Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time Empty Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| on 20/2/2010, 04:19

So, here it is. Whilst Nicobbq, Eraserhead, Gibbo, ScrimShaw, IceCKryss, Sgt Pepper, Young Greezy, DualGunna and Myself, were on the server last night, we were playing on Arena, and this other map, (can't remember what it's called!) we all had fun. When it came to arena, I noticed that a few people were sitting out, like in spectator, for example Nico was saying, Why am I sitting out? I dont want to! So, tomake it even, I decided to get two more of my friends in the game, so nobody will be sitting out, and it was a brilliant game. On my and Nico's last game, I backstabbed Nico, when he was Pyro, and I think, Pepper's sentry got me down to one health, then Gibbo comes along and gives me AIDS! Thanks Gibbo!

During the daytime, when you guys are not on, I'll try to get a few of my friends on there, to get the server going. I'll tell them to invite their friends, that's if any of them play TF2. Then when you guys come on, they'll most likely be off! I'm doing this so our Stock server gets a good use out of it.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time Empty Re: Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time

Post by Young Greezy on 20/2/2010, 13:39

Those matches were quite fun, I have to say.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time Empty Re: Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time

Post by Eraserhead on 20/2/2010, 14:03

Yes i've had very good times on the stock server too. Especially on arena maps. At least you don't have to play with/against noobs. My irritation levels have been rising last few times on orange when have a complete crap team except for 1 or 2 others. I refer to an earlier thread made by Pepper...

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps on 20/2/2010, 14:26

Eraserhead wrote:Yes i've had very good times on the stock server too. Especially on arena maps. At least you don't have to play with/against noobs. My irritation levels have been rising last few times on orange when have a complete crap team except for 1 or 2 others. I refer to an earlier thread made by Pepper...
Aw yes, my thread about how much my team sucked and how we lost 4 times in a row. Good old times...

Anyway, I'm a bit fed up with Orange_x3. The basic layout is decent, but where is the cover, where are the cool themes and why is it so hard to defend 2nd point on that map. As soon as the other team is there we're screwed >Sad

Whilst on the stock server... What I will do in the day time Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead on 20/2/2010, 14:37

You can defend 2nd point if you have good snipers in your team or otherwise make a sentry in the corner of cp2. Anyway, its good we have the private server so we have some variation.

Eraserhead

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy on 20/2/2010, 21:42

I still think you should change it to orange_x3_desert that we have on the stock server. That was so good by comparison.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov on 20/2/2010, 22:53

Sgt Pepper wrote:The basic layout is decent, but where is the cover, where are the cool themes and why is it so hard to defend 2nd point on that map. As soon as the other team is there we're screwed Mad
There's no cover because the mappers were lazy (or they have a deep-seated hatred for everyone who dares to have a head), there's no cool themes because the mappers were lazy, and it's hard to defend the 2nd/4th CP because it is seriously exposed (so if the enemy manages to get it your team is probably crap).
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps on 20/2/2010, 23:24

Makes me wonder why Orange_x3 is such a popular map since it is kinda unfinished and stuff :/

Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy on 20/2/2010, 23:26

Lord Zurkov wrote:
Sgt Pepper wrote:The basic layout is decent, but where is the cover, where are the cool themes and why is it so hard to defend 2nd point on that map. As soon as the other team is there we're screwed Mad
There's no cover because the mappers were lazy (or they have a deep-seated hatred for everyone who dares to have a head), there's no cool themes because the mappers were lazy, and it's hard to defend the 2nd/4th CP because it is seriously exposed (so if the enemy manages to get it your team is probably crap).

Zurkov speaks the truth
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov on 21/2/2010, 03:24

Sgt Pepper wrote:Makes me wonder why Orange_x3 is such a popular map since it is kinda unfinished and stuff Neutral
Personally, I like it because it has the tower and plenty of flat, open space for combat.

All it needs is for someone to add a sprinkle of cover, fix the little existing cover (the walls around the 2nd/4th points are way too short), add alternate routes, and correct the spawn problems ("cp_orange_x4_viper" solves all these problems).

