Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 7th March pug

+10
Kirfir
Havik
gibbo
hyce777
Young Greezy
Rich1909
Lord Zurkov
Nicobbq
Epps
Eraserhead
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sunday 7th March pug - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunday 7th March pug

Post by Havik 6/3/2010, 11:12

I could be captain if Greezy isn't there.
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 6/3/2010, 13:31

IDK who, maybe Nico because he will be spying and therefore be able to deliver a lot of good tactical info to the clan.

On an off topic, I still need another Scout or a Demoman!
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 6/3/2010, 14:04

yeah i'm in , good time for me also , not to late - perfect
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 6/3/2010, 17:55

Eraserhead wrote:I've put you up as medic Mortelle, i don't think scout with 300 ping will work out.

okay thats cool, umm i dont know the server ip but il get it off somone, only problem is if i lag out whne i pop uber.........
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/3/2010, 18:47

Mortelle-Corteau wrote:
Eraserhead wrote:I've put you up as medic Mortelle, i don't think scout with 300 ping will work out.

okay thats cool, umm i dont know the server ip but il get it off somone, only problem is if i lag out whne i pop uber.........
If only more people would visit the website...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 6/3/2010, 19:29

thanks a heep for that pepper
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 6/3/2010, 22:39

Sorry gents I cannot make it now actually; my rock band has rescheduled practice for the time that the PUG is... I'm really sorry about this, but my band is more important than TF2. We've got a gig coming up and we have to rehearse, and not having a drummer isn't very helpful for the band. Hopefully I can join you guys at a later time.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/3/2010, 23:05

hyce777 wrote:Sorry gents I cannot make it now actually; my rock band has rescheduled practice for the time that the PUG is... I'm really sorry about this, but my band is more important than TF2. We've got a gig coming up and we have to rehearse, and not having a drummer isn't very helpful for the band. Hopefully I can join you guys at a later time.
I understand, the drummer and bassist are the spinal cord of the band. Take them away and the band falls apart. Strange how most drummers and basists get trown back and hardly get any attention at all even though they practicly ARE the band...
That reminds, me need to save money for a new guitar cause I'm tired of bass only xD
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 7/3/2010, 08:40

No problem Hyce, we understand completely. Can't disappoint your groupies now can you Rolling Eyes
No seriously i understand. Good luck with the practice.

We have a 5vs5 formation now. Hopefully we will find two more players.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Sunday 7th March pug - Page 2 Empty steam down

Post by FUBAR 7/3/2010, 15:51

hi puggy's,

before i even starting to pug my comp froze , i had to reset my comp . my videocard temp. was to high . by changing the fanspeed and the ingamesettings that problem was solved . After the reset i was connected to steam for a moment , i chatted with eraserhead about the connectionloss . I did a extra restart with my comp due to a important windowsupdate flashing on my screen. After that i started steam up to go back ingame , only steam wouldn't connect , saying: missing file in steam library, or unable to open resourc/file , etc etc .. i can't open tf2 and all the other games anymore, so i need to fix that , but not tonight , i will do that tomorrow . if anybody has any tips please reply , saving some time.
(maybe i make a topic out of this )

i was up for a good battle , already had dinner , good cup of coffee on the desk - Freeze .......... it sucks

greetz
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 7/3/2010, 16:04

Excellent matches, especially badlands and granary. So much fun.

GREEZIES ARE VICTORIOUS! I smell a rematch tuesday
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 7/3/2010, 17:06

im soooooooo sorry i couldnt make it guys, i really hope you found somone to replace me, and once again IM SO SORRY
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 7/3/2010, 17:30

FUBAR wrote:hi puggy's,

before i even starting to pug my comp froze , i had to reset my comp . my videocard temp. was to high . by changing the fanspeed and the ingamesettings that problem was solved . After the reset i was connected to steam for a moment , i chatted with eraserhead about the connectionloss . I did a extra restart with my comp due to a important windowsupdate flashing on my screen. After that i started steam up to go back ingame , only steam wouldn't connect , saying: missing file in steam library, or unable to open resourc/file , etc etc .. i can't open tf2 and all the other games anymore, so i need to fix that , but not tonight , i will do that tomorrow . if anybody has any tips please reply , saving some time.
(maybe i make a topic out of this )

i was up for a good battle , already had dinner , good cup of coffee on the desk - Freeze .......... it sucks

greetz
Move the steamapps folder somewhere else,
reinstall steam (don't run it yet),
move the steamapps folder back,
run steam,
let it update and enjoy your games without having to downloaad all of them again.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 7/3/2010, 17:57

the steamfolder is damaged , cant move the apps folder wtf
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 7/3/2010, 18:11

It was a cinnamon girl that some people were absent again for the match it delays the whole match each time.

Erasers vs Greezies
Badlands 4-3
Granary 2-4
Turbine 1-3

As you can see Greezies team improved while playing. Well done! Our team had some troubles. Axelgreese left without saying anything and SevenEleven could only communicate via chat and went sniper while he should be scout, even with huntsman....

