Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scrimteam pug

+7
Nick
miht
LieuTennet
Young Greezy
ninji
tehmass
Eraserhead
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scrimteam pug - Page 2 Empty Re: Scrimteam pug

Post by miht 1/9/2010, 10:18

Eraserhead wrote:So what happend on your team Greezy, i heard you ragequit?

New players i have never scrimmed with before on my team were White Flour and Hyce. My observation was that White Flour got some pretty good kills, improvement maybe would be to be less suicidal and not wander off alone, try to stay with the group. But i guess that's just getting used to competitive play. As for Hyce i noticed he had trouble communicating and sensing when to retreat or push. I could not judge his soldier killing skills, maybe the other team can comment on that? Maybe my speech before the game started made Hyce inable to act instinctively, idk. All i know is that the pocketing could have been better, i remember a moment clearly yelling get back here and he didn't. Defend medic is nr1 prio for pocket.

I think Miht did pretty good but maybe Rusty can comment on that.
Tehmass did a good job and rusty as well.

Here are the results: http://www.jameless.net/tf/results/list.php

edit: one thing i just noticed when looking at the results is that Hyce got more kills then tehmass, interesting. Could be becaus i popped uber a few times. Btw i dropped uber once, on Yukon. I clicked and died, shit happens.

Another interesting fact is that Chuck is leader of the red team when it comes to point and i am not leading in the blue team. Maybe this is because i a more a medic that stays in the back instead of running to the frontline so i get less assist kills. I can see chuck got killed 42 times and i got killed 29 times. I'm guessing Chuck should play more careful, hang back more and run away when the situation gets too hot, preserve that uber.

Most caps on blue: tehmass
Most kills on blue: rusty

Most caps on red: greezy & chuck (=frontline medic indeed)
Most kills on red: greezy
O: i had more kills than rusty on both games muahahahaaha
Man that was funny . i lold so hard when i saw your opening sentence.
And yeah ninji you are ONE of my best friends =3
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/9/2010, 10:39

Google wrote:
Eraserhead wrote:My observation was that White Flour got some pretty good kills, improvement maybe would be to be less suicidal and not wander off alone, try to stay with the group. But i guess that's just getting used to competitive play.
Well when you weren't there scrimming some day this week or last week, we vs'd some mid people and their demo was watching the flanks with the scouts or alone. I've tried to do it yesterday Very Happy.

Can you give an example during which phase of the match on which part of the map you did this and how did it work out? I can imagine it's hard to communicate with scouts since you don't use mic.

My bad Miht, but actually it's your fault for not changing your name back. I thought hyuk was Rusty. edited my post.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 1/9/2010, 10:48

Eraserhead wrote:
Google wrote:
Eraserhead wrote:My observation was that White Flour got some pretty good kills, improvement maybe would be to be less suicidal and not wander off alone, try to stay with the group. But i guess that's just getting used to competitive play.
Well when you weren't there scrimming some day this week or last week, we vs'd some mid people and their demo was watching the flanks with the scouts or alone. I've tried to do it yesterday Very Happy.

Can you give an example during which phase of the match on which part of the map you did this and how did it work out? I can imagine it's hard to communicate with scouts since you don't use mic.

My bad Miht, but actually it's your fault for not changing your name back. I thought hyuk was Rusty. edited my post.
Lol yeah it was myfault but it was hella funny name rusty told me to change too
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/9/2010, 11:13

Anyway gg Miht! What did you think of the other team and our team? pro's/con's?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 1/9/2010, 11:22

Like watching right door on mid w/ scouts or alone while the solys and medic were left and garage.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 1/9/2010, 12:05

Eraserhead wrote:Anyway gg Miht! What did you think of the other team and our team? pro's/con's?
yeah gg eraserhead =3 . our team pros we defended pretty well and offended when we needed too. cons we didn;t watch flank enough and some of our players got killed becuase they weren;t listening. Also both teams did have some over extended players. . for the other team i can;t say much =(
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 1/9/2010, 12:49

I did not rage quit.

If you did not notice, my ping was routinely spiking to 700. I couldn't play with it anymore, especially during yukon. It was just terrible.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/9/2010, 13:23

oh yes now i remember they said you were lagging. wifi?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 1/9/2010, 14:02

Eraser, the reason I didn't fall back when you told me to was because other people were talking and your mic was the quietest. I'm sorry about that, rookie mistake, I spose. Sorry I had to leave, but it was fun until then. I would like some feedback on my work as soldier so I can improve.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 1/9/2010, 16:23

Yeah probably eraser but my connection has been silky smooth for like 3 months straight so I don't understand why it started acting up just yesterday. It seems to gradually be getting better, I only got a few lag spikes today.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 1/9/2010, 16:33

Eraser I had to frontline cuz scouts kept sneaking up behind me and no one did anything about it.
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 1/9/2010, 17:21

Chuck wrote:Eraser I had to frontline cuz scouts kept sneaking up behind me and no one did anything about it.
I saved you so many times...only to have you eat a rocket right after... Which means if I had to save you the sollys weren't doing a good enough job of protecting you or you weren't doing a good enough job using them as a meatshield.
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/9/2010, 19:47

Well this is either a compliment for rusty and miht or a point of improvement for the pocket soldier (greezy or torchic?) or both Very Happy
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 1/9/2010, 19:50

On granary White Flour's surprise attacks were risky, if he manages to get a good trade or better it was worth it. Ninji you overextened a lot in the initial mid fight and you'd end up running into garage and just dieing giving us a disadvantage.

In mumble one person should be making the calls for pushes and what not.
Rusty and Miht had good teamwork.

Sollys need to protect the medic and communicate more scouts can't always be watching the med we might be off somewhere dealing with other things which means med check your flank often.

EDIT: as google stated demos can watch flank with the scouts but, they would probably be better off with the combo.
If the med is lit enough for a rocket to kill him the roamer should jump and pick the med if possible. Soldiers and med need to learn to work together by communicating whos jumping whos with the med. It is okay for the med to pocket the roamer during a fight it just needs to be coordinated properly.

Last edited by LieuTennet on 2/9/2010, 17:08; edited 1 time in total
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 1/9/2010, 20:16

LieuTennet wrote:Ninji you overextened a lot in the initial mid fight and you'd end up running into garage and just dieing giving us a disadvantage.
This is the only thing you said that bugged me, in the first push on mid, EVERY FUCKER needs to over extend their life out. We are all in the mix, and we need to be as aggressive as we can; not to mention, if both scouts enter garage, and most of the opposing team went right side, like they do every round, then we would have cleared it out, and flanked the rest of the team. Cap capped.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 1/9/2010, 20:57

Not necessarily, if you successfully clear garage, scouts will call you're coming behind and then the demo or sollys will be watching for you and you'll just die unless you manage to dodge sticky traps or rockets sent at you which is most likely not going to happen. Since you're attempt to flank from yard you enter a small close hallway which is perfect for dieing by splash damage. If you over extend every time and just die it's like playing a 6v5 which obviously means your team is at a disadvantage.
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum