Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1

Go down

Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1 Empty Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1

Post by Epps on 21/3/2010, 18:59

Since today everyone that wants to download from garrysmod.org needs to verify that they have actually bought Gmod instead of pirated it. How you might ask? By putting a code on their steamprofile for just a minute so garrysmod.org can verify your purchase of gmod. Okay the system isn't really waterproof because sure, you can just borrow a friends account who had bought it and people using the outdated Gmod 9 will no longer be able to download their models and mods anymore. But who cares for those cheap bastards anyway?

The best thing is that about his all is the butthurt drama from the pirates who have been leeching Garrymod.org's bandwitdh. They find it an absolute rediculious idea to have them verify that they have bought the game. Of course it's rediculious because how the hell do you verify a pirated copy? Ow well, time to go look at some more drama from those poor kids who can't even spend $10 on a single game.

Also, what do you guys think of this?

Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1 Empty Re: Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1

Post by ninji on 21/3/2010, 19:03

I am absolutely on board. garrysmod.org is a terrific site, and its bandwidth is what keeps mods flowing into my garrysmod directory. And, seriously, its $10, buy the damn game. I also really like how they made all their files torrents, all those months ago.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1 Empty Re: Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1

Post by Socrates187 on 21/3/2010, 20:30

Arrgh, matey! While I do torrent/pirate, I support this choice 100%. GM is a great game, and yes, I bought it myself. I mean, it's only $10, it's worth it.
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps on 22/3/2010, 18:16

You're not the only one who torrents a lot, but he did it not so people would buy the game, but so the pirates would stop leaching from garrysmod.org bandwitdh. As we all know, bandwitdh isn't free so it's only natural that people who didn;t bought it should be able to use the official site.

Also, if you downloaded a game which you really enjoyed then buy it. I do that all the time adn am planning on buying Fallout 3 even though I almost finished it (crazy eh).

Pirates vs Garry: Pirates 0 - Garry 1 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji on 22/3/2010, 20:22

Sgt Pepper wrote:You're not the only one who torrents a lot, but he did it not so people would buy the game, but so the pirates would stop leaching from garrysmod.org bandwitdh. As we all know, bandwitdh isn't free so it's only natural that people who didn;t bought it should be able to use the official site.

Also, if you downloaded a game which you really enjoyed then buy it. I do that all the time adn am planning on buying Fallout 3 even though I almost finished it (crazy eh).
That is exactly what I do. The only game I have totally ripped off the dev's is Fallout 3, and I fell bad because I did the same with all the expansions and that is my second most played game ever, at 800, after Team Fortress 2, at 1200.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ImTheAssassin on 26/5/2010, 16:39

I agree with this because they will run out of bandwidth and then Garry will have to pay more to get more bandwidth if he didn't do this. gMod deserves money too because it took long to make but one thing I don't get..Didn't they say that you can't sell mods for games... Correct me if I am wrong..
ImTheAssassin
ImTheAssassin

View user profile http://gamerzpalace.cz.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji on 26/5/2010, 17:04

ImTheAssassin wrote:I agree with this because they will run out of bandwidth and then Garry will have to pay more to get more bandwidth if he didn't do this. gMod deserves money too because it took long to make but one thing I don't get..Didn't they say that you can't sell mods for games... Correct me if I am wrong..
Gmod 9 is a mod mod and that is free, while Gmod 10 is standalone* on Steam, hence its price tag.

*Disregarding the Source requirement
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord on 26/5/2010, 17:19

Well, seeing how my favorite gmod community is mostly made up of pirated accounts, I have partial sides. When one of my friends in said community got it, I knew garry had the right choice. Most of the people community got angry, then a few legit people started sharing accounts or getting the files for them. So, w/e. I don't care, I bought legit gmod because if I really pirated everything, the guilt would rip me to shreds.
UberLord
UberLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down