Because of people leaving and being afk in our team two people went to spectate by misunderstandin in a critical moment in the match so we were outnumbered and lost a round because of that.

Also you really need 6 players, 5 is just less fun although it was very exiting to play the first two maps. Turbine was really irritating for me because we had to let people join who didn't know about pugging. Some kid called HAHAHA joined and he was just ignoring me and did what he wanted.

I made one shot:

Sunday 7th March pug - Page 2 Cp_bad10
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 7/3/2010, 18:35

Was it ever a match. In the first game you guys put up a big fight. In the second match we communicated, and got the job done. In the last one, we just scout rushed and lol'ed our way to victory. Overall, it was a well played pug by all, and was a lot of fun.
Havik
Havik

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 7/3/2010, 19:03

I was wondering for a second why my score is 9 in that screen. But now i remember, my steam was crashing so i had to reconnect.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrimshaw 7/3/2010, 22:00

Sorry I had to bail early guys, duty called and all that (work.)

Badlands and Granary were both awesome matches, and I'm looking forward to more in the near future.
Scrimshaw
Scrimshaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 7/3/2010, 22:15

I guess I should talk about what was good and what was bad with my team. Well first of all there was a great team captain! Very Happy hahaha

Ok seriously...

THE GOOD

- Really good microphone use. Everyone was involved and information was relayed. People listened and worked together. If I said something like "Vlad, sticky this point and guard it, me and Axel are going up for the cap and uber," it would happen. A lot of really strategic backcapping by the whole team as well.

- The medic was protected fairly well by the whole team, managed to stay alive

- The two soldiers (usually me and Nico) were working really well at guarding the medic and roaming, had a lot of success there.

- People were taking initiative and a lot of the strategies I mentioned were executed eventually. Havik in particular comes to mind, he really put a good effort towards flanking the opposition

- Good job keeping a formation and watching out for each other. A lot of deaths were prevented because we moved as a group and owned together

THE BAD

- Pyros pyros pyros! IDK why the hell you guys kept going pyro. Though a couple of you saw short term success, it really wasn't a viable option and I saw the Erasers (hahaha) quickly catching on

- Jumping into impossible situations was something I witnessed several times. A scout or a soldier just bombarding three enemies when they are all overhealed and grouped together. Sure, you might take out one but it would have been better to wait for the opportunity to separate the slowest class or the medic and take them down one by one. Or you could just wait for your team to show up.

- Medics switching off medic. This only happened a couple times, but it devastated us. Medics must only switch when you KNOW someone will replace you immediately. If no one can/everyone else is having success as their current class and we're winning, stay medic.

- Not everyone showing up. Not only did this kill our numbers down to a 5v5, it also ruined the class specifications. Teams work best when no one switches classes. It keeps the strategy that we've had going intact. Plus not having a specified demoman really hurt us. If both teams could have had the standard 6v6 class format going, we probably could have had even BETTER matches.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 8/3/2010, 07:59

I agree with all that Greezy! Thanks for your breakdown. I was spectating seveneleven while i was waiting to spawn and saw him rush into your team as a scout while you were with a pack of three overhealed people. Not very smart. Some players forget that you should operate as a team and go in alone which is the worst thing that can happen. I also noticed that with 5vs5 and you do have a demo, 2 sollies and a scout you still need that second scout badly. Communication is so important, typing instead of using voice simply doesn't work so i guess that players who can't use voice maybe shouldn't participate in the pugs anymore. Having to stand still because you need to type simply is killing.

For tomorrow we still need a lot of players i think.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 8/3/2010, 09:53

I thought pyro wasn't one of the options in pugs because it isn't in scrims? Also, when people choose a class they should probably stick to it nearly 99% of the time. Otherwise teams become disorganized.
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 8/3/2010, 12:51

I agree totally. But not all players try to look at things a little bit further like others do.I guess this is something we can learn from the pugs to; who is fit to be in the scrimteam and who isn't (yet).

I went pyro myself on turbine because it was a total chaos and didn't feel like playing seriously anymore. Not much sense if you have to invite people in the pug that don't follow pug rules (play classes the team doesn't need and ignore the captain).

Also i made a nice topic summery about the gotfrag article about competitive play but if people don't read it you can't expect them to behave according to whats common in competitive play.

It doesn't matter much, things like these will always happen, i will just result in our clan improving and improving.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 8/3/2010, 16:43

The only time in pugs I go pyro is if we end up having our last point to defend. I remember we had our last point left, we had 2 soldiers, a demo man, a medic and me as a pyro. We were looking out and I think I got a triple kill because you guys rushed in on us. The demo man had stickies, the soldiers played good defense. Also, I agree with what Greezy said. The eraser's did well, but you guys weren't so good on the back cap. I probably back capped you guys 3 times, but that was just the first game. The second game you realized and it was like, oh crap. I can't back cap. They are playing a hard defense. Overall, best pug I have ever played.
Havik
Havik

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 8/3/2010, 19:51

I think that the point about these pugs showing who is mature enough is a good point eraser. Panda should check out the next pug and see if there's anyone he wants on/off the scrim team from their maturity level in the pug.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2