Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I’m a freaking blur! (Scout)

5 posters

Go down

I’m a freaking blur! (Scout) Empty I’m a freaking blur! (Scout)

Post by Epps 10/12/2009, 15:29

Aw the scout.. fast, low HP and a gun that’s more random then the amount of spam in your inbox and yet, they manage to rape everyone over and over again. And even though I play a lot of scout, I actually dislike this class the most.

I myself play with the default equipment. I dislike the FaN, it’s random, only has 2 ammo and has a major knockback which is only usefull for FaN jumping. As for the issue Pistol vs Bonk Atomic Punch, I prefer the pistol. I’ve never found a real use for the atomic punch except for running back to spawn for some health. In other words, I think it’s junk.
Lastly, there’s Bat vs Sandman. Since the scout is already low on health on default, I think losing another 30hp just so you can trow a ball is a stupid decision. So no, I don’t use the sandman that often.

So what do I do? I keep running and try to prevent myself from running in a straight line like a lot of people do. I don’t even try to kill heavy classes (soldier, heavy, pyro when low HP) for I don’t stand a chance against them (this also counts for sentry guns). As a scout, you’ll be bound to die a lot due to your low HP and well, you just need to be able to life with that.
Anyway, the best way to play (in my opinion) scout is by working together with other scouts. Alone you’re gonna die soon, together, you can scout rape about every class there is! So keep in mind that sometimes in a game like Team Fortress, you need to play like a team.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

I’m a freaking blur! (Scout) Empty Re: I’m a freaking blur! (Scout)

Post by Eraserhead 13/12/2009, 10:03

I play scout a lot but i can't say i'm a great scout. There are such good scouts out there i'm amazed. I have heard several tactics about being a good scout. One of them is strafe a lot! But i think this also counts for other classes. Another good thing to do is double jump while changing direction in midair with the second jump. That way snipers have a harder time predicting where you are going. Also if you jump from the top of the tower and you do a second jump before hitting the ground you get less fall damage. But i have noticed there is a limited window of time for doing the second jump, if you wait to long you can't do it anymore (which sucks and you hit the ground hard).

Another common tactic is running back to the medicine cabinet but i only do that when close to base otherwise it takes the fun away for me losing to much time on retreating. I wonder what FUBAR and Taboo have to say about this class since FUBAR allmost doesn't play any other class and Taboo is quite a pain in the ass with it.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 13/12/2009, 14:38

I've recently gotten into the Scout a lot more, and have been messing around with his weapons.
This is some facts and what I think:

Scout Tactics: Use your double-jump to avoid fire. Jump to one side, then the other, then repeat, especially with snipers.

Scattergun vs. FaN 6 shots vs. 2 shots. The FaN is good for tight corners and small hallways, but in an open map like Orange, it's virtually useless. Also, the best time to shoot someone is when they are right in front of you, as all/most of the bullets embed in their flesh. But the first shot knocks them back. Away from you. The scattergun is also pretty damn lethal at close range, and you can pop 6 shots into someone. Seems like an easy choice. Go for the Scattergun.
Tactics: When you see an enemy, don't move your mouse. Strafe left and right, and when they move ito your crosshair, shoot. It's a lot easier that way.

Pistol vs. BONK! Bonk is good for a rush to kill a sentry, to distract it from an uber. It's good for getting back to some health. But other than that, it's virtually useless. I've killed and gotten killed with the pistol, and it's actually pretty strong. So, just stick with that.
Tactics: USE IT. I can't stress this enough. When someone is far away, don't just spam the Scattergun and hope to get a couple bullets in their general direction. Use the pistol.

Bat vs. Sandman Most people say that the Sandman is either overpowered or underpowered. I don't think it's either. Yeah, it takes off 30 health. But if your enemy can't move, then they can't kill you. If you can perfect it, the ball can be extremely deadly. It's really your choice.
Tactics: Both bats do half the damage of a normal melee weapon, but swing twice as fast. When trying to melee someone, just stick onto them until they're dead. If it's a Demo or Soldier, they'll usually shoot a rocket at you and kill themselves, but you'll get points for 'finishing them off'.

Well, hope this helps everyone kill snipers that stand completely still scoped in~
See ya on the server! Very Happy

-Firestar
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 1/2/2010, 14:50

Scout's probably my favorite class. I primarily use the FaN and Sandman (yes I know people say it sucks, but when you stun people and rape em it rocks). I just got Bonk! a few days ago, having worked hard on the achievements and I have to say I'm wicked disappointed. It's not as cool as I imagined. It's good for getting past sentries and not much else.

FaN is great if you aim well. Also on orange you can knock people off the tower, which is hilarious. The jump shot is also useful. The sandman is my favorite weapon, though. I am pissed they got rid of the stun that immoblizes the player, but it's still useful for taking out heavies/pyros/soldiers.

The double jump is completely necessary for fighting those tougher classes (soldier, pyro, heavy). I've taken down many a soldier by dodging around him and shooting the bloody man in the back. Not so much with heavies, who are much harder to kill with their high health levels. Medics on the other hand are prime targets for my FaN.

If you see me on Pulp servers, it'll probably be as a medic.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 1/2/2010, 23:17

I used to enjoy the Sandman a lot before the nerf. My 1337 projectile skillz meant that I could stun people with it the majority of the time regardless of range, even if they tried to dodge.
Since the nerf, though, I'm too rusty with projectiles to justify losing the extra health for a modest advantage.

I can't use the FaN very well (I try and conserve my shots as if I'm still using the Scattergun), and I don't find the extra jump particularly useful. Either of them. [/nostalgia="sandman"]

I used Bonk! Atomic Punch back before the Sandman nerf, but it seems a lot harder to take people down without my baseball o' doom.

So... personally, I'm stuck with the default loadout until I bother to get better with Scout.
But that's just me.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 11/2/2010, 21:38

Yea, not happy about the sandman nerf... but I still use it to take on heavies and soldiers. Bonk! is good for escaping off the tower and getting back to base... but not much else.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down