Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Sport (Excluding Football/Soccer)

+14
Jonesie|UKCS|
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LieuTennet
Google
miht
Epps
Hoboapple
gibbo
FUBAR
Lord Zurkov
UberLord
The Mad Hatter
jameless
Young Greezy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favourite Sport (Excluding Football/Soccer) Empty Favourite Sport (Excluding Football/Soccer)

Post by Young Greezy 16/7/2010, 20:02

This is a tough one for me. Basketball to play, baseball to watch.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Favourite Sport (Excluding Football/Soccer) Empty Re: Favourite Sport (Excluding Football/Soccer)

Post by jameless 16/7/2010, 20:03

Chess
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Favourite Sport (Excluding Football/Soccer) Empty Re: Favourite Sport (Excluding Football/Soccer)

Post by The Mad Hatter 16/7/2010, 20:13

Your mother.

Seriously. It takes skill to handle her.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 16/7/2010, 20:19

Football, american.
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 16/7/2010, 20:21

jameless wrote:Chess
That's about as much of a sport as Team Fortress 2.

Also, I usually hate watching chess. Most of the time it either makes me feel stupid, or (much more often) it makes me feel like everyone else is stupid.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 16/7/2010, 20:44

summersports :F1 , Cycling racing ( Le Tour and springclassics )
wintersports :Longtrack speedskating
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo 16/7/2010, 20:48

Darts and Snooker
gibbo
gibbo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 16/7/2010, 21:01

extreme underwater basket weaving
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 16/7/2010, 21:25

To play: football (rough Dutch version). I used to play it twice a week for 2 hours with people from school. I started off as a keeper but switched to left back when I injured my left arm while diving. I was decent enough especially because my stamina is weird; I can do high performance things for about a minute straight followed by a short recovery period. Very usefull while defending on the other side of the field.
To play as a video game: Tennis, football (again the rough Dutch version) and mindless racing in Burn-out Razz
To watch: Football, tennis, cycling while reading a book on the side.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 16/7/2010, 22:19

Honesly. Soccer,basketball, and volleyball. Maybe a bit of baseball here and there
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 16/7/2010, 22:20

Play: Football , baseball
Watch: Baseball if bored
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 16/7/2010, 22:30

Starcraft

esports FTW
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 16/7/2010, 23:11

hale yeah, LieuT.

I picked up pro Starcraft for a while, I still watch the tournament matches every now and then.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 17/7/2010, 00:02

shooting
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/7/2010, 03:50

Oh come! If you really want balls, then do Boxing.

Fighting in the ring; The rings are usually 12 foot. But the ropes use like 6 inches of it. So they are 11 foot 4 inches.

How to fight in the ring

Use a much space as you can to get away from your opponent. Use the 'Jab' to stay at a safe distance or to start off your combonations. When you use your 'Jab', you feel a lot safer than you do when you just throw a 'Hook' or a 'Uppercut'.

Using Hook's inside and outside of your opponent;

It really depends if your a small fighter, or a tall fighter. If your a tall fighter then you always punch to your opponents head. You always punch for the opponents eyes. They eyes are one of the key things in Boxing. If you damage they eyes really badly during the fight ie, getting it swollen around the eye or where you got the opponent swollen around that specific eye, you make less effort to make the cut really bad. If you cut them on the eyebrow, then the pouring blood will just poor in their eye. The Cutman, in your favour, will be putting the right amount of pressure on the cut, while your manager will be reassuring you that everything will turn out fine in the next round. If the Cutman puts too much pressure on the eye then it will make the gash even worse, most likely the cut will start to expand and the Doctor, in your favour, will stop the fight!

Getting back to the point, I've already told you what to do as a Tall Fighter but what if your a small fighter what then do you do? Well, its quite simple really, if you have quite stocky legs with a tall muscular body, a bit like a Welterweight (150LBS - 60 - 69KG) which is my weight, you have to go for the body. If you keep going to the body, and your a small fighter, I can gurantee you that it will atleast take you 3 to 4 rounds to drop your oppenent. If you keep mixing up the combonations to the head and body, if your a small fighter that is, then your opponent wont know what to do. Obviously his manager will tell him to utilize his Jab more in the forthcoming rounds to keep you away from him. If your the small fighter, and your on the brink of knocking your opponent down to the canvas, then make sure he wings on the left or right arm, by winging I mean not protecting his body, then you really need to use all of your power left in you to drop the opponent. If you twist into your hook, to the body under the arm, your opponent will drop like a fly.

Using Uppercuts to your oppenent;

Again, this really does depend on which type of fighter you are, Outside Fighter ( Tall) or whether your a Inside Fighter (Small). I would say that the Uppercuts to the body arn't that effective if your a Outside Fighter because Outside Fighter always go for the head, if your going to use the Uppercut to knock your oppenent out via going to the head. If your a Inside Fighter, then you will need to be extremely careful. If you opponent has studied your fights, for e.g. I watch all my opponents fights before I fight them so that I can find their weaknesses. Every fighter has a weakness. Getting back to the point, if you do study your opponents fights like what his footwork like, whether he's flat-footed or he bounces on his feet trying to miss your punches, if he uses Speed or if he uses Power, if he uses them both together. If he does use Speed and Power together hthen, all you need to do it just to block a incoming punch very quickly then use a very hard and very fast counter combonation of your own. In that combonation, use as many hooks and uppercuts as you can but go for the head.

Dropping the opponent 3 times in a round;

If you are fighting a good fighter and he isn't having good fights then all you need to think about is dropping him once in the first round. If you do manage to drop him the referee will do a 10 count, I'm sure many of you know this. The fighter will always get up on the first knockdown in the fight, depending on how badly you've battered the crap out of him. If you manage to continue doing the same thing, and you manage to knockhim down for the second time, as he gets up again the referee wil say to him 'Look, if you go down in this round again, I shall stop the fight. If you don't managhe to protect yourself, I will stop this fight!' If you knockhim down the for 3rd time in that same round, the referee will simply wave hs hands in the air and say 'Stop the fight!' The referee and Judges won't bother to go on the Score Card, they will go on the knockdowns. The ring announcing will say 'Due to 3 knockdowns during this round, the referee has decided to give a TKO (Technical Knock Out) to the Red Corner!'

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidelag 17/7/2010, 07:49

Floorball for sure. A big sport here in Sweden. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floorball
I played Table Tennis for like 8 years (was pro) but quitted since it was so boring to pratice. As for competing in it, it was a really fun sport.
I played football too for 10 year (I refuse to use the tainted word soccer).
Was pretty much the worst kind of sports geek 'til a couple of years ago.
Tidelag
Tidelag
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 17/7/2010, 10:58

Play: Football and Basketball
Watch: UFC and Football
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/7/2010, 11:29

OMFG Chuck! You like UFC! OMFG! Finally somebody here who watch's a real man's sport! I love UFC. I've got obth game; UFC Undisputed 2009 & UFC 2010 on XBOX 360.

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 17/7/2010, 11:43

Jonesie wrote:OMFG Chuck! You like UFC! OMFG! Finally somebody here who watch's a real man's sport! I love UFC. I've got obth game; UFC Undisputed 2009 & UFC 2010 on XBOX 360.

UFC is not a real man's sport. It's only big because it has hit the retard market perfectly. It's entertaining once in a while for everyone, yeah, but let's face it; it's a stupid, stupid sport. It's guys who have no education on too many aftermarket drugs pounding the shit out of each other for 30 minutes in the spotlight every 4 or 5 months.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 17/7/2010, 11:43

always really funny to see those UFC fighters crying in the K1-ring
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/7/2010, 11:45

Oh, come on now Greezy. There are some stupid moments in there but, when they get each other on the floor and and they start punding the crap out of each other, thats awesome!

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 18/7/2010, 17:58

Oh yea, Two idiots with no brains smacking the c rap out of each other on the ground. What a real sport.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidelag 18/7/2010, 18:17

Jonesie wrote:When they get each other on the floor and and they start punding the crap out of each other, thats awesome!

In what way is that awesome?
Tidelag
Tidelag
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 18/7/2010, 18:46

Jonesie wrote:when they get each other on the floor and and they start punding the crap out of each other, thats awesome!

Put your mind in the gutter...this becomes so gay.
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 18/7/2010, 19:11

Seriously UFC gets dumb. There are a couple of idiots at my school who have successfully started their own UFC ring in their parents' backyard. They make money of this. All the people who participate are incredibly stupid. The people who host it are incredibly stupid. People who pay to get in are stupid.

It's just so fucking stupid.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next