Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mario Kart?

5 posters

Go down

Mario Kart? Empty Mario Kart?

Post by Dumpybear 13/1/2010, 03:13

I was wondering.. If we could get a Mario Kart server up or at least every once in a while have the Orange map change to Mario Kart for an hour or so? That would be so cool! cheers
Dumpybear
Dumpybear
Forgotten
Forgotten

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart? Empty Re: Mario Kart?

Post by Epps 13/1/2010, 09:26

Hosting a second server costs more money which doesn't grow on trees and our current server is 24/7 orange x3.
Although I won't mind changing the map every now and then when there aren't that many people on. Would be nice to not play on orange_x3 everytime (a)

Note: add an angel emoticon because we don't have one right now.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/1/2010, 09:43

Oh god, I love mario kart. If/when we change the map, can we put on all crits as well? cause that seems to fit with the map...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/1/2010, 09:49

Is Mario Kart even uploaded to the server because I don't recall it being in the list...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 13/1/2010, 12:26

It seems people are liking the idea of a map change every once and a while. I think maybe we should do every wed's. People are not usually on in the middle of the week, and its a little break. Motd will need to change to Orange_x3 24/6 Razz
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/1/2010, 12:33

Guess it would be better yeah. Curious what the big guys thinks (talking about you Eraser and FUBAR)...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 13/1/2010, 22:01

24/6 is an idea but really the secret of our success is 24/7 orange. Because of that constant factor people keep coming back. I think if you look at the overall community the best filled servers are those with stockmaps and those with 24x7 concepts like us. But i like custom maps a lot and also had great fun on mario kart.

I think what we need to do is first:

-Get orange filled every hour of the day, i cannot be empty anymore! I know this is possible because i've seen it with IKtR
-Then get enough regular donators so the financials of the server are covered
-Then make sure all global systems are in place for banning, admin management and ranking (already there)
-Then setup a second server that is special for custom maps, of which mario kart will be one

These steps can go pretty fast if we all keep working together recruiting nice people. Me and Jameless are already working on step 3. Setting up another server is a piece of cake after that. We only need some money and more members. IKtR also had a stock map server but it was empty most of the time so it really takes dedication.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum