Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unfortunately This Needs to be done

+4
Socrates187
DrManette
Tendo
Panda
8 posters

Go down

Unfortunately This Needs to be done Empty Unfortunately This Needs to be done

Post by Panda 2/2/2010, 21:13

We are having inner problems in the clan. Most of these problems are being associated with respect. With these situations that I have been hearing about. I wish that this problem will be resolved. If it doesn't a lot of members will be lost (One of them being me). If this happens I will be really sad if I have to do these problems. I really don't want good members to leave or players feel unwelcome in there own server.
It's very important that these problems are addressed if not the lost of members will be great.

Please lets find ways to fix these problems.

Love,
panda Panda panda
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Unfortunately This Needs to be done Empty Re: Unfortunately This Needs to be done

Post by Tendo 2/2/2010, 21:20

Yes, i was about to leave aswell. It seems as though people dont know their places. Its really disgusting that people will make fun of others, and nothing happens to stop it. Mute is always an option, but for fucks sakes, its a clan. A community. A fucking GATHERING of FRIENDS.

Maybe we should have a 17+ rule in effect. Only older memebers allowed. This will have a few exceptions, but it turns out that people hate younger members.

I am no idiot to how dumb people are, but christ, we need a filter
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Unfortunately This Needs to be done Empty Re: Unfortunately This Needs to be done

Post by DrManette 2/2/2010, 21:44

I just got around here and people are MOST civil and friendly. I just hope it stays that way and we can all just have fun. No reason to be jerks.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 2/2/2010, 22:03

Whoa. How the hell did this happen?
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 2/2/2010, 22:17

Socrates187 wrote:Whoa. How the hell did this happen?

Here's two reasons:
1. Biggsly
2. Impalsi
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 2/2/2010, 22:26

Oh boy.
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 2/2/2010, 22:39

Since Tendo and Panda are not completly clear about what problems they are adressing i can only guess what this is all about. Maybe we should do a voice conference instead of a forum topic so you can speak freely? What i have seen is that addressing issues with other people can result in a more then intended insulting/aggravating effect.

What we also have to realise is that PULP is a very fresh clan, we've only started a few months ago. Most of you guys i have just met and i think that counts for most of us. So yes a clan is a bunch of friends but mostly friends in the making. This also means it won't always work out with everyone.

I think we should not forget the positive stuff we have achieved:
-made clear rules about how to join the clan
-defined different levels of admins and their rights
-setup a nice forum and website
-starting with a scrimteam and pugs
-neatly organised plugins on the server
-upcoming map rotation
-a growing community with regulars
-donations
-lots of fun and serious forumtopics

So cheer up everyone! We will pull through!

I agree that respect is very important and i expect all admins to behave accordingly and give the good example to players. If players don't respect admins they should be warned and banned. But personally i don't think you should take all things that seriously. Take trolls for instance. I can always laugh about some trolls to a certain extent. But there will be a moment in time you will have to step in as admin and kick or ban someone. But i don't like clans where the rules are all that strict like No Trolling, No griefing, No micspamming, No this, No that. Maybe we will eventually turn in a clan like that i don't know.

Something else i would like to point out is that admins is short for Administrators. This does not mean you are a bosses. I strongly get the feeling sometimes that a lot of people want to be admin but what they actually mean is that they would like to be a boss. With power comes responsibility and you have to use those powers with wisdom. Don't get offended to easily, its just a game. Boys will be boys. When playing soccer or football similar stuff can happen. Will you leave the team with the first thing that happens?

Maybe we should set an age limit. But first i would like to see some examples of underage troublemakers.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 2/2/2010, 22:50

Firestar wrote:

Here's two reasons:
1. Biggsly
2. Impalsi

Firestar, you disappoint me. I asked you in another topic not to bring this up again and you do it again. Just like with Dark Soul you kept on going. You need to learn when to give something a rest. It almost looks like you are enjoying it when there is a fuss. You are an admin, please get over it and behave accordingly. Play the ball, not the man.

The matter with Biggsly and Impalsi has been dealt with so please don't make more of it then it is.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 2/2/2010, 23:04

Maybe just have an age limit on who gets admin? (Don't get butt hurt because I said that xD)
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 2/2/2010, 23:06

Eraserhead wrote:
Firestar wrote:

Here's two reasons:
1. Biggsly
2. Impalsi

Firestar, you disappoint me. I asked you in another topic not to bring this up again and you do it again. Just like with Dark Soul you kept on going. You need to learn when to give something a rest. It almost looks like you are enjoying it when there is a fuss. You are an admin, please get over it and behave accordingly. Play the ball, not the man.

The matter with Biggsly and Impalsi has been dealt with so please don't make more of it then it is.

I can see how that can be seen as dissapointing, what with them whispering into your ear all the time.

I haven't seen an improvement, this is far from resolved, and I'm really with Tendo and Panda here. I have made movements to resolve this, and explained why I did what I did. I have added both as friends and I hope we can smooth this over, but the way this is turning out, they seem to really be turning the whole clan against me, mainly because no one saw/heard what they did, and only heard their side of the story.

As for bringing this up again, I was just answering Socrates' question.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 2/2/2010, 23:07

THE END
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 2/2/2010, 23:09

Come on, Nico, don't lock this, the discussion isn't over.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 2/2/2010, 23:12

Oh yes it is
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 2/2/2010, 23:24

Firestar wrote:Come on, Nico, don't lock this, the discussion isn't over.

You have to learn Firestar that you don't have to answer all questions. Otherwise a thread like this keeps going because there is always someone that wants to have the last word. As an admin i expect you to be the wisest. Those guys have already accepted in a grouphug so lets forget all this. This whole clan isn't against you but it will bring a negative atmosphere if you keep this going. Topic locked.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum