Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PULP FORTRESS PUG GUIDLINES

3 posters

Go down

PULP FORTRESS PUG GUIDLINES Empty PULP FORTRESS PUG GUIDLINES

Post by Young Greezy 3/4/2010, 13:12

PULP FORTRESS PICK UP GAMES - GUIDELINES

Recently, Eraserhead and I have been experiencing problems while organizing PUGS. These problems vary and affect everything from gameflow to team performance. This list of rules and regulations will hopefully clear things up.

GENERAL RULES

- Do not sign up for the pug if you are not going to make it. Those who do not participate in PUGS which they have signed up for will not be able to participate in any of the current or next week's PUGS. You may be exempt from this rule if you have an acceptable excuse, but something like "I forgot" will not be accepted.
- Arrive on time. Starting pugs half an hour after the scheduled start time isn't practical, and this has often resulted in people dropping on the last map. If we have planned to start at 7:30, that is when we want to start, and showing up on time, or even slightly early, would be a thoughtful thing to do.
- Do not request teams. For the time being, Eraserhead, Panda, and myself are trying to assemble the teams so that player skill and class counts are even, and to try different pairings to see who works best together. We want good matches, not slaughters.
- Make sure that you are available for at least two and a half hours when signing up for a pug. This is how long a pug goes normally. If you have to drop past the time limit, this is understandable.
- If you MUST leave, try your hardest to find an immediate replacement from your friend list, so we do not have to pause the game when you leave.

IN GAME RULES

- Be respectful. Listen to your team captains, and take initiative. Become a smart player, and you'll see success.
- Play one of the four competitive classes. These classes are Scout, Medic, Soldier, and Demoman. The numbers on each team are two scouts, two soldiers, one demo man, and one medic. This team setup is a tried and tested formula. One scout or soldier may rotate to play heavy, spy, or sniper at key times, but these should not be played for whole rounds.
- Do not argue with captains over what class to play. You really should be playing the class you signed up as for the duration of the pug anyways. Playing pyro or engineer will not bring you success against a serious team, and you need to understand this as a team.
- Do not switch classes without consulting your team. Most importantly, if your captain or your teammates tell you not to switch, then refrain from switching.
- Use your microphone. Unless you can type extremely fast, a microphone is imperative. Communication is key!
- Do not drop out early unless you absolutely have to, and never leave without saying anything. If your internet connection goes down, this is understandable, but contact another player ASAP to tell them what happened.
- Only swap classes with another player at the end of the round, or when you're both dead. The classes cap at their competitive numbers, so switching requires one player to become a different class first. It becomes confusing and so it's best to wait until both players can switch immediately.
- Play to win, but don't be a sore sport. Be serious about the game. You signed up for a pug to get some good competitive fun, and that is what you should try to achieve.

Last edited by Young Greezy on 4/4/2010, 21:00; edited 3 times in total
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

PULP FORTRESS PUG GUIDLINES Empty Re: PULP FORTRESS PUG GUIDLINES

Post by ninji 3/4/2010, 13:43

Sticky this
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 3/4/2010, 13:45

Yep, we didn't right away due to some technical issues, but now it's stickied.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 3/4/2010, 21:58

Yup yup yup.
I know how I shouldn't be speaking, seeing how I'm often late for pugs, because I'm an asshat, but I completely agree with all the points listed.

Great thread, Greezy!
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 3/4/2010, 22:38

Being hypocritical is okay, as long as you're supporting the right idea now!
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down