Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The server between the hours of 4-7 eastern

+7
The Mad Hatter
vladmirbsl69
jameless
Eraserhead
Google
Young Greezy
Nick
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The server between the hours of 4-7 eastern Empty The server between the hours of 4-7 eastern

Post by Nick 25/5/2010, 17:29

This might get explicit so if you don't like my language just don't click on the spoilers

Every time i get on the server after school one team is filled with
Spoiler:
noobs who don't know how to play worth of
Spoiler:
and the other team stacked to the max usually holding the other team in the spawn. Durring this time I usually get crited out of my
Spoiler:
and usually i will have to play a class i don't like due to the
Spoiler:
new class limit thing(no offense Jameless). Please make the server fun durring this time of day because every time i get on it just makes me full of rage
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

The server between the hours of 4-7 eastern Empty Re: The server between the hours of 4-7 eastern

Post by Young Greezy 25/5/2010, 18:06

That post was like an interactive pop up book or something.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

The server between the hours of 4-7 eastern Empty Re: The server between the hours of 4-7 eastern

Post by Nick 25/5/2010, 18:09

Young Greezy wrote:That post was like an interactive pop up book or something.

I thought you might like it
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 25/5/2010, 18:29

I agree =/
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 25/5/2010, 18:32

OK. So whats the suggestion here? Class limits will be relaxed soon, looking at how the poll is going. But what else?

Preventing noobs coming to the server is not an option i think. You could always do a votescramble, votecrits or ask an admin to force a scramble.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 25/5/2010, 18:36

Chuck wrote:This might get explicit so if you don't like my language just don't click on the spoilers

Every time i get on the server after school one team is filled with
Spoiler:
noobs who don't know how to play worth of
Spoiler:
Not sure how to get rid of noobs joining the server.
Chuck wrote:and the other team stacked to the max usually holding the other team in the spawn.
We are working on a plugin that handles team stacking but more on that another time.
Chuck wrote: During this time I usually get crited out of my
Spoiler:
Try 'votecrits' and turn off crits
Chuck wrote: and usually i will have to play a class i don't like due to the
Spoiler:
new class limit thing(no offense Jameless).
The class limits were changed earlier today and is very similar to the original way classes were limited. Not sure what class you were trying to be but I don't think we need more than 3 of any given class.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 25/5/2010, 19:07

couldn't play soldier when their was only two soldiers and also couldn't play spy when their was only one, was forced to play demo arguably my worst class or pyro arguable the noobiest class. Oh and I am not suggesting anything I am just Flaming, but if i was going to suggest something it would be a team scramble vote
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 25/5/2010, 19:21

We have a scramble vote...

"votescramble"
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 25/5/2010, 19:27

Perhaps you played before 2:30? Spy is at minimum 2 now never 1. In any case in terms of votescramble yes it's already there. The plugin I mentioned that will help with teamstacking also includes a better teamscrambler to help keep things from being too stacked. So the current votescramble will be enchanced in the near future.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 25/5/2010, 19:37

thats the time i play too chuck. and it usually is one team stacked against the other. only rarely is it fair.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 25/5/2010, 21:58

I hear you, man. However I have to be the one to point out that the worst stackers on the Pulp server are Pulp themselves, pub team stacks won't end because it's seen as fit for your members to do similarly.

Edit: Even my roommates and I will balance teams before the all-red or all-blue blob of PULP moves an inch. We certainly don't sit in spectator refusing to play until a slot opens up on a specific team, either.

Wake up call aside, why complain about noobs? I like kills, don't you?
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 25/5/2010, 22:02

The Mad Hatter wrote:I hear you, man. However I have to be the one to point out that the worst stackers on the Pulp server are Pulp themselves, pub team stacks won't end because it's seen as fit for your members to do similarly.

Edit: Even my roommates and I will balance teams before the all-red or all-blue blob of PULP moves an inch. We certainly don't sit in spectator refusing to play until a slot opens up on a specific team, either.

Wake up call aside, why complain about noobs? I like kills, don't you?

