Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sister needs help...

4 posters

Go down

Sister needs help... Empty Sister needs help...

Post by vladmirbsl69 6/5/2010, 17:26

Hey my sister keeps bugging me and im not so good with compyutars so id like some help. My sisters laptop keeps losing conn. to the internet or getting really slow so that we have to reset her internet which means none of get the internetz till its reset. her os is win 7 and its a hp laptop(yes sgt. pepper my sister has a hp laptop so you can care about this. Very Happy) She has not made any recent changes except deleating a school program that she used this year for science(no it was not installed when we got it it was installed via disc.)
Things we tried-
reseting internet
Reseting computer
uninstalling and reinstalling.

please and thanks for the help.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Sister needs help... Empty Re: Sister needs help...

Post by Cake 6/5/2010, 17:47

Is the internet connection wireless or not? Wireless internet can give a lot problems.
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/5/2010, 18:14

Like Cake asked, does she use wireless or plain old lan? However you mentioned it being a laptop so I can safely assume it's wireless she uses.

First off, let's rule out the usual suspects:
-Make sure she isn't flooding the router with downloads. Routers often go haywire when they have to make more than X connections.
-Upgrade the drivers (go to www.hp.com, click support en enter the model which can be found on the back).
-Run a check for spy/malware with MalwareBytes. Remove all things he claims to be malware.
-Try connection to any other wireless network. No problems = router/modem antenna is broken, problems = laptop's wireless antenna is most likely broken or disabled by a virus.

if she still gets any problems after trying all of this please report back. Also, [manditory girl joke about pics].
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 6/5/2010, 20:26

she doesnt download we now upgraded it we ran about 5 security things already and all of the other laptops work fine. We tried the other one and she still didnt work. we just installed a new security system(should have mentioned earlier forgot.) but it didnt do anything to the other laptops. there is one thing ill check when my sister gets home is if she has proxys cause our wireless doesnt like proxies...
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/5/2010, 20:37

5 security systems?! There's your problem right there! Seriously, a WPA2 key on your wifi network; windows firewall and one anti-virus on your PC is all you need. The more systems you combine the more problems they create since they dont like eachother.
Anyway you could try doing a system restore (make an external back up first!) by pressing F10 during startup. This will revert the laptop to factory settings. If that doesn't stop the problem then there's something wrong with the hardware. HP products all have one year warenty so you could send it to them for a free repair.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 6/5/2010, 20:55

no no i meant ran 5 security checks lolz not having 5 security systems.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 6/5/2010, 21:03

Some laptops like to use a wireless key, even if they have built-in wifi. Does she use a USB wireless key, Vlad? If so then it may be damaged, or broke all together.
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 6/5/2010, 21:57

no no wireless key. her proxies were on so im gonna give it till tommorow then update this post
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down