Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RSS Feed Subscription

4 posters

Go down

RSS Feed Subscription Empty RSS Feed Subscription

Post by jameless 5/1/2010, 16:12

I noticed on www.pulpfortress.com there is a forum rss feed on there. Is there any way for anyone else to subscribe to that feed?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

RSS Feed Subscription Empty Re: RSS Feed Subscription

Post by Furgus 5/1/2010, 19:17

What is that any ways?
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 5/1/2010, 19:23

I like to use RSS owl but there are tons of RSS readers out there. It would help others keep up with what's buzzing on the forums without having to click into each subject to find out. I just thought since the feed was already active the link for it might be something that could be provided to others.

Last edited by jameless on 5/1/2010, 19:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Instead of double posting)
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 5/1/2010, 19:58

I always use Google Reader because it's on my iGoogle homepage. Basicly what RSS does is notify you for new messages/post on your favorite sites or any site that is RSS enabled (not pulpfortress.com yet; still finding out how to use it). Just subscribe to a feed by clicking the orange squere with 2 stripes and a dot on it. Then your reader will notify you (or show a list like mine) of new unreded posts.
It's very usefull really. I have my webcomics, news, sankakucomplex and a lot of other sites in it.

Anyway, go to the main page of the forum and click the RSS icon in your browser (in firefox it's on the right side of your adressbar).
You'll get a menu in which you can choose which feed you want to subscribe to.
On the pulp website I used the feed for new topics just because it would take up a lot of space to have feeds for every single category.

Anyway, how I keep track of new posts on this ofrum is by clicking the link "show new posts since last visit". I think it will be easier, no, smarter to use that unless you want to have a feed list of 50 every day :p
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 5/1/2010, 20:10

That's perfect I didn't see that option before.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/1/2010, 20:18

Oh i didn't see that link either, thnx Pepper!

Another tip: On each Category/Forum you will see a link at the bottom called 'Start watching this forum'. If you click this you will get an email each time someone posts a new topic or a reply. This is what i use in combination with outlook. Very useful.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 5/1/2010, 21:07

Eraserhead wrote:Another tip: On each Category/Forum you will see a link at the bottom called 'Start watching this forum'. If you click this you will get an email each time someone posts a new topic or a reply. This is what i use in combination with outlook. Very useful.
I stopped doing that because I got a bit too much e-mails from Pulp. And with my phone also handeling my e-mail it started to bug me. No, I just use the 'Show posts since last vist' now. It's the most ideal option for me since I have a standard round of internet when I open Firefox.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum