Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!)

5 posters

Go down

Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!) Empty Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!)

Post by Epps 30/3/2010, 18:23

I noticed how almost no one knows how to properly use a teleporter. I often see scouts using it even though there is an heavy waiting for it! Anyway, here is a basic list with what classes should go first and what classes go last. Please note that this can change depending on the situation.

1) Engineer: They are the ones keeping the teleporter and the other gear up and running. Especially then there is just one engineer you should ALWAYS let him go first (that is if he isn’t upgrading in spawn).

2) Medic : the medic is the one who heals your team. By letting him go first you can make sure that lease people die which will reduce overall teleporter usage and increase the overall KD ratio of your team since people life live* longer.

3) Heavy, soldier, demo and pyro: Heavy is slow as f♥️ck but can do a hell of a lot of damage. Same goes for the soldier and demo although the demo is faster on feet. Finally the pyro is needed for spychecking because when there are red engineers, there are blu spies. Depending on the situation on the other side you can have classes go first (demo/soldier if there is an enemy sentry, lotsa spies and no pyro to spycheck, heavy against lotsa enemies/uber from medic etc).

4) Sniper, spy and scout: Snipers tend to be gay and stick to the other end of the map so they don’t really use the teleporter that often, spies are not that important when the tee is on the far side of the map since the entire enemy team is there (good luck sapping stuff) and scouts are fast. They can run fast and by the time a teleporter is recharged/the line is gone they could have walked all the way to the exit twice! In other words, is there a line for the teleporter and you are a scout, just run to the exit.

One last thing though, sometimes a teleporter exits very close to the entrance. These should be avoided unless you play a slow class (heavy). Most of the time you can get there faster by walking than by waiting for the teleporter to recharge.

*Eraser edit
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!) Empty Re: Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!)

Post by vladmirbsl69 30/3/2010, 18:29

Oh you forgot the most important thing of all sgt. pepper! TELEFRAG THOSE GAD DANG ENEMIES!!!!! lol! Japanese emoticon
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!) Empty Re: Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!)

Post by ninji 30/3/2010, 19:25

You should mention that spies should never ever take teleporters. Anyone who takes a tele is subject to after glow, and, as a spy, disguised, it just makes you look stupid. Not as dumb as disguising as a locked class (sniper) but its pretty damn stupid.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 30/3/2010, 20:33

ninji wrote:You should mention that spies should never ever take teleporters. Anyone who takes a tele is subject to after glow, and, as a spy, disguised, it just makes you look stupid. Not as dumb as disguising as a locked class (sniper) but its pretty damn stupid.
Depends, if you cloak the trail disappears so it can be usefull. If I teleport as a spy I do it while cloaked because of this Very Happy
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 30/3/2010, 20:37

Sgt Pepper wrote:
ninji wrote:You should mention that spies should never ever take teleporters. Anyone who takes a tele is subject to after glow, and, as a spy, disguised, it just makes you look stupid. Not as dumb as disguising as a locked class (sniper) but its pretty damn stupid.
Depends, if you cloak the trail disappears so it can be usefull. If I teleport as a spy I do it while cloaked because of this :D
Oh.... they should patch that out of the game :P
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/3/2010, 21:05

Pepper,

Interesting topic. With my 300 hrs as engie i have an opinion. Hold it!

The teleport close to the exit on orange is my invention i think Razz
I place it around the corner so you people don't have to jump out of spawn and walk around the corner. It saves about 5 seconds but if you have a level 3 tele it still paces up your team. I do this when there are many spies around or other classes trying to destroy your teleports. When it is so near spawn your teleport has a higher chance of survival giving you the opportunity to spend more time on your dispenser and sentry.

What i would also like to mention is the directon of the teleport exit. Look at the arrow thats pointing when you are ready to deploy it. Don't make it point towards a wall, point it towards the way your team needs to go.

I also hate teleport entrances that are placed on the ramp in the spawn. You first have to walk above it before you can walk on it. Why do some engies do that i wonder? Just place it on a flat surface.

The most stupidest noobish thing imaginable is build a dispenser inside spawn. We should make an achiemvent for that. I remember George Costanza doing that all the time (haven't seen him lately).

Finally about the classes going through i completly agree. But as an engineer i always build a level 3 entrance before i build an exit. That way i don't have to concentrate on upgrading the exit anymore while in the midst of battle. I try to place exits as fast as possible to prevent spies seeing me do it. If you sit there slapping it you are a spy-magnet.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 31/3/2010, 00:39

Eraserhead wrote:I place it around the corner so you people don't have to jump out of spawn and walk around the corner
Why walk around it if you can just jump over it?
Eraserhead wrote:Finally about the classes going through i completly agree. But as an engineer i always build a level 3 entrance before i build an exit. That way i don't have to concentrate on upgrading the exit anymore while in the midst of battle. I try to place exits as fast as possible to prevent spies seeing me do it. If you sit there slapping it you are a spy-magnet.
I do that as well, but sometimes one side gets destroyed which turns it back to lvl 1. Also, I prefer having a dispenser and at least a lvl 2 sentry up before upgrading/building a teleporter exit.

Anyway these are engineer tactics, not tactics for proper teleporter usage so as ussual we're going off topic >.<
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 31/3/2010, 06:52

Oh but i still see plenty of people running around the wall instead of jumping over it. Not everyone has mastered this orange skill you know. I also just recently learned it and sometimes it still fails.

I also try to put my tele exit on a different spot then my dispense and sentry because if a demoman or spy comes not all your stuff will be destroyed instantly. You can teleport and again and build new stuff again. Also the flood of your teammates who keep on coming through the exit will create more diversion to built new stuff then when it isn't there.

PS: I just noticed the forum issue with replies coming at the bottom of earlier posts is now fixed cheers
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 31/3/2010, 10:04

A little note on Telefragging: You can telefrag an uber. Eraserhead proved this by killing my friend Kane, who was ubered destroying the teleporter.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 31/3/2010, 10:42

I telefragged an engie on pulp like 6 times in a row last night....
Proper teleporter usage (for all classes!) Facepalm
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down