Spawn camping

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Firestar on 15/2/2010, 13:36

DrManette wrote:Cry some more.

It's spelled moar.
Firestar
Firestar

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-12-03
Age : 23
Location : Oak Park, IL, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by DrManette on 15/2/2010, 13:38

Meh?
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Nicobbq on 15/2/2010, 14:06

wtfisatroll ?
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 28
Location : Quebec, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Guest on 15/2/2010, 17:33

Nicobbq wrote:wtfisatroll ?

wtfisamullet

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Eraserhead on 15/2/2010, 22:14

Bullet the only arguments that you have are that you should be able to kill the spawncamper and that it is a legitimate tactic to spawncamp. When you look at cp maps then you will know that by design these are meant to move forward. That's why in league terms they also call them push game types. With a push game the idea is to move forward and not fight the battle on the first place of spawning.

The most important argument for not allowing spawnkilling is that it is annoying. This is what has been stated by all members of this clan. It's simply a cheap kill to shoot or backstab a just spawned player in the back. It's not proper sportsmanship. That why do stockmaps have spawn protection. The idea is that you can spawn in this saferoom from which you can leave and battle. And when all members think spawnkilling is no fun than why the hell do you keep rambling on about it?

What you are saying is that when we play a soccer match and the goalkeeper is going to kick the ball all players should rush him.

I guess you are probably just trolling but still wanted to make my final statement on this.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Guest on 16/2/2010, 16:33

Eraserhead wrote:Bullet the only arguments that you have are that you should be able to kill the spawncamper and that it is a legitimate tactic to spawncamp. When you look at cp maps then you will know that by design these are meant to move forward. That's why in league terms they also call them push game types. With a push game the idea is to move forward and not fight the battle on the first place of spawning.

The most important argument for not allowing spawnkilling is that it is annoying. This is what has been stated by all members of this clan. It's simply a cheap kill to shoot or backstab a just spawned player in the back. It's not proper sportsmanship. That why do stockmaps have spawn protection. The idea is that you can spawn in this saferoom from which you can leave and battle. And when all members think spawnkilling is no fun than why the hell do you keep rambling on about it?

What you are saying is that when we play a soccer match and the goalkeeper is going to kick the ball all players should rush him.

I guess you are probably just trolling but still wanted to make my final statement on this.

I'm not trolling at all. Here's the catch eraserhead "ORANGE IS NOT A CP MAP". Even if it was, just respawn and shoot the guy. Is it really that hard? Especially with a .5 sec respawn timer?

Oh boo hoo you get killed once by a suprise ambush by that soldier waiting outside your spawn. Now you simply spawn, aim at him, kill him, go to resupply, and be on your way.

it's a legit strategy that should not be punished. I highly doubt ONE guy with LIMITED hp and ammo is holding off your spawn where you're like "Man I wish an admin would ban this guy." Just kill him and move on

Infact I would love to propose a challenge. We should have 23 pulp members on red wait outside the orange spawn with me being one alone blue getting out of the spawn. Come on, lets try it and lemme prove how flawed half of PULP is.

And this is not a skill test either, this is simply a logic factor.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Eraserhead on 16/2/2010, 16:48

Camping outside spawn is a whole different thing and that is not against the rules. We are talking about camping inside spawn. I agree that holding of players just outside the spawn point is a common tactic.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Guest on 16/2/2010, 16:50

Eraserhead wrote:Camping outside spawn is a whole different thing and that is not against the rules. We are talking about camping inside spawn. I agree that holding of players just outside the spawn point is a common tactic.

You cannot get in spawn in any stock map unless during humiliation.

Camping refers to waiting in an area to kill somebody
SPAWN camping's definition refers to the action of waiting outside a SPAWN to kill someone right away

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Taboo on 16/2/2010, 17:04

wtfisabullet wrote:Infact I would love to propose a challenge. We should have 23 pulp members on red wait outside the orange spawn with me being one alone blue getting out of the spawn. Come on, lets try it and lemme prove how flawed half of PULP is.

And this is not a skill test either, this is simply a logic factor.

Honestly, that won't prove a thing. You'd just get slaughtered by all 23 of us. Heck, you'd get slaughtered by a heavy/soldier-medic trio.

I'll say this, you are one damn good troll though, son. Enjoy our serv--- What a Face Never mind.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Guest on 16/2/2010, 18:34

Taboo wrote:
wtfisabullet wrote:Infact I would love to propose a challenge. We should have 23 pulp members on red wait outside the orange spawn with me being one alone blue getting out of the spawn. Come on, lets try it and lemme prove how flawed half of PULP is.

And this is not a skill test either, this is simply a logic factor.

Honestly, that won't prove a thing. You'd just get slaughtered by all 23 of us. Heck, you'd get slaughtered by a heavy/soldier-medic trio.

I'll say this, you are one damn good troll though, son. Enjoy our serv--- What a Face Never mind.


Too scared to do the challenge are we? PS: getting rid of a problem doesn't make it go away

Are you mad that im proving your way of thinking wrong?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Taboo on 16/2/2010, 18:50

No ones scared of you bullet. No ones mad about anything either. Honestly, I don't understand why you're so obsess with "trying" to prove us wrong. No one else on the server has any problems with our rules. They follow it and say nothing back. I had a person come into our spawn, I ask them nicely to get out and they got out. No one has a problem with it. But you, for some reason, do not understand. You think you're always right and that you're high and mightier then the rest. If you don't want to follow our rules then make your own server with your own rules.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Nicobbq on 16/2/2010, 18:53

Amen to that taboo.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 28
Location : Quebec, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Guest on 16/2/2010, 18:56

Taboo wrote:No ones scared of you bullet. No ones mad about anything either. Honestly, I don't understand why you're so obsess with "trying" to prove us wrong. No one else on the server has any problems with our rules. They follow it and say nothing back. I had a person come into our spawn, I ask them nicely to get out and they got out. No one has a problem with it. But you, for some reason, do not understand. You think you're always right and that you're high and mightier then the rest. If you don't want to follow our rules then make your own server with your own rules.

As a gamer who enjoys thrills I enjoy going into the enemy spawn and killing them knowing the huge risk of dieing by being in enemy territory.

You guys on the other hand find something thats SO easy to counter as being "cheap, cowardly and gay". You're logic is flawed, and as a result of not thinking of anything good to say back you just go "Oh man I hope he doesn't expose how crappy my clan is, i gotta ban him"

I mean for f♥️ck sake you guys installed VOTESNIPER. Are you that f♥️ck bad you can't shoot a guy in spawn.

and "LOL ITS SERVER RULES" isint a good reply, you can easily change the rules to make the game enjoyable for others who are actually decent at this game.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Nicobbq on 16/2/2010, 19:02

Didn't I tell you to never ever talk to us again?
Oh well, Banned.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 28
Location : Quebec, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Taboo on 16/2/2010, 19:09

Being the gamer that you are, you can go to another server to play on.

Most of us CAN kill a person who spawn camps, I'm sure, but we shouldn't have to. A spawn place is there so that we can spawn in peace. We shouldn't have to feel dangered in OUR spawn. Let them spawn in peace.

Should we change the rules to make the game enjoyable for "others who are decent at the game"? Or do you mean we should change the rules for YOU, seeing as how YOU are the only one that has a problem with our rules?
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Epps on 16/2/2010, 19:24

You know bullet, I never really understood you. Always claiming to be the best player and that everybody else is worse than you are, nagging on about our rules, how much we suck and how you hate the people on the server…

How many times have we told you to go to another server if you don’t like ours? I guess 10 maybe 20 times so far. We have been very patient with you, perhaps a bit too patient. You had it coming and you know it. You wouldn’t go to a foreign country to nag about how terrible it is, same goes for clan servers and forums.

Ow well, you already showed your true nature by acting as if Eraserhead would unban you just because you know him. You have been warned hundreds of times by a lot of people. I wish you luck on your trolling quest as the frustrated person you are.

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Spawn camping - Page 2 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Lord Zurkov on 16/2/2010, 23:45

Aw... I liked bullet, too... he was a good player. Sad
I never thought I'd see the day when he left the server, especially not over something minor like this...


Last edited by Lord Zurkov on 17/2/2010, 00:11; edited 1 time in total
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by DrManette on 16/2/2010, 23:51

Gee guys, I didn't know we were under a bridge... what's with the troll?

Ah well, good riddance.
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Eraserhead on 17/2/2010, 07:41

It's not only this Zurkov. There have been other issues with wtfisabullet. For instance he has been kicked and tempbanned by some of our admins because he insulted them. A lot of people don't like him because he has a negative attitude. After he started the whole discussion about spawncaming we did a poll in the admin forum if we should ban him and it was a unanimous result. All 8 admins voted to ban him.

@bullet
I think you have to work on your personality. Criticising people in the way you do will never bring you any good. Not in games and not in real life. This weekend i hear you say to someone "Look buddy no offense but..." and then you give that person very hard critisism. Which most people aren't waiting for, they are here to play a game and have fun. And they will say you disrespected and insulted them which you should understand. Myself i can handle your remarks but others won't put up with it. Frankly i never here you laugh ingame bullet so maybe you need to lighten up. Be less serious and more cheerful.

I've heard you say each time when you come on the server 'Sniping takes no skill'. Yet you make good headshots (for which i compliment you) and you say that Gibbo is one of our most skilled players. So i am glad that you disagree with yourself and i disagree to. Sniping takes skill. Another skill, but it's skill. And telling people otherwise is just a way for you trying to discourage or intimidate them. Again a negative way of playing the game.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Firestar on 17/2/2010, 16:51

wtfisabullet wrote:Too scared to do the challenge are we? PS: getting rid of a problem doesn't make it go away

Actually, I've found that getting rid of a problem DOES make it go away... Getting rid of you, makes you go away, simple logic right there. We're not scared because it's retarded. Your thinking is that if you keep rushing out there, death after death, that you'll chip away at our health. Unless we have a medic... Or have any skill at all. You're really not that amazing, bullet, sorry to say. There are some people that are better than you! Let's see, the population of the planet is 6,692,030,277... about 6,692,030,277% of those people are better than you! I know, suprised me too, what with the way you talk..
Firestar
Firestar

Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-12-03
Age : 23
Location : Oak Park, IL, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Lord Zurkov on 17/2/2010, 17:37

Firestar wrote:You're really not that amazing, bullet, sorry to say. There are some people that are better than you! Let's see, the population of the planet is 6,692,030,277... about 6,692,030,277% of those people are better than you!
I think your maths are borked. 6,692,030,277% of 6,692,030,277 is... *does maths* 4.47832692282847e+17 people.

Also, bullet is one of the best players on the server (probably because he takes it 4SRS...I also take the game more 4SRS than I know I should). Just because you're in an argument doesn't mean you shouldn't give credit where credit is due.

I honestly don't think he could beat down the entire clan if he's being spawn-camped, but he'd probably be able to take out more than half before he got fed up with it (unless he's stubborn, too, in which case we'd all go down eventually).
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Taboo on 17/2/2010, 17:54

Lord Zurkov wrote:I honestly don't think he could beat down the entire clan if he's being spawn-camped, but he'd probably be able to take out more than half before he got fed up with it (unless he's stubborn, too, in which case we'd all go down eventually).

Medic + Taboo = dominance.

Now imagine one person vs me and a medic + 21 other clan members. We're talking more medics, sentries, heavies, demoman, etc. You're giving him too much credit where credit is not due. I mean, half the clan? And if he's stubborn he'd take us all down?!?! Come on now.. common sense. I'd give him like maybe one kill, two would be the most.

Ask yourself, really???
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Lord Zurkov on 17/2/2010, 20:49

Taboo wrote:Medic + Taboo = dominance.

Now imagine one person vs me and a medic + 21 other clan members. We're talking more medics, sentries, heavies, demomen, etc. You're giving him too much credit where credit is not due. I mean, half the clan? And if he's stubborn he'd take us all down?!?! Come on now.. common sense. I'd give him like maybe one kill, two would be the most.

Ask yourself, really???
Says the person who himself challenged the entire clan to a match?

Besides, if he gets infinite tries he's bound to take us down eventually, even if through random crits. Hell, I could probably take out half the clan in a situation similar to this.

This is assuming that our team would not respawn, though. If we can respawn, then there's no way in hell he (or anyone else) could win.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Nicobbq on 17/2/2010, 22:43

You couldn't win. This is impossible, imagine 23 sentries in yo' face as soon as you respawn. Or 13 sentries and 10 pyros spamming everywhere
This is pointless.

And the challenge was issued by TENDO not TABOO, and it was for fun.

Thx Smile
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 28
Location : Quebec, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Taboo on 17/2/2010, 23:00

Zurkov, you're not thinking properly.

3 things that would make it impossible for you to succeed and yes, even Bullet won't succeed.
Spoiler:
Medic, dispenser and sentries.

Nico has already stated that the "challenge" was all in good fun and it was Tendo who made the "challenge". I just volunteered to be on Tendo's team thinking that it would be near impossible if it was him alone. Go read the thread again.

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/challenge-us-f13/fight-to-the-death-t115.htm

Thanks!! Spawn camping - Page 2 752759
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Posts : 179
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spawn camping - Page 2 Empty Re: Spawn camping

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum