Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEMOMAN UPDATE!!

3 posters

Go down

DEMOMAN UPDATE!! Empty DEMOMAN UPDATE!!

Post by Eraserhead 15/12/2009, 09:55

So we now know what will be the new melee weapon and what will replace the stickybomb launcher!

Check out The Eyelander & Chargin' Targe

Also read the new comic.

The chargin' Targe seriously takes away the demoman's capability to destroy sentries if you ask me. But lets see what the replacement for the pipeboms will be.......
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

DEMOMAN UPDATE!! Empty Re: DEMOMAN UPDATE!!

Post by Firestar 15/12/2009, 10:06

I just saw this. I think they've seriously lost their minds. First off: A sword? Just because he has a Scottish accent? Plus the bottle actually fits him. Also: A SHIELD?!?! HOW CAN YOU REPLACE AN EIGHT-SHOT REMOTE DETONATED MINE LAUNCHER WITH A SHIELD?! The way this is going, I'm expecting a helmet replacement for the grenade launcher.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 15/12/2009, 10:09

It's not just a shield my friend.

The targe replaces your tried-and-true sticky bomb launcher, but offers some unique capabilities in return, especially when used with the Eyelander. Just equipping the Chargin’ Targe provides automatic +50% fire damage resistance and +65% blast damage resistance. But the Chargin’ Targe’s main perk lies in its name. Alt-firing will hurtle you toward an enemy at a punishingly damaging high speed (far faster than a Scout can manage).

Charging also boosts the lethality of your melee weapon. Land a melee hit during a medium length charge and you'll be guaranteed a mini-crit. Land a hit during a long distance charge, and your victim will receive devastating full crit damage.

PS: See the final page in the comic. It shows some boxes with the weapons and you can't read the one in the back but it has two words that begin with Sco... Res....

Must be Scottish Res????? Who can guess what the last word is?

Last edited by Eraserhead on 15/12/2009, 10:21; edited 1 time in total
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 15/12/2009, 10:12

But its still a melee weapon. And since this is coming from Valve, the charge will probably be something like the Charger's.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/12/2009, 08:15

Well Firestar your prayers seem to have been answered with The Scottish Resistance.

The achievements for demoman seem a lot harder then those for soldier if you ask me.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 17/12/2009, 09:54

YES, MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!! And BTW I thought of it first... Well, I was at least hoping with the sticky unlock you would be able to only detonate specific clusters.

So is there no grenade launcher replacement?
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/12/2009, 10:49

I actually don't understand in which slots the new update weapons will be placed since the i assumed the sword would go in slot 3 and the shield in slot 2 so this must mean the SR launcher will go in slot 1?? And thus it replaces the grenade launcher?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 17/12/2009, 17:48

No, I'm 99% sure the Scottish Resistance will go in slot 2. Reasons:
1. I'm sure the Targe will be like the razorback, so you'll really only have 2 weapons; when you right click, however, you will charge.
2. If right-clicking charges, then how would you detonate the sticky bombs with the SR?
3. Anybody could just unlock the SR, then have 24 stickies at any time. That would be WAAAYY overpowered.
It would be like the Sniper update: replace one weapon (Rifle-Huntsman, Bottle-sword) then make two things for the secondary weapon (Jarate-Razorback, SR-Targe). Leave one weapon alone (Kukri, Grenader). Like I said, the Targe will probably resemble the Razorback.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 17/12/2009, 18:01

soldier update is the best can't wait till i get those items.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 17/12/2009, 19:05

Yeah, they seem to have done an incredible job with the Soldier's weapons... Two of them are better the more hurt you are.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down