I always hit random but i agree with you completely
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 25/5/2010, 22:09

I don't really understand where you're getting the clan stack thing from hatter. We've only once in my recollection had an all pulp team, and that just happened randomly, and we kept it up cause it was funny.

Oh and I do wait in spectate when I get autobalanced, but that's regardless of whether I was on the winning or losing team beforehand. I just don't like working for one team and destroying shit, then having to move to another.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 25/5/2010, 22:16

It doesn't have to be all pulp to be a stack, as your server is public obviously. Over half of one team is pulp and the other is all pub far too often.

I've had conversations with your...duller...pulps who outright admit it and tell me to suck it up, so lets move on from denial.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 25/5/2010, 22:50

I think you will see this in most clans Mad Hatter, thats the whole thing about a clan, playing together.

But i agree with you that stacking isn't good. Whenever i see another team is being crushed in an unfair way i join that team to try bring balance, but only when there are just a few players on the server. When there are 14+ players it doesn't matter anymore. Unless you are medic or engie.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/5/2010, 07:06

I've been in clans longer than some of your members have been alive. I was playing Team Fortress before it was Team Fortress Classic.

I don't ever recall stacking one team intentionally. Not in fourteen years. Clan members tend to challenge each other, y'know, get better. But you guys aren't professional so you don't have to keep up with any skill level, so who knows.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 26/5/2010, 07:47

We do challenge each other Mad Hatter, we organize pugs to get better and play against each other. I think most people play orange mostly for fun and this conflicts with playing professional. Some of us actually try to play professional so please don't make any generalizing remarks.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 26/5/2010, 12:31

When my team gets killed while trying to get out of spawn, I go spy and backstab half of the enemy team. Now my teammate can get out and the game starts back again.
This is why they call it TEAM fortress. Use your head, with the 15+ unlockables items, there is a way to do about everything.

Also there is votescramble.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/5/2010, 16:42

You have private servers, go professional there. It's a public server--your server--but you still scratch your head wondering how the server went from full 24/24 to 10/24 on an intentionally stacked server.

And Nico: It's hard to go to the class that'd fix any given situation when their slots are filled with people playing their I'm Only Good With This Class and are still failing miserably. The TEAM Fortress part goes away when you have two or three out of nine classes to choose from.

Votescramble works in theory much more than in practice: The server attracts foreign and/or deaf-mute players. The scramble vote requires more than the majority of one team for it to pass, and especially in the case of PULP stack it's painfully rare for it to succeed.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 26/5/2010, 18:34

Yeah, and if you haven't noticed, people like WINNING. Therefore, the people on the stacked team WON'T votescramble. Therefore, seeing as you need MORE THAN HALF of the players to votescramble, TEAMS NEVER SCRAMBLE.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 26/5/2010, 18:46

GET GOOD!!!

</thread>

:p
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 26/5/2010, 18:59

Hatter, I don't know why you're taking it so seriously anyways. It's orange. I know you treasure it and all but be honest with yourself. Why on earth are you trying to find a fair and balanced game where everyone plays smart and farily on orange? The map itself isn't even balanced, and you're approaching it like it's some 24/7 stock server with a competitive fanbase.

We try our hardest to make it work, but you can't blame us if some of our clan members prefer playing with each other. The people on the server are oftentimes idiots, and/or they don't respond to your typing or your speech. We just want to have fun, and to be honest, you're the only person I've ever heard these complaints from before.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 26/5/2010, 19:09

I'm observant.

If you don't want me to talk about stacking then don't go to the thread with stacking as the issue at hand.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 27/5/2010, 10:00

Well, i have no problems with people who make observations and bring constructive feedback. But this thread was not about teamstacking by PULP members, you addressed that and to be honest i have the most hours on the server so i can confirm that PULP stacking is not something that happens on a regular basis. Maybe a couple of members join a specific team because other members are playing in that team but i would not call that stacking.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 27/5/2010, 16:37

Yeah there's absolutely no bias involved here too, right?

I'll take that as an invitation to point out when it happens, then.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next