There aren't any servers that run "cp_orange_x4_viper" 24/7 anymore... the Team Viper servers still run it occasionally, but their servers are either Vanilla, 100% Crits, or Randomizer.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| on 21/2/2010, 06:54

Nice to know this topic of mine getting popular!

Jonesie|UKCS|

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead on 21/2/2010, 08:04

I think Pepper has asked a good question asking why orange_x3 is so popular. I think it is because:

-the map is very small to download
-the map is very simple and clean (so you don't have to spend time on getting to know the map, you don't have to walk long distances or corridors, you have intant action)
-because the map is so open you can see enemies come from a distance which is a way different battle then playing 2fort for instance
-we have instant respawn turned on
-because of the design of this map it takes ages to win the game (unless you have a good team chemistry your team can win 3 times in a row within 10 minutes) and this makes it people tend to stay longer on the server i think compared to other servers. And because we have people staying on the server longer this will attract other players and the server will become more popular in a short period of time

I know of another orange_x3 server that ran desert orange at some point but there were immediately less players on there. Don't forget that desert orange is 20MB to download and orange_x3 just 2MB. So we would have to use our fast download web server for sure if we would want to do that. We were planning an orange map rotation so i would say if we pick two other maps we can rotate 3 orange maps for one week to see how the public reacts to it. We will also install maprate so people can give ratings. But first i say we test out some more maps on the private server. Maybe purple x would also be a nice map to put in rotation.

Eraserhead

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq on 21/2/2010, 10:23

Another reason people love orange x3 is that it's not very detailled and doesn't require a big graphic card.
That's the main reason orange maps were made.

Orange desert keeps orange x3 layout but is way more detailled and therefore lags a lot more (on my pc)

For having played on rotation orange maps before the 3 most populars one are :

-Orange X3
-Orange X4 (with a basement)
-Purple X
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead on 21/2/2010, 11:29

This is actually a good point Nico made. I don't think Taboo for instance would be able to play desert orange.

Eraserhead

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov on 21/2/2010, 19:31

Apparently there are several servers that run "cp_orange_x4_viper" other than Team Vipers servers, so apparently they're cool with people using the map. Either that, or they don't care.

I suggest we add it to the servers.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps on 21/2/2010, 21:10

Well we could always ask permission to use the map, right? Shows us that we are serious as well...

Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov on 22/2/2010, 02:45

Sgt Pepper wrote:Well we could always ask permission to use the map, right? Shows us that we are serious as well...
I tried to find a way to contact 'em, but they don't make themselves easily available.
Their site is here, if it helps.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps on 22/2/2010, 14:13

You could just sign in on their forum and PM an admin...

Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq on 22/2/2010, 14:26

Hi, I contacted Russell, the founder of Team Vipers in order to know if we can host his map and he told me to ask Linux Lover, he is the creator of the map .

His steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/linux_lover

He is currently offline but if one of you gets to contact him, reply here!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| on 23/2/2010, 06:45

Fortunately, I agree with Nico. 'Cause, when I see there arn't any players on our Orange server, I play on a different Orange server, or try to get a game going on our other server, or, just find a server with a different type of orange map or a Purple map. I think we should have those other two maps in our orange server rotation for a week.

Jonesie|UKCS|

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead on 23/2/2010, 07:46

I think we should have Tendo's map in the rotation! I could not play anymore yesterday because it was late but what i've seen of it it's great. Just needs some minor fixes. But it's up to Tendo of course...

Eraserhead

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless on 23/2/2010, 08:04

Eraserhead wrote:I think we should have Tendo's map in the rotation! I could not play anymore yesterday because it was late but what i've seen of it it's great. Just needs some minor fixes. But it's up to Tendo of course...

I agree. It's a lot of fun to play on especially when more people are in the game. Whaddya say Tendo?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov on 23/2/2010, 12:50

Tendo's map would be fun... if that clipping problem with the hills get fixed.
Getting stuck in the map isn't fun. :sadface:
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless on 23/2/2010, 13:31

He already fixed that problem with the newer version that is currently on the stock server. It also has some other cool changes. You should go check it out!
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo on 23/2/2010, 19:21

Oh i guess you can use it Razz, but only because i like you guys. I did update it, so check it out Very Happy
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next