Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by jameless on 25/3/2010, 07:37

O man I forgot about King's Quest until I saw the screenshot! I was more a fan of Police Quest and Space Quest myself though.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 955
Join date : 2010-01-04
Age : 37
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Eraserhead on 25/3/2010, 07:40

Haha yes Police Quest was great too. But the most fun ever i had on the Amiga 500 with Monkey Island 1 & 2.

PS: Nice hijack again...

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by DrManette on 25/3/2010, 10:32

Well thanks guys because you made me feel even older. My first FPS that I really got into was Quake 1 (1996, 14 years ago before some of you could spell and before some of you were born

Haha, my dad has a quake shirt that he had made back when he was in a clan. Hilarious, isn't it? I think my first FPS was probably DOOM, which scared the shit out of me. However, the first video game I played was Contra III for the SNES. Great system...
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Young Greezy on 25/3/2010, 16:38

I never really played FPS's until TF2 when it first came out... I feel like such a youngin'. But I was playing video games since I was three years old! Super Mario Kart on the Super Nintendo, which is still the best home console ever.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Posts : 1775
Join date : 2010-01-10
Age : 52

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by DrManette on 25/3/2010, 16:42

Super Nintendo, which is still the best home console ever.

Amen to that, SNES was the best system imo. Sure N64 had 3d but the graphics on the SNES were amazing for 2d. I loved Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Contra, ect.
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Mortelle-Corteau on 25/3/2010, 16:59

When i was even younger (imagine my voice voice then Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Affraid ) i played half life 1 deathmatch but i never played half life one i then played hl2dm and ep 1 and ep 2 i never acutally played HALF LIFE 2. which makes me really sad, il be playing them all soon. im going to buy them all and stay up until ive completed all of them NO SLEEP, time for coffee
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 116
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Epps on 25/3/2010, 17:39

Strange too see how everyone here is a Nintendo fanboy...

Even though the first console I played with was the Amiga 500+ followed by the NES, I prefer the PSX over anything. The games back then were so much better than the current ones. The living colors, the fantasy, the unique styles, all the original stories and the original gameplay... Those are what makes PlayStation 1 the greatest console ever for me. In fact, I still play on it every now and then with all the original hardware that came with it!

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by DrManette on 25/3/2010, 22:15

Strange too see how everyone here is a Nintendo fanboy...

Even though the first console I played with was the Amiga 500+ followed by the NES, I prefer the PSX over anything. The games back then were so much better than the current ones. The living colors, the fantasy, the unique styles, all the original stories and the original gameplay... Those are what makes PlayStation 1 the greatest console ever for me. In fact, I still play on it every now and then with all the original hardware that came with it!

I suppose it all has to do with what you grew up with, my dad originally had an NES, so by the time I came around SNES was in the house. I never had a chance to experience the glory of the "Prehistoric" consoles (no disrespect there, either). Unique story lines is really what I miss the most. The old school RPGs with the imaginative stories, or the games that DIDN'T need an end of the world scenario to make the game work. Imagine that. a game where the apocalypse / zombies / terrorists / gangs / pokemon weren't the entirety of the plot. I loved Sega and SNES, but all I had was the SNES. Honestly, 2d graphics still impress me more than 3D. There's something more artistic to them.
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Eraserhead on 26/3/2010, 08:24

Aren't you guys forgetting that a game just makes more impression depending on your age an experience? I love a lot of those old 2D games but it's just sentimentality. I also remember playing Dune when it came out on the PC. Realtime strategy didn't exist then, omg i spent so many hours on that game.....i'm glad i don't play that sort of games anymore, so much fun but too time consuming.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by DrManette on 26/3/2010, 09:46

Aren't you guys forgetting that a game just makes more impression depending on your age an experience?

Yea that's true. I'm playing Golden Sun right now (GBA game) because I loved it as a kid. However, it's so easy I don't even have to try. At all. I guess I'm just addicted to nostalgia.
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Eraserhead on 26/3/2010, 10:42

Let's see how far back we can go. This is the oldest game i remember:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogger

I was 6 years old when this came out lol. I think i played it when i was 8.

and then this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lode_Runner

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by DrManette on 26/3/2010, 10:46

Mickey's ABC's came out in 1990, that was the first kids video game I played.
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Epps on 26/3/2010, 12:16

Sure, nostalgia playes a huge role in it. On the Amiga 500+ I always played Silkworm, a sidescrolling shooter that is famous for being f♥️ck HARD. I finally beeated it when I was 8 or 9 after trying for 4 years. Funny thing is that I can't seem to beat it anymore these days xD

But I still think the older games were better. These days the trend in gaming is that everything needs to be good looking, either realistic or default cartoon and quirky humor is no longer accepted. If there is one series that gets well know/famous then all the other publishers/developers are going to copy them:
Guitar Hero -> Rock Band
MW2 -> New Medal of Honer
GTA3 series -> True Crime
Every Final Fantasy Game since it became 3D -> Every Final Fantasy Game since it became 3D (wait what?)
Mario Kart 64 -> Crash Team Racing (I liked CTR better though)

I mean, how many games are there that you, a character with a personality that you can identify with, needs to save the world from some evil demon wizard thingy? A LOT! Why because it sells since the ZOMG SQUARE-ENIX kiddos want those kind of games. Ever played Earthbound? Now that was a game with a good sense of humor. Battling New Age Retro Hippies, Cranky Old Lady's and a giant pile of Puke. And even though it was funny it also had a good story although the graphics are basic which is acceptable.

