Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inaction of admins

+14
vladmirbsl69
jameless
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Eraserhead
Nick
Epps
Young Greezy
Google
gibbo
Nicobbq
Furgus
Dr 69er
Jonesie|UKCS|
The Mad Hatter
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Inaction of admins - Page 2 Empty Re: Inaction of admins

Post by Nick 2/6/2010, 11:39

Class limits are a must on orange servers or it will be over run by snipers and useless classes, sometimes this messes up the server, but for the most it is a very good plugin to have. About the Admins, the best admin is the one you don't know about, the one who never has to use their powers because people respect them enough to listen to them and shut up when they say shut up. Just because an admin is banning people every day doesn't mean their powers are not being used properly. Most of the time you do not need to use powers to fix problems, but just talk to people and hopefully resolve them.

Inaction of admins - Page 2 Forrest_Gump_2

And thats all i gots to say about that
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 2/6/2010, 14:33

I agree that initiating a votekick because someone is locking a specific class but sucks is OK. Only problem i see is that a vote is for the whole server while in fact the only people that should vote are the ones in the team that is regarding that player.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/6/2010, 16:29

That's always been a question brought up, and it's good to hear some finalization on it. People do like locking classes--we all just need to realize there's a difference between locking slots & not wanting to give up a slot they just got, including me.

The emphasis I wanted to make but really didn't dig in too deeply about is while a mute, kick or ban is a flick of the wrist and a few keystrokes for administrators, voting is a longer and sometimes unsuccessful alternative. I've heard of a few times of groups of people joining the server to wreak havoc--that can really cripple a vote. It'd be great to see admins being a little more proactive in some cases rather than passively waiting for a vote to go through.

This should be doubly important because people can be votemuted, votekicked, votewhatever'ed without any warning or explanation of the rules. People would probably listen up if an admin slapped them around a little rather than a vote occurring that can't be taken back. Not everyone's a dickhead and it always sucks to see someone say they're sorry and get booted and never come back.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 2/6/2010, 20:36

hey mad hatter why do you always complain. i talked to someone else one of my friends and you vote muted me before. also your always complaining IF YOU CANT SNIPE GET OFF! ya know there are servers for playing seriously but pulp regular server isnt. why do you think we host the serious matches on the vip server. also the admins do a good job like greezy said before they cant go around kicking and banning pepole because one uptight asswipe dissaproves. either stop complaining or gtfo.

edit:didnt see the second page. ya maybe i went a little off on you mad hatter for no reason. been a bad week. sorry. also i think that the auto kicker is a good thing but just dont set it to low.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2/6/2010, 20:41

You're a champion of form and grace, Vlad.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/6/2010, 10:25

I have asked Jameless to look into a vote that is team specific. Like votekick someone where only players in team blue can vote.

As for the admins, i think you have achieved in bringing this to our attention Mad Hatter. But i'm not sure still on how to handle these situations. I also think this is the reason the admins will not kick players that easily unless they are micspamming, hacking or spawncamping.

For instance, you or someone else might scream for the player who is in the sniper spot to give up that spot but how does the admin know that it's valid to kick that player because he is playing bad? Most of the time i'm busy playing myself and i'm not keeping track of the performance of our demoman, sniper or scouts. If a medic sucks it will be obvious, but then again, be glad to have a medic hehe.

So i think the teamspecific votekick will be the best option, lets see how it turns out.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 3/6/2010, 10:48

Same here, Eraser. I'm too busy playing, but, I always notice the little things in the server. But whe some idiot comes on the server and starts hacking or mic spamming or spawn camping, I give them ONE warning, then if they dont comply within the next 5 minutes I either kick them or ban them.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 3/6/2010, 16:18

I'm not looking for a plan of action or anything. If this ends in a little more awareness and activism it's all gravy.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 3/6/2010, 16:19

If someone was lagging like crazy, to the point where it seems like they're teleporting, I ask them to fix it, if they don't I kick them. I can't stand those kind of laggers.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 3/6/2010, 16:37

Taboo wrote:If someone was lagging like crazy, to the point where it seems like they're teleporting, I ask them to fix it, if they don't I kick them. I can't stand those kind of laggers.

Neither can I, but I complain way too much over people with an incredible advantage it seems Razz

I'm a little cynical on the subject, I've known enough people to purposefully lag themselves out on games where it can be advantageous.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/6/2010, 17:05

Wow, people really do that? That's BS. I think someone can also have bad lag because of his comp is just in 100% util mode. Or not?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 3/6/2010, 18:11

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Taboo wrote:If someone was lagging like crazy, to the point where it seems like they're teleporting, I ask them to fix it, if they don't I kick them. I can't stand those kind of laggers.

Neither can I, but I complain way too much over people with an incredible advantage it seems Razz

I'm a little cynical on the subject, I've known enough people to purposefully lag themselves out on games where it can be advantageous.

Hehe, I'm so much like you.. lol Whether it be crits, lag, higher ground (for soldiers) or anything else that gives them the "advantage", i usually complain, but I keep it to myself and not let anyone know. I only once complained and that was about the ridiculous amount crits that have killed me. I PM'd Eraser and vented it to him. Smile
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 3/6/2010, 19:52

You should play moar taboo (: I DON;T SEE U ON ANY MORE.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 4/6/2010, 00:02

The Mad Hatter wrote:I'm a little cynical on the subject, I've known enough people to purposefully lag themselves out on games where it can be advantageous.
I remember once a Scout used Bonk! Atomic Punch and ran out onto the roof, then lagged out. He hung in midair for a few minutes while my level 3 sentry fired so many boolets and rawkets that I was worried about running out of metal in my dispenser.

It didn't help that a DH Soldier was trying to exploit it by edging my sentry (luckily I had enough meatshields teammates gawking at the invulnerable Scout that I could sneak around gun him down).
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 4/6/2010, 06:57

Btw crits and weaponspread are turned off by default now on the VIP server.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 4/6/2010, 13:21

I may seem like a noob but what is WeaponSpread?
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 4/6/2010, 13:51

Using a fixed weapon spread makes it so your bullets are not randomly shot all over and in more of a cone. Essentially it makes it so you have to aim better and cant just point and spray.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 5/6/2010, 16:42

Do you know what the size of this ''cone'' might be?

/Offtopic
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 5/6/2010, 16:45

it's the same size as the normal cone, but the bullets are spread evenly throughout it. it looks like a grid when it hits rather than a random assortment of points.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/6/2010, 16:54

Cake wrote:Do you know what the size of this ''cone'' might be?

/Offtopic

Shoot a wall on orange with your scattergun and look at the impact of the holes. Now do the same on VIP and see the difference.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 5/6/2010, 16:56

Well this topic went totally off topic. facepalm
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 5/6/2010, 16:58

i think Will Shatner was by far the better star-trek captain.

Laughing
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2