Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change snipervote?

+3
DrManette
Jonesie|UKCS|
Eraserhead
7 posters

Go down

Should we change the sniper vote so it turns snipers on or off?

Change snipervote? I_vote_lcap33%Change snipervote? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]
Change snipervote? I_vote_lcap47%Change snipervote? I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]
Change snipervote? I_vote_lcap20%Change snipervote? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Change snipervote? Empty Change snipervote?

Post by Eraserhead 17/2/2010, 09:12

I have seen a lot of spamming of the snipervote so i asked JameLess to limit it so it can only be once in 10 minutes. I also find it irritating when i play engie because i have to use the 1,2,3,4,5 keys a lot.

I have seen situations where people started voting but the outcome was dissatisfying because there was no majority. Some people wanted 1 sniper, some 2 and others 0 snipers.

Maybe we should change it to a simple on/off vote? With a max limit of 2 at all times of course.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Change snipervote? Empty Re: Change snipervote?

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 17/2/2010, 09:21

I think that it'd be a lot better if we didn't have a sniper vote at all, like just completely disable it. If you're a good sniper and you love it, you dont want it to be cancelled off. Also could you put up a poll about disabling the "votemelee" command. It's nearly always being spammed in the server. Some people say yes, while the others say no. Its really annoying when you are getting a very good game going then somebody types VOTEMELEE. Then the game starts to get bad, and you get really annoyed about it.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 17/2/2010, 09:51

Perhaps only admins should be allowed to use such commands? Anyway, I say keep the choices open there is a big difference between 1 and 2 snipers. Also, orange is such an open map that snipers can "ruin" the game. It's just a f♥️ck fest for em. Not that I don't love playing sniper on there but it does get incredibly frustrating.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/2/2010, 10:05

We could give the right to bring up this vote to admins only but we made it this way so people can change it even when there aren't any admins around. If you mean that admins should be allowed to turn snipers on/off then i would have to disagree. Too much power and not democratic. It will piss people off who are irritated by snipers and the other way around piss off people who want to play sniper (and also encourages them to play another class . Smile ).
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 17/2/2010, 16:39

If you're a good sniper, just don't get killed when the vote comes up!
If you're bad, then there's no reason for the vote anyway. It's that easy!
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 17/2/2010, 17:28

I wouldn't mind Snipers if they actually played the game the way Valve intended... slow, calculated shots on important targets. As-is, they just shoot as fast as they can at anyone they see and aim for the head. Evil or Very Mad

If there was a plugin to limit the Rifle's ammo to 13 (like the Huntsman) and/or Rifle bodyshots dealt hella less damage, I wouldn't rage so often about Snipers.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/2/2010, 09:17

Well Zurkov, it's not exactly what you wanted but i think i found a great plugin:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=855509

It punishes bodyshotters and you can perform an action (i would suggest slay) and you can play a shound to everyone (i would suggest B-B-B-BODYSHOTTER!).

What do you think?

PS: I know exactly what you mean, yesterday there were three germans on the server and one of them was sniper for at least 1,5 hours i think and he kept bodyshotting me. So irritating.

PS2:I think i'm going to play spy more so i wont mind if snipers are turned on gna gna.

edit: I also found a thread about headshots only plugin but seems to have died: https://forums.alliedmods.net/archive/index.php/t-88120.html
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 18/2/2010, 10:13

That's bullshit! You're seriously considering putting that in? You're destroying snipers! Bodyshots kill, headshots kill faster, but bshots still kill! You're telling me that if a sniper sees someone's leg running behind a building that he should just not do anything? And if you're not a skilled sniper (me) bodyshots are your only weapon against scouts.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/2/2010, 10:36

Pfff, if a scout comes at you it just means your team failed to defend you. You could always use your jarate, kukri or SMG. And btw this plugin lets you set the amount of allowed bodyshots. For instance a maximum of 3, 5 10 or whatever.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 18/2/2010, 16:55

eraser thats just kinda dumb. cevo players might come. and when the yshee this kinda stuff they will be like WTF and leave. a lot of people like snipers and they will rage and leave the server if it is like this. Valve made snipers for a reason. and the votesniper is fine like this. If your favourite class is sniper and oyu can;t even snipe. you would just leave and go to another server. this would result in less people playing in our servers.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 18/2/2010, 19:26

I agree entirely with miht!

Jonesie|UKCS|

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 18/2/2010, 20:58

I dunno about slaying people for bodyshotting. Seems a bit over-the-top...
Reducing the max ammo for the sniper rifle would probably be the best thing to do for trying to force people to actually aim and choose specific targets instead of firing at max speed at people's heads (although I haven't found any plugins for it yet).
miht wrote:Eraser, that's just kinda dumb. Cevo players might come, and when they see this kinda stuff they will be like "WTF" and leave. A lot of people like Snipers, and they will rage and leave the server if it is like this. Valve made Snipers for a reason. Besides, the "votesniper" is fine like this. If your favourite class is Sniper and you can't even snipe, you would just leave and go to another server. This would result in less people playing in our servers.
Valve made Snipers to suppress the opposing team with slow, careful shots focused towards valuable targets to encourage players to take alternate routes. Nothing of the sort happens on Orange_X: Snipers simply unload as much dakka as possible in the general direction of enemy heads without bothering to place careful shots, and there are no alternate routes.

Last edited by Lord Zurkov on 18/2/2010, 21:11; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed the "Jonesie rage" section.)
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 18/2/2010, 21:06

The thing about votesniper is, whether you personally like it or not, it is a vote. It is 100% democratic (something I really enjoy about the votes on our servers) and it reflects the opinion of the majority on the server at said time. Sure, 1 or 2 might rage when they don't get to play sniper any more, but the rest will be satisfied, and they will remember our server for the unique votes we have here. If 6/10 people on the server are getting pissed off at the one guy whose kdr resembles that of an aimbot, then it's only the one sniper having fun. If they vote him to play a different class, then that 60% can start having fun, which is what we're trying to do in the end; provide the most fun posible for the highest amount of players on the server. And so what if that one guy whines and/or never comes back to our server? The kind of person who will only play one class/whines like that isn't a desirable person to play against, and if they don't come back, it's only increasing the overall quality of the players on our server.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 18/2/2010, 23:34

Yea, we really don't need anything other than votesniper. We don't need to punish bodyshots or anything like that either.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 19/2/2010, 12:49

Thanks for all the opinions so far! I agree that the punishement plugin would go to far. I agree with you Miht that we don't want to scare away serious players. But is sniper a class that is played in CEVO leagues?

Looking at the poll so far nothing is going to be changed.

I have also noticed while ingame that a lot of people are just voting for 1 sniper and others for 0. The people who want to snipe always vote 2 (i think). So maybe we should just change the maximum amount of snipers in the game to 1??? And then we can have an on/off vote.

Zurkov, i see what you mean with the reduced ammo idea but wouldn't it be easy for a sniper to just keep grabbing dropped weapons or walk to a dispenser?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 19/2/2010, 12:59

Eraserhead wrote:Zurkov, i see what you mean with the reduced ammo idea but wouldn't it be easy for a sniper to just keep grabbing dropped weapons or walk to a dispenser?
Isn't that the goal? The point is that a Sniper shouldn't be a one-man army.
This would require him to stop shooting for a moment and/or work with teammates.

Anything more would take a LOT of work for us and/or make Sniper a lot less fun to play.

As an added bonus, the Huntsman would be more viable because its low ammo isn't a factor.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down