Auto-muting at empty times

Go down

Auto-muting at empty times Empty Auto-muting at empty times

Post by Hoboapple on 11/4/2010, 20:45

Category : Server

Question : Why does the server randomly automute me when I join at an empty time?

Problem : This has happened to me three times. I join in the middle of the night and nobody is on. The second I join, it says, "Admin has muted Hoboapple." This is a very annoying problem, as I have to wait the next day until an admin comes on and ask them to unmute me. I feel like I am annoying them. Embarassed People then also think I was spamming the mic or something. I'm writing this because I'm muted right now. I don't know if the server is going through maintenance and this is a completely irrelevant issue, and I'm sorry if it is.

also, wtf? ---> Japanese emoticon
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Auto-muting at empty times Empty Re: Auto-muting at empty times

Post by jameless on 11/4/2010, 21:09

Were you votemuted at any point?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead on 11/4/2010, 21:57

Hoboapple, i remember doing a votemute against you because you were mic spamming. We recently installed a plugin that makes a permanent mute out of this. I think the admins who unmuted you maybe used the wrong command but Jameless will look into this.

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps on 12/4/2010, 09:14

I remember you asking to be unmuted, but when I asked you why you were muted in the first place you didn't anwsered (3 times lol).
This kinda makes me wonder if having people a permamute vote is a good thing tho, sounds liek it brings in more problems then goodies.

Auto-muting at empty times Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by miht on 12/4/2010, 16:15

Sgt Pepper wrote:I remember you asking to be unmuted, but when I asked you why you were muted in the first place you didn't anwsered (3 times lol).
This kinda makes me wonder if having people a permamute vote is a good thing tho, sounds liek it brings in more problems then goodies.
maybes only admins have perma mute, and server mute only mutes for a period like last time.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless on 12/4/2010, 16:36

The issue with that would be votemuting and the people just instantly rejoin. Thus all the work of getting the votemute to go through would be wasted. I am going to be editing the admin unmute to be a punmute making it so an admin can undo a permamute easier. In theory if you were permamuted you were doing something you shouldn't have and I don't think we need to make it easier to undo a punishment for inappropriate behavior.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple on 29/4/2010, 18:19

Ah, okay. I understand. Sorry about the misunderstanding
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead on 2/6/2010, 15:23

Hey Eraserhead, I was wondering if I could be unmuted on the server. The first time I ever played on the server, I did a foolish thing and held my mic on every time a certain player was talking. I was then votemuted, and a little bit later unmuted. However, something happened with the server (and I posted about it on the forums), and I was permanently muted. At first I just thought, "Meh, oh well." Unfortunately, now, several months later, Pulp is my favorite server, and I go on it every time I play TF2. Crunchy and Blario are my friends IRL, and I had to explain to them about how I couldn't talk with them while we played. Well, now it is a little more important to me to be able to communicate with my friends, and that is why I am sending you this message. I promise that I won't mic-spam again. If you accept this proposal, thank you in advance, and if you refuse, I guess I understand.

Sincerely,

Hoboapple

You are actually the first that has requested this. I looked into it and there is no simple way to unmute you because it's stored in a database that sets a cookie eachtime you connect. I can change the database but i would first have to stop the server for that.

You can add me to your friendslist and i can go ingame and unmute you. Any other level2 admin can do this as well. You can ask me, or Fubar, Gibbo, Pepper, Jameless, Taboo or Nico.

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord on 2/6/2010, 16:44

Cool necro post bro.
UberLord