Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgia Lane...

+7
Google
gibbo
Katkong
Hoboapple
vladmirbsl69
Nicobbq
Epps
11 posters

Go down

Nostalgia Lane... Empty Nostalgia Lane...

Post by Epps 17/6/2010, 19:51

Well everyone, it's time to take a hike on Nostalgia Lane and perhaps even learn some things about the (computer) gaming past. In this thread we will post our first few consoles/PC's/gaming devices and tell us a thing or two about them.

I started off with a nice Amiga 500 which came out in 1987, 3 years before I was born. My grandfather owned one and I used to play on it, A LOT! When I was 7 he gave it away to me because he didn't used it anymore. Now the funny thing about the Commodore Amiga 500 was actually ment as a PC, not a gaming device. However since it had superb grahpics and was capable of producing sounds better than the not even thought of SNES(!) it became widely spread as a 'gaming console'.

After leaching some more from ye ol' Amiga 500 I finally got a PSX when I was 9 or 10 years old (1999/2000). Of course I had it modded (or rather my biological dad did) so I had tons of games to play on. Yes, the early 2000's where perfect times for pirates like me... Anyway, most of the games I played where 'Kiddy'; Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Need for Speed II, Micro Machines etc. I never gotten into the shooters etc and up to till this day I still haven't, mostly due to poor graphics while I am used at least HL2 quality.

After the PSX came the Gamecube, one of the worst consoles I have ever played on. I just had to own one but it didn't took me that long untill I realized hwo STUPID I was to buy it. Shitty games with only 20 or so worth the play made me hate it. My sister on the other hand had a PS2 which had all the great games I can remember. I still use it (and my PSX) on a regular base and that's where I am today. Stuck between PSX, PS2 and PC after I bought a laptop (which made me able to game modern games).

Edit
: In case you are wondering, I owned the following console at one point in my life (* = sold):
Amiga 500*, PS1, PS2, NES*, Sega Genesis* and GameCube*. I had various PC's but all of them were shitty obsolete pieces of crap untill I bought my laptop. Funfact: at one point I owned all these consoles at the same time and actually had them set-up next to eachother ready to use. However it took away so many space I decided sell those I hardly used. Also, I am looking to buy an Amiga 500 again because I regret selling it and because I now have the room for it again.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia Lane... Empty Re: Nostalgia Lane...

Post by Nicobbq 17/6/2010, 20:22

First Console i ever got was a Super NES with Super Mario Bros World. I also used to play Donkey Kong Country at my grandma's house because she had a SNES too. Then I got a N64 and that was definitely the console I played the most. I freaking loved it. As you can now see, i was a nintendo gamer so the next console I had was the Gamecube. I liked it a lot too.

In between all those home consoles, I had a gameboy pocket, a gameboy color, a gameboy Advance.

After that, I got myself a Wii and a Nintendo DS. However, with the recent "casual" move from Nintendo I got kind of bored of the wii so I got myself a PS3 and I love it too.

Oh yea, forgot to say, i now have a NES too lol, I missed that old console that I played at my cousin's.

So yea, that's about it.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 17/6/2010, 21:14

I owned pc, ps1 ps2 NES ps3 xbox 360 wii. not much to tell
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 17/6/2010, 23:30

When I was little my parents were always both working, so me and my older brother were practically raised by our nanny (not our grandma, but was hired) Phyllis. She was a big black woman Razz But anyway, all my brother and I would do was play around outside, except when we went over to her house. She had a son who was much older and we would play his N64 together. Well eventually I'm not sure what happened but when I was 5 and my brother was 9 we bought it from him, along with the best games that came with it (Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, Mario Party). We never really got any other games for it, so I guess I'm a Star Fox/Zelda virgin. Very Happy Well eventually we got older and all we did was still play those games and watch Dragon Ball Z until the PSX came out. We bought it for my mom for her birthday (I still don't get that) and we bought shelves full of games for it. All we played was Crash (every single game of that franchise when ND had it, not the crappy new ones) and Spyro. I also remember playing 3D pong on it, Cool Boarders, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater. OH AND TEKKEN!!!! God that game was awesome. I remember we'd go over to our friend's house who were brothers me and my brother's age (one you know as Crunchy Wink ). And I remember in 1st grade I'd go to my best friend Max's house and he had the gamecube right when it came out. We got it a few years later, and we only played a few mario party games, Melee, and Luigi's Mansion on it. Then we got a PS2 and I sorta fell out of gaming a little, my brother and his friends all played shoot-em-ups which turned me off so I kinda stopped. I did play a little but that's about it. I got more into the computer and the internet and everything when I heard about the stick figure animator Stykz. Then my brother showed me Channel 4 and I thought the internet was really weird. I wanted to know it's secrets I guess O.o But I went to a different middle school than my elementary friends and it was hard to keep in touch. I grew up more and I remembered seeing them play this game called TF2. Now I never really liked mindless killing FPS but this had things like classes, and humor, and HATS!!! But alas, it was only for PC and we are a Mac family. (inb4 mac hate Sad ) Then a few years later I remembered about this game, and I had gotten into torrenting and bought myself a fancy 15" macbook pro with fancy upgrades and shit so I could play it with boot camp. I torrented windows 7, put it on a disk, and installed it and started playing tf2 (which was bought legitimately! Smile ). I started playing with my buds and they showed me the pulp server. I had never played orange but I liked it! However I was just starting and played a modification of Scout strategy called Force-of-nature-run-around-SUICIDE scout. Long-story short my KD was ~.39 with the 3rd lowest rank on the server. Shocked I started looking up strategy guides for it and just couldn't get good enough at it. However my new goal is to become the master Spy! I started getting serious and now my rank is 127 with a KD of .65 (still yikes, but less yiking) with an average KD now of about 2.0 per connection when I'm not sucking (or Pi isn't on :rolleyes: ). I play on Pulp every chance I get and lucky for them when it came out for mac I could get them earbuds. Wink However it is still kinda laggy for mac even with lowest settings, but I'm getting used to it.

HOLY COW sorry for wall of text/life story. O_O
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Katkong 18/6/2010, 00:21

I own(ed) a PC, SNES, N64, Wii, Gamecube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy SP, Nintendo Ds, PS1, PS2, and an Xbox 360
Katkong
Katkong

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo 18/6/2010, 05:10

my first console was an Atari 2600 (still have it)it even has a black and white or colour tv switch.after that i went the sega route.mater system,mega drive 2,saturn,dreamcast.now i have a ps2 and a wii
gibbo
gibbo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 18/6/2010, 08:07

Always love those walls of text, especially when they are good n.n
Also, I forgot about handhelds but that's easy: Gameboy Color ft. pokémon gold and Wario Land 2 followed by a DS with a R4 card and a legal Pokemon HeartGold.
I never got into the PSP although Roco Loco is a fun game which a soundtrack that brings instant happiness to everyone.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 18/6/2010, 09:56

Katkong wrote:I own(ed) a PC, SNES, N64, Wii, Gamecube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, Gameboy SP, Nintendo Ds, PS1, PS2, and an Xbox 360
lol guys i thought we meant stationary consoles. then i had gameboy color, gamboy advancedd, Gameboy Sp, Nintendo Ds, PSP. Also forgot i had n64(i loved this to death.) and gamecube
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 18/6/2010, 11:41

NES , Genesis , SNES , Playstation 1 & 2 , Gameboy Color , N64 , Dreamcast , GBA SP , Gamecube , NDS and NDS Lite , Wii ; Too bad I never got a xbox lol
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 18/6/2010, 11:52

Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo WII
PlayStation 1
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3 * sold it! Got 150 for it!
XBOX 360 Premium
XBOX 360 Elite (Still have it!)
GameCube

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 18/6/2010, 15:37

Well let's see here. When I was like three, my brothers got me into Super Nintendo, which is my favorite system of all time, moreso than my computer even. So I played Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country and games like that, then when I was 7, I started playing games like Final Fantasy IV and stuff. I also played our N64 at this time, got really into Diddy Kong Racing. REALLY into it. So basically I kinda chilled on those systems until like 2003, when I got a gamecube (well one of my brothers did). Played that a hell of a lot, but yes I know, it is a shitty system. I was like 10, sue me. so then I started playing the PSX in like 2004, LOVED that system. Played every RPG I could get my hands on. That and the SNES are the best things ever for RPG lovers. I also played a lot of Tony Hawk on that. In 2004, I got a DS as well, which replaced my old GBA from like 2002. Around 2006, I started playing computer games when my brother got oblivion on his computer and let me play it. Never really got far in it. Got a Wii in 2007, and I would play it a lot, but I don't really touch it now, my brother is borrowing it. Then in early 2008, started playing TF2 infrequently on either of my brother's computer when they would let me. Eventually in 2009 summer, I just started playing it on my old Pentium 4 computer. Fun shit. Then I got this beauty here and now that's what I game on.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 18/6/2010, 16:24

150 for a PS3...Poor you jonesie, how to waste a good console.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 20/6/2010, 00:19

Sgt Pepper wrote:Always love those walls of text, especially when they are good n.n
Also, I forgot about handhelds but that's easy: Gameboy Color ft. pokémon gold and Wario Land 2 followed by a DS with a R4 card and a legal Pokemon HeartGold.
I never got into the PSP although Roco Loco is a fun game which a soundtrack that brings instant happiness to everyone.
EPPPS I GOT SMOMETHING LIKE A R4 TOO. BROS FOR LIFE =D
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 20/6/2010, 08:31

Yea yea yea, Hail the R4, that shitty thing that makes developpers stay away from making awesome games.
Thanks PIRATES, we all appreciate your greediness.
/rage
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 20/6/2010, 15:39

Lmao I had a R4 then a CycloDS and now AceKard.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taco_Human 20/6/2010, 15:52

I bought a CycloDS as well.

Though I did buy most of my games before I backed them up so I'm all good.

Though there are a lot of games I played and didn't pay for, I did not like a majority of them so it's like I never would have even bought them in the first place. No damage done.
Taco_Human
Taco_Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down