Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map Rotation

+6
Furgus
Young Greezy
Epps
jameless
Nicobbq
Afro
10 posters

Go down

Map Rotation Empty Map Rotation

Post by Afro 17/5/2010, 12:21

I think we should have a map rotation, to train us on different maps, and because orange is getting boring.

Granary
Well
The place with the BIG metal crates in the middle
Frieght
Turbine
Dustbowl
The usual, since last month, no one donated, having one server with multiple maps would be cheaper 24person server is
30$/Month
To have a server for each of those maps would be 300$/month
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Map Rotation Empty Re: Map Rotation

Post by Nicobbq 17/5/2010, 12:35

We tried map rotation already and people didn't come as much as when the server is playing Orange. Plus, we are a Orange server so I don't think playing any stock map would make sense.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 17/5/2010, 13:15

If we get enough steady donations the plan was to create another server that does a rotation.

EB Hint guy
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 17/5/2010, 13:21

EB Hint guy Orange players often have bad PC's making Orange maps the only map they can play. Rotation servers often have less players than 24/7 XX_XXXXXX servers and well, that's about it.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 17/5/2010, 15:35

I'd be up for a 24/7 stock map server. Even just one map, dustbowl maybe, would be great.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 17/5/2010, 15:51

Well maybe when someone comes on the server this message or voting would appear.

Server Vote:
1.24/7 orange server
2.Map rotation server

And then if they picked "map rotation" they would pick the top three or top map from a list that they would like to see in the map rotation or server. Like that we see what the majority likes.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 17/5/2010, 15:55

We've tested this out quite a bit. When the map changes the server close to empties. We will be happy to setup a rotation server separately from the orange server but servers cost money. A steady stream of donations can make this possible quite quickly.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 17/5/2010, 16:45

I've thrown as much as I can at the clan for now, as I quit my job. When tax returns come back, I'll be giving another 25 or so. EVERYONE DONATE! I WANT THIS GODDAMN ROTATION SERVER!
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 17/5/2010, 16:56

James I'm not talking about a changing it after the round is over. It's just a vote. Then after a month of this voting we could see all the votes and see what could be done. And if it works just keep the map.

Also most clan websites have this for donations. If you look beneath the website you are able to keep track of the the donations and the percentage left.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 17/5/2010, 17:09

There are no simple plugins to create a vote like this. It requires creating a database to store the answers, some kind of interface to review the answers, etc. I have looked around for a plugin like this in the past but have had no luck. The only option would be to guide people to our forum to vote on it but I don't think that would give us an accurate polling.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 17/5/2010, 17:12

Why do you think I play orange? I have a crappy rig. I'm hoping to invest in a better one soon, but for now, orange will have to do...
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/5/2010, 21:23

I did a lookup and this topic has been discussed 4 times before already, please read these topics before posting anything further:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/general-discussions-f5/map-rotation-your-opinion-t187.htm?highlight=rotation

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/news-f1/orange-rotation-week-t401.htm?highlight=rotation

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/suggestions-f17/turn-the-server-into-an-orange-map-rotation-t267.htm?highlight=rotation

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/general-discussions-f5/k-so-after-map-rotation-t418.htm?highlight=rotation

And that being said i will quote myself:

Eraserhead wrote:

This server started out as an Orange_x3 server because that was the whole basis of succes for IKtR. People come to our server because they know what they can find there: orange!

So maybe adding a couple of orange variants could not hurt but i don't think adding completely different maps and game types to our Orange server is a good idea. We have switched maps before and what happens:

-while switching to another (custom) map people leave the game (always!), so when the next map starts you have less players
-some of the regulars who want to play orange wont connect because they are looking for orange...so of them will connect of course
If we have some better financials we could also setup a second server for custom maps, i think we should strive to make that happen within 3 months.

Last edited by Eraserhead on 17/5/2010, 21:33; edited 2 times in total
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/5/2010, 21:31

Furgus wrote:James I'm not talking about a changing it after the round is over. It's just a vote. Then after a month of this voting we could see all the votes and see what could be done. And if it works just keep the map.

Also most clan websites have this for donations. If you look beneath the website you are able to keep track of the the donations and the percentage left.

Furgus, please don't put the LB URL in these forums. I will quote myself again why not:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/games-computers-and-tech-support-f12/lb-calling-upon-some-good-sourcemodders-t776.htm

Eraserhead wrote:Uberlord, when i left LB and told them i started my own clan i made a link to pulpfortress.com. They deleted my post because their rules said putting links in their forum to other clans was not allowed. So i think we should have the same rule here. Please don't post links to the LB forum anymore. I will not delete this however, don't like censorship much...

I don't see what the distress call is by the way, they just want to develop a plugin. As far as i know we don't have coders in Pulp. What Naso could do is post his request on the Alliedmods forum, they have a special section for posting plugin development requests.

But to reply to what you posted:

I don't see how a donations counter would help people starting to donate. Oh i see a donation meter at the bottom of the forum, oh im gonna donate, NOW! Does it work like that? I don't think so, but may be wrong.

What we need is our custom hats back. We are also working on auto-balance immunity for donors and more nice perks to reward donors with.

By the way we have a positive Gameservers credit right now because Jameless got his boss to pay the server rent for a whole year and on top of that people like Gibbo, Sgt. Pepper, Greezy, Manette, Kinseth, Fubar and me have donated amounts varying from $15-$50.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 17/5/2010, 22:00

24/7 2fort would be f**kin Sweet
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/5/2010, 22:32

I think it would nice to have another stock map 24/7 each week. So 7 days per map.
Personally i dislike 2fort (i played it a lot) because of the stalematish character.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 17/5/2010, 23:18

I agree with no 2fort. But maps like turbine, dustbowl, granary, and the like would be great!

I've always found that orange players really enjoy turbine.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 18/5/2010, 00:34

I'd love to have a PULP server that runs some Payload. Or even some of my maps, whenever I finish one. Which will most likely be when we get a 24x7 stock/custom, so I have a reason to finish a map, haha.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down