Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCREAMIN EAGLE!!! (Soldier Tactics)

+4
miht
Eraserhead
Epps
Firestar
8 posters

Go down

SCREAMIN EAGLE!!! (Soldier Tactics) Empty SCREAMIN EAGLE!!! (Soldier Tactics)

Post by Firestar 23/12/2009, 17:55

So here I am again, with another tactics guide, this time for the Soldier. Like the other one I wrote, I'll only have the stock weapons in this. In an upcoming part two, when I get used to the new weapons, I'll put those in too.

Okay, so, the Rocket Launcher: The most powerful weapon in the game. 4 shots, 20 total. (Slow reload, meaning each bullet needs to be reloaded) On a direct hit, this baby does from 105 to 112 damage. But you're aiming for splash damage. With the normal rocket launcher, never try to hit someone directly unless they're standing still. Always remember to reload. Watch out for pyros; they can reflect (DUH).

Rocket Jumping: This is the Soldier's sppecial skill. Not as useful as sticky jumping, but still nice. Basically, look down, jump, at the hight of your jump, shoot a rocket. It propels you upward and lets you reach higher places.

The Infamous Shotgun: 6 shots, 32 more. (Slow reload) 80-90 damage at close range. Extremely useful if you don't have the time to reload your rockets. Not much else to say. Try to use it.

Shovel: One melee weapon I will tell you not to pull out. The soldier is too slow for melee fights, and unlike the heavy, his melee weapon sucks.

So that's it for part one. If anyone wants to thank me for this or leave tactics of their own (please, for the stock weapons only), then please feel free.

See ya on the server! Very Happy

-Firestar
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

SCREAMIN EAGLE!!! (Soldier Tactics) Empty Re: SCREAMIN EAGLE!!! (Soldier Tactics)

Post by Epps 28/12/2009, 06:33

Well, soldier is the easiest class in the game (go ahead and hate me, it's the truth)...
Just spam rockets over not too long distances, aim for the ground and to where peopel are going and not on the person itself...
Kinda like the snipers huntsman except for the explosion :p
Use the shotgun for close combat and give your shovel a Hello Kitty skin because it's only good for having Hello Kitty on it Razz
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

SCREAMIN EAGLE!!! (Soldier Tactics) Empty Re: SCREAMIN EAGLE!!! (Soldier Tactics)

Post by Eraserhead 28/12/2009, 22:13

Sorry but i don't agree. I find it very hard to play soldier the right way. I did get a lot of direct hit kills tonight btw hehe.

Just take a look at how Taboo plays soldier sometime. Rocket jumping and landing exactly where you want is a skill. Also the slow reloading is a major disadvantage so that means you have to make every shot count which makes it more difficult. And also the soldier is an easy pick for snipers.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 30/12/2009, 17:50

When you play the soldier, asnd you use the direct hit, you have to really aim to where they are going to move from if they are far away... like eraser said, to make every rocket count is correct, but if yo urocket jump you got to hit them on the head or somewhere newar their feet so they get knocked up in the air and u can do the finishing touch with a minicrit.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 1/2/2010, 14:31

I find that aiming is the hardest of being a soldier (easier with the direct hit, though). Unless the enemy is standing perfectly still you really have to be tactical in your aiming, with either aiming where you think they'll be be or using splash damage. The direct hit definitely helps with its speed, however. I will say that the soldier is an easy class to pick up right away, but perhaps one of the hardest to become GREAT at.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/2/2010, 15:03

I agree, i was playing soldier yesterday for quite some time and am getting better with the direct hit prediction. I must say that when you got your enemy up close it can be a very dominating weapon.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 1/2/2010, 23:01

The key to being a good Soldier is to learn how to lead your enemies.
The easiest way to do that?

Meet the Flare Gun.

It's lethal when you know how to use it, it reloads faster than most projectiles, and if you're having trouble hitting someone you can just set the bugger on fire with your flamethrower.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 2/2/2010, 13:12

OK and how do you lead them?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich1909 4/2/2010, 18:01

best advice is to reload your rocket launcher as much as u can. one shot and reload. the rocket launcher is the most devastating weapon. but if u have no ammo as u go around the corner and see another sol with a full clip your as good as dead especially if u use 2 shots on him and a scout comes around the corner and thats all u loaded.

GAME OVER
Rich1909
Rich1909
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 4/2/2010, 18:26

Soldier is one of my fave classes. There's an option in options where it reloads automatically for you. So every time I shoot, it automatically reloads for me. Same deal with every class.

Last edited by Taboo on 4/2/2010, 19:32; edited 1 time in total
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 4/2/2010, 19:14

Soldier's just a fun class to play, flying around and gibbing people all over. Reload a lot, just like the scout, and try not to waste ammo too much. If you can't hit someone far away in three of four shots it's not going to happen.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich1909 4/2/2010, 21:47

ya i know about auto reload but i kinda like the tactile feel of commanding my own reloads. keeps me on my toes.
Rich1909
Rich1909
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 4/2/2010, 22:04

I have to try that auto reloading again but i remember that i hated the class reloading on a moment that i wanted to fire.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 5/2/2010, 09:46

Well for the soldier, you can interrupt the reloading whenever...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down