Microphone Problem

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 13/5/2010, 19:27

I have a Logitech headset. It only works on my Desktop, which is Windows 7. My laptop is also Windows 7 and can't seem to find what the problem is. My Desktop's Sound Driver is SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec 6.10.0.5511 , my Laptop's is SigmaTel High Definition Codec 6.10.0.5866. I know I plugged it in correct port and the mute switch isn't set to mute. I am able to just switch to Desktop then it works then after I switch it to Laptop, it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 13/5/2010, 19:28

Well said, i can not find any weak spots to troll you.

Are your drivers updated?
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! on 13/5/2010, 19:30

  • right click the speaker icon in the lower right-hand corner.
  • select recording devices
  • make sure your microphone is set to be the default device, and if necessary, disable the built-in mic.
  • test to be sure it's working
  • voila
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 511
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 29
Location : Cal Poly, the real one.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 13/5/2010, 19:36

@Chuck- Yes
@Adam- Nope, didn't work. I've already tried that.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Epps on 13/5/2010, 20:10

Is it a jack (3.5 mm plug) or an USB headset? If it's a jack you could try if any other recording device works on it (old mic, ps2 singstar, jack - jack cable with music playing).

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Microphone Problem Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 13/5/2010, 20:12

Make sure Line In isn't turned on and also make sure that it doesn't work at all or it only works with some things
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 13/5/2010, 22:06

Sgt Pepper wrote:Is it a jack (3.5 mm plug) or an USB headset? If it's a jack you could try if any other recording device works on it (old mic, ps2 singstar, jack - jack cable with music playing).
It's a jack and I don't have another recording device Sad

@Chuck- What do you mean?
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 13/5/2010, 22:14

Google wrote:
Sgt Pepper wrote:Is it a jack (3.5 mm plug) or an USB headset? If it's a jack you could try if any other recording device works on it (old mic, ps2 singstar, jack - jack cable with music playing).
It's a jack and I don't have another recording device Sad

@Chuck- What do you mean?

Check if it works in other programs like iono vent, ingame, a mic tester

Right click the volume control and click adjust audio properties
Click the Audio tab and click volume under the Sound Recording Default Device
You want Microphone selected and not Line in

Try that and see if it works
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 13/5/2010, 22:25

Chuck wrote:
Google wrote:
Sgt Pepper wrote:Is it a jack (3.5 mm plug) or an USB headset? If it's a jack you could try if any other recording device works on it (old mic, ps2 singstar, jack - jack cable with music playing).
It's a jack and I don't have another recording device Sad

@Chuck- What do you mean?

Check if it works in other programs like iono vent, ingame, a mic tester

Right click the volume control and click adjust audio properties
Click the Audio tab and click volume under the Sound Recording Default Device
You want Microphone selected and not Line in

Try that and see if it works
The choices are:
Microphone Array
Microphone / Line In

It does not work at all:
Windows Sound Recorder- No
Ventrilo- No
Skype, AIM, MSN- No

Says an audio playback device can't be found or something like that.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Epps on 14/5/2010, 08:17

both of them dont work? have you updated the drivers?

_________________
Chuck wrote:You better have erected a dispenser for the medic if you know what i mean

Microphone Problem Sgtpepper17
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2009-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Oss, Netherlands

View user profile http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Eraserhead on 14/5/2010, 09:01

Audio playback device can't be found? Can you give us a screenshot?

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 14/5/2010, 18:28

Sgt Pepper wrote:both of them dont work? have you updated the drivers?
The array one works, which is the built-in one with the webcam of the laptop and yes drivers are up to date.

--

Lol my fault Eraser, I mean Audio Recording device not found.

Microphone Problem Micprob1

Microphone Problem Micprob2
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 14/5/2010, 19:02

The Line In is the problem you need to change that
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 14/5/2010, 19:57

Chuck wrote:The Line In is the problem you need to change that
And how would you o_o .
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 14/5/2010, 20:07

iono I'm not too good with windows 7 peppers...a guide would be handy
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Eraserhead on 15/5/2010, 10:20

Google if you could give me or chuck access via teamviewer we could maybe help. I had win7 for 5 days i think and i also had a problem with my microphone. I remember that part was very confusing in win7 i had to change things in two locations i remember to get it working.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 15/5/2010, 10:32

Maybe later, I am gonna see Iron Man Very Happy
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| on 15/5/2010, 11:08

Iron Man 2 id the BOMB! Its awesome!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2010-01-16
Age : 23
Location : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 15/5/2010, 11:31

Cpt Jonesie wrote:Iron Man 2 id the BOMB! Its awesome!

Agreed. Iron Man 1 though will never be surpassed
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| on 15/5/2010, 11:40

Its got a better story line to it.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2010-01-16
Age : 23
Location : Worcester

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 16/5/2010, 14:43

Well, I'm available atm so if anyone wants to do Teamviewer to help me fix it.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Eraserhead on 17/5/2010, 06:42

Message me or chuck in steam if you see us online.

_________________
Greetz,

Eraserhead

Young Greezy wrote:I'll murder your face in half
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 43
Location : Suriname

View user profile http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 17/5/2010, 16:44

Cpt Jonesie wrote:Its got a better story line to it.

I can't wait for the third iron man, the suspense is killing me
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Google on 17/5/2010, 22:08

Lol I can't wait till the Captain America movie then the Avengers

---
I'll be available most likely at 7PM GMT-5 or probably later like around 8PM or 9PM.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Posts : 998
Join date : 2010-04-01
Age : 26
Location : New York, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Nick on 18/5/2010, 16:23

Google wrote:Lol I can't wait till the Captain America movie then the Avengers

---
I'll be available most likely at 7PM GMT-5 or probably later like around 8PM or 9PM.

just message me whenever
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Posts : 786
Join date : 2010-03-20
Age : 26
Location : South Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Microphone Problem Empty Re: Microphone Problem

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum