Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation)

+3
Havik
DrManette
ninji
7 posters

Go down

PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation) Empty PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation)

Post by ninji 28/3/2010, 13:39

I was thinking about how exactly the TF Team would go about updating the engineer, and I figured it had to be different. Not weapon unlocks, how exactly would that be productive, anyway?

Instead, they could have a PDA replacement; what would it do? It would change all the buildables. Not much, I mean, it would still have a sentry, a disp, an entrance tele and its counterpart. But it is the stats of these new buildings that are changed.

One possibility is make the damage output for the sentry, the dispenser heal/restock rate, and the teleporter recharge rate raised 50%. But all of these new buildables would be 50% more susceptible to all enemy damage. Another idea would be to do the exact opposite.

While the exact stats for the new buildables might be different in the final cut, I think that one of the new unlocks should be a new PDA that spawns different buildings, but none of them seriously core changing.

As for the model it would use, redone TFC models would suffice, in my humble opinion.

What do you guys think of this?
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation) Empty Re: PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation)

Post by DrManette 28/3/2010, 14:29

Obviously the engineer buildings will be altered in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if the shotgun or wrench slots get a new weapon too.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation) Empty Re: PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation)

Post by Havik 28/3/2010, 15:10

yeah, like a new wrench or w/e. call it a monkey wrench, it lets you build items 25% faster, but it takes 25% longer to replace the damage done on buildings.
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 28/3/2010, 19:29

If i'm not mistaken so far all classes have gotten different melee weapons (except spy and sniper?) So there is a chance that the wrench will be replaced. That they are developing new buildings was already revealed a little while ago. I think the PDA option is a realistic idea only maybe in another way. I don't think increasing the power of the sentry would work while decreasing it's resistance to damage. It would mean almost instant kills with a level 3 sentry and 50% more damage would mean you could blow it up with one sticky.

Maybe the update will involve something which delivers allows you to harvest more metal or build more with less at the cost of a certain price.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 28/3/2010, 19:46

Eraserhead wrote:If i'm not mistaken so far all classes have gotten different melee weapons (except spy and sniper?) So there is a chance that the wrench will be replaced. That they are developing new buildings was already revealed a little while ago. I think the PDA option is a realistic idea only maybe in another way. I don't think increasing the power of the sentry would work while decreasing it's resistance to damage. It would mean almost instant kills with a level 3 sentry and 50% more damage would mean you could blow it up with one sticky.

Maybe the update will involve something which delivers allows you to harvest more metal or build more with less at the cost of a certain price.
The stats are, of course, due to change. The main idea is the new PDA with 4 different buildables.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 28/3/2010, 20:09

Didn't they say they were going to make a wrench that builds considerably faster but won't be able to upgrade? So that means that they will always be level 1 sentry, dispenser etc and the build up speed would be like 4-5 seconds to build. I could have sworn i heard of it sometime ago.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 28/3/2010, 22:36

Taboo wrote:Didn't they say they were going to make a wrench that builds considerably faster but won't be able to upgrade? So that means that they will always be level 1 sentry, dispenser etc and the build up speed would be like 4-5 seconds to build. I could have sworn i heard of it sometime ago.
I very clearly remember hearing that from somewhere, but I can't.... place it.... It is a good idea, nonetheless.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 29/3/2010, 01:25

If I recall we did a thread on this a while back. I still like my idea for the electric fence... Generator replaces dispenser, nodes replace teleporters. Then, you can have an engy block off an entire route as long as the generator runs.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 29/3/2010, 02:31

good idea, but just for example if you had that and the monkey wrench (assuimng tey made both Razz) then it would proabably be a little overpowerd because levels wouldnt be to important it would still block of that part of the map especially if you had your sentry gun covering it especially because if you put it infront of your sg in a closed space soldier and heavy ubers would be renderd useless as they cant curve things over it, assuming you make it solid if it wasnt solid then it would be useless because people could just walk through and take the damage, especially idf they had a medic also it demolishes spies because they cant move though it instantly showing they are a spy or they move through it taking a lot of damage maybe they could sap the nodes from the front but that means showing themselves
scrap my comment about the ubdered solly/heavy they could just destroy the nodes

sorry for the block of text to tired to paragraph PDA replacement/engineer update (Speculation) Icon_neutral
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 29/3/2010, 07:16

Here are some of the earlier threads:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/news-f1/engineer-update-t425.htm?highlight=engineer

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/general-discussions-f5/ideas-for-the-engineer-update-t127.htm?highlight=engineer

There was also one about the mini-dispenser that could be carried like a backpack but i couldn't find that one anymore.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 29/3/2010, 10:03

I believe that was in the idea's for the engy update thread. Mini dispenser for the engy, slows him down like a razorback, but he always has a dispenser. Also, the Heavy-Spenser, put a full size dispenser on a heavy....

Oh god, that'd be fun to do as heavy. Imagine running around Orange 3 with a dispenser on your back, and a big minigun and unlimited ammo... Hehehehe....
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 30/3/2010, 00:50

thatd be rdiculous!!!!!
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 30/3/2010, 08:35

I'm going to call that OP right now hyce! Razz Running around with a dispenser would mean a heavy with little ammo or health issues. Even if it bumped out his sandwich and medic capabilities the effect would enormous.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 4/4/2010, 06:52

Here is something im hoping you all love

Im sorry i know this thread is kinda dead but cmon

Tex is what would 100% get my vote it would just need a bit of a nerf to the bite
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down