Ow yeah, not dissing Nintendo or anything, I dont do flamewars and enjoy both PlayStation as Nintendo with my only real exception being the GameCube. Played all the decent games (all 8 of them!) and then I sold it to some unlucky stranger who wanted to pay me €100 for that thing a long with 1 controller, 256 block memory card and some games.

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Mortelle-Corteau on 26/3/2010, 17:05

CTR is awesome the Crash Bandicoot games were the first i ever played i dont own any of them anymore. sigh.... i also remember me and my friends staying up until 2am mucking around frisking people stealing there drugs in true crime new york, it all went to shit when we had to shoot freaking zombies and deamons that wrecked true crime
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 116
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Nicobbq on 26/3/2010, 17:32

And while we are on the nostalgia topic...

HERES THE SHOCKING FACT

There is only 151 pokemons...

there is no more, the other that you might think you know are illusions.
Bulbausaur to Mew. That's the only pokemons that exist.

If you think there is more pokemon, then you are WRONG!
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 28
Location : Quebec, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Epps on 26/3/2010, 17:45

Nicobbq wrote:And while we are on the nostalgia topic...

HERES THE SHOCKING FACT

There is only 151 pokemons...

there is no more, the other that you might think you know are illusions.
Bulbausaur to Mew. That's the only pokemons that exist.

If you think there is more pokemon, then you are WRONG!
Strange...In my Pokémon world there are 251 Pokémon.
For those who are slow at mind, Pokémon got ruined after Johto.

Also, am I the only one who finds it weird that #150 is Mewtwo (clone of Mew) and #151 is Mew (the original)?
I mean, they found Mew before Mewtwo and yet Mewtwo is #150 and Mew is #151 Neutral

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by DrManette on 26/3/2010, 22:23

Ow yeah, not dissing Nintendo or anything, I dont do flamewars and enjoy both PlayStation as Nintendo with my only real exception being the GameCube. Played all the decent games (all 8 of them!) and then I sold it to some unlucky stranger who wanted to pay me €100 for that thing a long with 1 controller, 256 block memory card and some games.

Haha, hence why SNES is STILL my favorite system, and Gamcube games sucked balls with the exception of Resident Evil and Pikmin.

And while we are on the nostalgia topic...

HERES THE SHOCKING FACT

There is only 151 pokemons...

there is no more, the other that you might think you know are illusions.
Bulbausaur to Mew. That's the only pokemons that exist.

If you think there is more pokemon, then you are WRONG!

Amen to that, Nico! Stupid pokemon and all the new updates, I just want my f♥️ck 151 pokemon. Ya know, the ones we all memozied and caught to become POKEMON MASTERS. So now we gotta to get these 175 or those 298 or whatever. f♥️ck that, Prof. Oak / Elm / Birch / Maple / Pine / Fir / Palm / Ceder / Christmas.

Also, am I the only one who finds it weird that #150 is Mewtwo (clone of Mew) and #151 is Mew (the original)?

My guess would be that they first found a fossil of Mew, so the first living Pokemon would have been Mewtwo and then they later saw a living Mew.
DrManette
DrManette

Posts : 264
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 28
Location : Edge of the Earth

View user profile http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Epps on 27/3/2010, 13:42

No because Peridectal is also a fosil pokemon and he is Nr something with living pokémon after him.
I say they screwed up at Nintendo. Ow and I still hink there are 250 pokemon caue lets face it: Gold was de best game in the series!

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by jameless on 27/3/2010, 14:09

Found this on Google.

"You can try to come up with all the logical reasons you want, the only real reason is because it's a game. Mew was supposed to be a hidden in-game secret, so having Dragonite as number 149, and Mewtwo as 151 with a big mysterious gap on the 150th spot would have ruined the surprise factor. If you follow the game's canon, then Mew really SHOULD be #150 (or hell, it should be #1 if you think about first gen's lore about Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon), but the Pokedex numbering system doesnt follow any real pattern thats relevant to the story. It's simply a gameplay thing."
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 955
Join date : 2010-01-04
Age : 37
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Epps on 27/3/2010, 15:15

jameless wrote:Found this on Google.

"You can try to come up with all the logical reasons you want, the only real reason is because it's a game. Mew was supposed to be a hidden in-game secret, so having Dragonite as number 149, and Mewtwo as 151 with a big mysterious gap on the 150th spot would have ruined the surprise factor. If you follow the game's canon, then Mew really SHOULD be #150 (or hell, it should be #1 if you think about first gen's lore about Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon), but the Pokedex numbering system doesnt follow any real pattern thats relevant to the story. It's simply a gameplay thing."
YOU SPEAK LIES! Pokémon isn't a game, it's a way of living!

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Alex on 27/3/2010, 22:25

So yea, I like Left 4 Dead 2. I don't know why, but I just find it fun. Err, wait. This thread isn't about that anymore..

First game: Rugrats Time Machine game (I don't remember the name) for the Gameboy Color.
I was 5.
That game was hard as shit when I was 5.
Alex
Alex
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 39
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 24
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oh my god, a L4D2 sale! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh my god, a L4D2 sale!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum