Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MORE YOU KNOW (INTERNET ANNOYANCE EDITION)

+4
Epps
ninji
Young Greezy
Impalsi
8 posters

Go down

THE MORE YOU KNOW (INTERNET ANNOYANCE EDITION) Empty THE MORE YOU KNOW (INTERNET ANNOYANCE EDITION)

Post by Impalsi 14/4/2010, 00:05

Is someone making YOU angry? Odds are, you've encountered an INTERNET ANNOYANCE. What is an internet annoyance, you ask? Why, it's an asshole on the internet who gets off on pissing off others!

"But Impalsi, YOU'RE one such person!" This may well be true, but shut the f♥️ck up.

The thing is, there are different ways to piss someone off. The way that one such asshole selects determines the category of annoyance that they fall into.

Flamer: A flamer verbally assaults other people in the hopes of convincing them of his point of view. A flamer is often arrogant, has unwarranted self-importance, and is prone to directly insulting others. Flamers aim is to belittle others or convince others of their own viewpoints by way of verbal browbeating.
Example of flaming: "YOU ARE SO GODDAMN SHITTY AT THIS GAME, JUST LEAVE THIS SERVER YOU SHIT-SUCKING WASTE OF FLESH."

Spammer: A spammer does the same thing over and over, be it vocal or text-based, and either has the intent to annoy, or believes that what they are doing is hysterically funny (no).
Example of spamming: Playing clips from a sound board into your mic to excess.

Troll: A troll is someone who attempts to draw out the anger of flamers, and other individuals, by way of saying things that are irrational, subtlely annoying, or that they know to be false.
Example of (basic) trolling: wut teh hell r u talking abuot man, pryos are the most skillz-dependent calss in tf2!!!1! lol
Example of (advanced) trolling:

Impalsi wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
Because, I never mute anyone. If they say something important, then I don't hear it, and if it's an argument, then I want to argue. Besides, the point is, I warned him several times, and he didn't stop. He didn't even admit to what he had been doing.

Let's just let this go, eh Firestar?

Test your mettle as a troll detector! Want to see this post in all its original glory? Check it out here.

Last edited by Impalsi on 14/4/2010, 00:12; edited 1 time in total
Impalsi
Impalsi
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

THE MORE YOU KNOW (INTERNET ANNOYANCE EDITION) Empty Re: THE MORE YOU KNOW (INTERNET ANNOYANCE EDITION)

Post by Impalsi 14/4/2010, 00:06

Last edited by Impalsi on 14/4/2010, 00:27; edited 1 time in total
Impalsi
Impalsi
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

THE MORE YOU KNOW (INTERNET ANNOYANCE EDITION) Empty Re: THE MORE YOU KNOW (INTERNET ANNOYANCE EDITION)

Post by Young Greezy 14/4/2010, 00:14

But Impalsi, YOU'RE one such- ........quick thinking
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 14/4/2010, 01:18

You neglected mentioning the super advanced trolling technique....
Or maybe that was a good idea.

Anyways, as far as "internet grievances" go, I must say, it is only the internet, and people should stop being so so serious.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/4/2010, 07:45

ninji wrote:You neglected mentioning the super advanced trolling technique....

Anyways, as far as "internet grievances" go, I must say, it is only the internet, and people should stop being so so serious.
^This

Also the way I treat these people, give them one warning followed by a mute/ban if they continue. Might sound harsh but believe me, it's the best for both you and the people on the server.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Impalsi 14/4/2010, 21:33

Sgt Pepper wrote:

^This

Also the way I treat these people, give them one warning followed by a mute/ban if they continue. Might sound harsh but believe me, it's the best for both you and the people on the server.

Me? I love trolling and trolls. And trolling trolls. And trolls trollings trolls trolling trolls.
Impalsi
Impalsi
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 14/4/2010, 22:44

Impalsi wrote:
Sgt Pepper wrote:

^This

Me? I love trolling and trolls. And trolling trolls. And trolls trollings trolls trolling trolls.
i sense a big angry troll.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 18/4/2010, 09:11

Oh hey, now I can link directly to this post. I'm not a troll if I'm right, and you're damn right you're going back to spawn to heal before our fight's over.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 18/4/2010, 10:23

ENTIRE TOPIC IS TROLLS /end heavy voice
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/4/2010, 14:16

Guess what? The master troll made this into a sticky.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 18/4/2010, 18:08

Eraserhead wrote:Guess what? The master troll made this into a sticky.
I would never imagine the master troll saying that. BUT a trolls a troll JOIN THE PARTY! RAGEEEE

*lol quick thought we should hve a troll emocion hahhaah
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 18/4/2010, 22:35

Whats a troll?
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 18/4/2010, 22:40

Spit and you'll probably hit one, 'tis the intarweb!
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 19/4/2010, 13:12

vladmirbsl69 wrote:
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Impalsi 20/4/2010, 16:02

Eraserhead wrote:Guess what? The master troll made this into a sticky.

dohoho, see, because he's actually NOT the master troll! I am. Good one eraser!
Impalsi
Impalsi
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down