature... MEMBAHH
A votesniper feature... MEMBAHH
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 260
Join date : 2010-01-13
Age : 28
Location : Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Eraserhead on 30/1/2010, 20:01

It's already implemented by Jameless just need to reboot the server.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Epps on 30/1/2010, 22:42

Fucking hate it when the other teams has 2 snipers and mine has 0... then again, Orange_x3 is a snipefest :/

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

A votesniper feature... Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Eraserhead on 31/1/2010, 11:59

It seems the vote isn't working yet so we will have to wait till JameLess figures it out.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Young Greezy on 31/1/2010, 15:29

Ok. Thanks for all the work guys, it means a lot to actually have my suggestions listened to.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Posts : 1775
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Eraserhead on 31/1/2010, 22:29

Its working now. Just type votesniper ingame. Pepper, can you add this to the MOTD page?

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Epps on 1/2/2010, 13:04

Allready did after we tested it :p

Edit: I uploaded the wrong version... Forgot that I have changed the directory of the site now I work with DreamWeaver...

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

A votesniper feature... Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by DrManette on 1/2/2010, 14:54

Good idea if you ask me. Although I went sniper crazy last night on orange, it's frustrating to have two snipers constantly killing you over and over.
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

A votesniper feature... Empty Re: A votesniper feature...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum