Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need to pug

5 posters

Go down

We need to pug Empty We need to pug

Post by Furgus 30/12/2009, 22:04

I've been talking to a few players that I know and that are server regulars and I asked them to join Pulp. They said they would think about it but they are mostly interested in Pugs and scrim teams. We need to attract more players to our clan. So I thought maybe we could have a time where we all can come together and have a pug. I was thinking maybe after 9:00p.m. {{(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)}}. I talked to Nicobb about joining the clan and he said as long as he could be in BBQ clan also. And I talked to Kirfir and he said he was going to think about it as so did the other people I talked to. So lets get a few pugs set up.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

We need to pug Empty Re: We need to pug

Post by Furgus 30/12/2009, 22:28

Also since the ventrilo and teamspeak has to be payed for. I suggest we all get a mic and instead we turn all talk off. That would be cheaper.
And when there is a pug we could lock the server and change it to a stock map. If you guys want to. Then when the pug is over we change it back. Any thoughts to this?
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 30/12/2009, 22:38

I think the pugging is a good idea; about the ventrilo stuff, I don't really understand all that, but if it has to be payed for, why can't we just turn alltalk off?

I think that the people that are best at strategizing have already realised they need mics, and bought them.

Anyone who doesn't have a mic probly knows how to type fast...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/12/2009, 23:53

I think the problem with steamtalk is that it is less secure then ventrilo so it might in some way be possible for players from to opposing team to listen to your communication. Maybe DS can elaborate on this?

I think pugs would be a good idea only due to the irregular schedules i'm working and doing other stuff i can't commit to times so maybe i'm there or maybe i'm not. Locking the server and changing the maps is no problem if necessary.

What happens during a pug anyway? What are the rules?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 31/12/2009, 09:09

Eraserhead wrote:I think the problem with steamtalk is that it is less secure then ventrilo so it might in some way be possible for players from to opposing team to listen to your communication. Maybe DS can elaborate on this?

Well if one of the opposing team members goes to spectator. They would know what our strategy is. I'm not really sure what to say about this.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 31/12/2009, 09:10

A pug is like a scrim except you don't have an organized team and it's just for fun. Usually pugs have the standard competitive rules, 6vs6 format, 1 medic 1 demoman, 2 of everything else. These pugs are still meant to be for fun so don't worry if you're not experienced in pugging.
There are only a few requirements to play:
Must have a mic/teamspeak3 maybe{in order to converse within teamates
Must be fairly familiar with one of the 4 competitive classes (soldier, demo, scout, medic)
Must be able to play for 2 full rounds, which will take approximately 1 1/2 half ours including picking teams.
No griefing/cursing/whatever.
I hope everyone here gives this a chance, if you don't like it then not to worry, you don't have to keep playing, but I'm sure most of you will enjoy it.

As great as orange maps are, we'll be pugging mainly on 5 cp point and stock maps. We may play orange when we do pugs in 8vs8 format, but I'd like to stick to the more competitive maps. Here's a list of the possible maps to be played, if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me.

cp_badlands
cp_granary
cp_fastlane
cp_well
cp_yukon
cp_gravelpit
cp_follower
cp_indulge
cp_gullywash
ctf_turbineBlind

Also in a pug there are different stragic terms. If you are intrested in pugging go to this website. In order to be a good pugger and scrimer you must read this. This article or blog was written by COLD{most of you might know him}.http://competitiveintroductiontotf2.blogspot.com/
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 31/12/2009, 09:30

Yes i have read the article of COLD before only i was under the impression that a pug is for clan members only who are already part of a scrim team but i suppose i'm wrong?

How do you mange who is going to take part of the pug? Kirfir talked to me about it and told me you talked with him about pugs but i didn't see this post at that time.

PS: This is also a nice article :

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/story/43759/

Just let me know when you want a pug and i can lock the server and one of the admins can change the map.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 31/12/2009, 13:04

When we want to set up a pug. We make an announcement that there will be a pug and there we will sort out the teams.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumpybear 13/1/2010, 03:02

Why wouldl we need to? I think Pulp is a pretty big group already Wink
Dumpybear
Dumpybear
Forgotten
Forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 13/1/2010, 09:47

Dumpybear wrote:Why wouldl we need to? I think Pulp is a pretty big group already Wink
Well, it would be nice to find out how we work as a team.
Also, this might come as a shock, I have a mic embedded in my laptop (2 actually for it is a stereo-mic) but I hardly use it. I'm just not really into talking all the time do I only call spy, stfu etc.
Quallity is actually good, better then I expected (long live HP).
DAMMIT IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!

As for ventrillo/teamspeak, we could just use alltalk off and trust our opponements not to spectate. If a clan/enemy team can't even do a simple thing like that they aren't good enough to play against imo.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum