Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Obvious Spy is Obvious Guide

2 posters

Go down

The Obvious Spy is Obvious Guide Empty The Obvious Spy is Obvious Guide

Post by Nick 11/6/2010, 11:39

When most people join the server and play spy, they don't talk at all because of the sound bubble above their head. This guide will teach you how to talk more than you want to and dominate the other team even more than you used to with your old spy techniques

General Strategy

If you want to be an obvious spy you must do things to make you seem like a spy to the other team. This can be but not is limited to..

Talking
Disguising as the same thing over and over again
Not Disguising
Telling someone you are coming after them
Using the built in commands

The goal of this class is now to preoccupy the other team to look for you, while your team mates destroy them of-course you will still get kills, but if you can keep more than 1 person distracting you are reducing their numbers and making the odds of winning in favor of your team.

Dead ringer

The Dead ringer is the best choice for the obvious spy. You make the enemy believe they killed you while shortly after rubbing it in their face making them want to kill you even more. If you do this right you can have 3-5 people chasing you around the tower trying to get you while you weave in and out of windows.

Cloak and Dagger

The Cloak and Dagger is not the recommended weapon of choice, but their still is a way to be an obvious spy while you are using it. Sneak over near the enemy base and talk and make yourself seem obvious. Then after 3-the entire team notices you go find the best hiding spot and sit there. You will distract a lot of people though not getting many kills and your team will advance while you are doing so. If they start leaving use the voice commands to make them mad, and they will try to chase you down because their already is a teleporter here.

Gun Choice

Here is the major choice you have to make. If you are gonna snipe more i would go with the Ambassador. If you want to run around and sneaking behind enemy lines and shooting them, then go with the normal gun. Personally I would go with the ambassador, find a high place(cough on top of the orange tower) and aim for the heads.

Buildings

An obvious spy never gives up, if an engie keeps removing your sappers, then keep putting them on, if he chases you dodge then put another sapper on, and be obvious while you are doing it so he knows who the spy is, he will soon chase you and leave his stuff to be destroyed

Well you now Know how to be an obvious spy, if their isn't a guide on spy jumping of the tower I will write one for the forums soon enough. I hope you guys learned something from today's lesson and remember...An obvious spy isn't obvious unless he is obvious.

Last edited by Chuck on 11/6/2010, 12:31; edited 1 time in total
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

The Obvious Spy is Obvious Guide Empty Re: The Obvious Spy is Obvious Guide

Post by Epps 11/6/2010, 11:57

Being an obvious spy is fun and indeed keeps the enemy team busy making it easier for your team to capture points/intel/push cart. What I like to do as well is cloaking with the C&D and do voice commands, that way snipers and engineers will get paranoid, order a spycheck team to look for you while you are allready at another point of the map. For some more fun/thrills you can also spray around while cloaked. keeping them even more busy.

Anyway, the point of being an obvious is to keep the players paranoid and make them believe you are going one way while actually going somewhere else. Cloaking is your friend, ow how I wish the sniper had a spywatch...

My weapon of choice is the Ambassador because after a little bit of training you will get tons of headshots, each worth over 100HP of damage! Sure you will get killed alot during the training period but it is worth it. I mean scouts are a pain in the ass when you are a spy, one headshot and bodyshot lster they are dead (if they have full health which is rare).
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 11/6/2010, 12:28

Oh i forgot to add the voice commands...adding right now

oh yah and over 90% of the time my k/d is over 1.25, very rewarding once your good
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down