Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dilemma

5 posters

Go down

My dilemma Empty My dilemma

Post by Panda 12/1/2010, 21:30

Okay I have proof that we have a troll in the serve as well as mudkip Which of my recollection was PERA-banned from the server to later return to the server with a clan member which is trolling as engie in the spawn. I tried to vote ban and it was denied. Then I was insulted by the upcoming member of the clan Seg and then Nico started to say that I was just trying to harass people and then told me to stfu cause I'm just getting angry. So here is my PROOF Nico that we did have a god damn troll in the fucking server at which you refused to believe was there.
My dilemma Troll111
My dilemma Troll210
My dilemma Troll310
My dilemma Troll410

Enough proof now Nico?
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

My dilemma Empty Re: My dilemma

Post by jameless 12/1/2010, 21:52

Panda when you tried the voteban and it said denied. Did it say how many people voted no? I may need to tweak the voting config file to make the voting a bit more fair.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 12/1/2010, 21:57

Ok first of all, I will have to answer right now. After you left the game, Everybody was insulted by the way you were getting angry at EVERYONE on the server and trying to voteban EVERYONE. I'm not inventing this, everybody was like "what's going on with him today?" You made us look like a non-friendly clan that bans everyone for nothing.

For your screenshots, I was well aware that this engie was in spawn building stuff...Is that illegal? Is he cheating? Is he micspamming? is he being a douche? No...it's not helpful I agree but there is nothing worth of banning for that. That's why i told you that I wouldnt ban him.

Also in your statement, you said i asked you to shut the fuck up... im sorry but i didn't use any of these words. I told you to stop wanting to ban everyone for nothing because you made us look like a bad power-abuse admin clan.

As for mudkipz, I didn't ban him. Why you are going to ask me? He was cheating you said? Yes, he may have cheated in a past session and was banned. But for some reason, he was on the server so I guess his ban expired. He PMed me telling me he was sorry for being a d-bag and that he wouldn't do it again. Do you believe in second chance? I do. So I gave him the chance to prove he was not a cheater anymore. He didn't cheat, If he does in the future, just ban him, however, from what I've seen today, he didn't do anything wrong. Plus, when he cheated in one of the past session, I wasn't even there so I can't talk about it.

I don't know if you had a bad day IRL today, but please try not to ruin the experience on the server for everyone.

I think i've said my point of view of the story. If you have anything to add, you may do so.

Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda 12/1/2010, 22:06

I can distinctive recall that you did tell me to stfu because I told Mudkip to stfu. Then you started to bash me because I was trying to ban someone when they shouldn't be in a server due to a PERMABAN. I'm sorry that you feel that I over reacted but I believe that he should have been banned and yes I do believe sitting in the fucking spawn and doing nothing should be punished for. Building in the damn spawn it's a game where you capture points and kill the opponent. Not sit there in the spawn and waste a slot on the team so that the teams were unbalanced. Let alone that I really don't care if people think I'm an asshole for that but I believe that the game is meant to be played for killing. Along with your friend Sergbbq insulted me saying that "Cheating is a huge offence IRL and should be punished by prison." I don't know if that was the direct quote but it was definitely along those damn lines and I did take a huge fucking offense to that and that really did effect the way I look at that upcoming member. I believe that I shouldn't have to explain myself for this but you didn't even believe me when I said he was fucking sitting in the damn spawn. So I guess I had to show you this shit. It makes no sense why you think at which I have over reacted today and that I have given the clan a god power happy banning clan.

Please put your input in.
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 12/1/2010, 22:09

Just go on and play the game, who cares if that engie is just sitting there doing nothing. If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose. Makes no difference either way. The way I see it, is that you are being just as useless as the engie because you did nothing but try to voteban/kick him while sitting in spawn, just like that engie. Atleast the engie has his dispenser close to the outside where you can jump and heal yourself with, lol.

My point, who cares, just play for the hell of it. Very Happy
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SeargX 12/1/2010, 22:24

Woo... loads of anger in the air.

I'll explain myself:

I did say something like "Cheating online is a crime to me, cheating at all, IRL too, is a crime."
How is that an insult? This is my point of view. In an online game, there is nothing worse to destroy a game than someone that uses illegal means to win over his adversary. In my opinion, it ruins the game for everyone, and the cheating player won't ever become better himself that way. That's why I'm not tolerant against online cheaters.

as for IRL, personally, I don't like when people copy what I do illegally, use means they're not supposed to to gian advantage on others, which I think is the definition of cheating.

Still insulted? Then I am sorry I did say wha I did. I definitly didn't want to insult anyone by saying that.
Didn't get much sleep last night cause of unfortunate events, so I might have sounded more serious than what I intented to.

SeargX

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/1/2010, 22:26

Most of the time i ignore spawn building idiots but i can agree with panda that it should not be tolerated for too long. As you enter the server you can also read that one of the basic rules of PULP is to be a teamplayer. TF2 is not a deathmatch game or as said before Solo Fortress. So i would kick him and if he does it again ban him for 30 minutes.

Did you try to ban everyone Panda? I assume that's exaggerated.

About the bans i just discovered that there is a problem with our basebans, after rebooting the banned_user.cfg file is empty..... I will update Sourcemod in about 4-5 days, hopefully it will be fixed then. If not i will install a complete different banning system so this problem will be resolved.

Nico please investigate next time a player complains about something, go in spectate mode.

Also Jameless is working on the voting system so it will be more userfriendly.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda 12/1/2010, 22:38

This has been resolved over PM no longer discussed. Forget this has ever happened.
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum