Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

all the idiots who are on when no other PULP-er is

5 posters

Go down

all the idiots who are on when no other PULP-er is Empty all the idiots who are on when no other PULP-er is

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 3/5/2010, 01:47

i can't play with a server full of people, my 1.5 GHz CPU just can't handle it. so, i usually get on when there are about 4-12 people, and leave when about 18-20 people get on. i also have a weird playing schedule.

needless to say, i'm often the only PULP member on the server, and i have to put up with the idiots that just don't "get it". they don't get that they can't proselytize their religion to the masses on just any game server they wish. they don't get that girls sometimes play tf2 as well and have to make giant misogynistic rants after a girl happens to stumble in. they don't get that exploiting the game engine is NOT ok. they don't get that some people play this game for fun (imagine that) and start yelling at their teammates until they're red at the face.

i seem to attract the worst of the pubbers, and there's never an admin available to absolve the issue. i love playing the server, it's the only non-excessive orange server out there. but sometimes the masses are a massive pain.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

all the idiots who are on when no other PULP-er is Empty Re: all the idiots who are on when no other PULP-er is

Post by The Mad Hatter 3/5/2010, 09:29

"votemute" and "votekick" plugins are back up, so use them. There's always a majority of reasonable people so just let the server know you're starting a vote for xxxx reason and your votes will usually succeed.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

all the idiots who are on when no other PULP-er is Empty Re: all the idiots who are on when no other PULP-er is

Post by Epps 3/5/2010, 09:35

Yeah, no admin on happens a lot during strange times. Anyway, you can always talk to one on steam chat if they are needed.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 3/5/2010, 15:20

there might not be an admin on the server but there is always one online.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 3/5/2010, 15:36

just got vote banned because i didn't want to do melee only. of course it never occurred to them to use votemelee instead.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 3/5/2010, 18:52

Votemelee has been removed. Perhaps we should put a notice up saying that if you initiate a voteban on someone for not meleeing while there is no melee mode active, you too will receive a ban?
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 3/5/2010, 18:56

how about a more general reason? i've had people attempt to vote ban me for not going after the objectives as well as many other things.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 3/5/2010, 18:59

Maybe it would be easier to list the reasons TO use voteban rather than what you shouldn't use them for. IE micspam, griefing, hacking, etc.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 3/5/2010, 19:00

that would probably work better.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 3/5/2010, 19:56

Young Greezy wrote:Maybe it would be easier to list the reasons TO use voteban rather than what you shouldn't use them for. IE micspam, griefing, hacking, etc.

If I thinking what I'm thinking then you just completely stole my idea. But we could share.
http://forum.pulpfortress.com/suggestions-f17/the-vote-ban-command-some-changes-t736.htm
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 3/5/2010, 20:28

Nooot exactly. I'm just proposing a list of reasons that voteban should be executed. I do think that you should need an admin to confirm a voteban before it is enacted though.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 3/5/2010, 20:31

k and yeah I agree with that too.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 5/5/2010, 11:55

1) No random pub's gonna follow the rules of DON'T VOTEBAN FOR XXX if you piss them off.

2) Needing an admin's approval for a ban is circlejerking. If you require this, the admin may as well just ban them theirselves and forget about the voting crap.

You're not gonna be able to lockdown your server with voting mods, it just helps in situations when admins AREN'T around.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down