Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to CS:S? Read Here

+5
Epps
Eraserhead
Nicobbq
ninji
Havik
9 posters

Go down

New to CS:S? Read Here Empty New to CS:S? Read Here

Post by Havik 25/6/2010, 20:09

Eraserhead wrote:maybe you should post some gameplay tips in advance in the forums for noobs like me

Alright, so I bring you the latest in Counter-Strike:Source tactics.

Here is what will be taught:

How config's effect the whole game
Weapon Selection based on config
Weapon Selection based on MOD
Proper way to shoot
What to do in-game
What to do in a 1v1 situation

Now, with the new CS:S being released some info has changed. I will try my best to update my guide as I learn more about the new CS:S myself. I consider myself a CS:S semi-pro because I have 700+ hours invested in it XD So here we go!

How configs effect the whole game:

The basic config that is run on CS:S is somewhat like the TF2 PUG config, yet not really. The only thing that applies is the alltalk being off. With CS:S the configs are able to change a lot in the gameplay. With the config used in most competative gaming leagues such as Cevo, Cal, and GameBattles, they have set defuse time, set plant time, set money, set aircellerate, and even more. Set plant time is 5-8 seconds, depending on the config. The set defuse time is similar to plant time, unless you buy a defuse kit, which speeds up the process. The Bomb usually has 35 seconds to be defused, or else it will explode, letting the Terrorists win. Now with start money its usually 800$, which can only really get you a Desert Eagle. Aircellerate and other server CVars just change some of the gameplay, but they don't really come into play.

Weapon Selection Based on Config:

Now, with start money being so low on some configs, high on others, you have to make sure you bind your weapon binds set accordingly. Now, with most configs, the start money is sadly 800$. this means all you can buy is a Deagle. So, when you do that, save it to a weapon slot, for easier access to this buy instead of going through the rest of the menus. When you use your deagle, get kills, win rounds, defuse / plant bombs, save hostages, you earn more money, that you can buy better guns. This is the part where you buy these loadouts (if you have enough money)

Terrorists:
Primary:Ak47 or Ak74U
Secondary: Deagle, ES-five-seven
Equipment: HE-Grenade, Flashbang

Counter-Terrorists:
Primary: M4A1 Carbine
Secondary: Deagle
Equipment: HE-Grenade, Flashbang, Defusal Kit

With these loadouts, you should be able to do some massive damage. For Terrorists, its all about being loud n' proud. For the Counter-Terrorists, its all about being Silent, but Violent.

Weapon Selection based on MOD:

Now, each mod yes has different configs, but the mods themselves need weapon variations. For regular CS:S, or competative, the loadouts above suffice. For Zombie mod, where the pushback of guns is higher, depending on the server make your primary either and MP5, a P90, or a Shotgun (preferably auto-shotgun) Other mods such as MiniGame, Deathrun, GunGame, all pick your weapons for you, so you can't change. Mods such as Jailbreak, Hosties, depend on what guns are in the CT spawn, usually go for the AK or the M4A1.

Proper way to shoot:

In counter strike, the guns actually have some mad recoil. So, when shooting, always slow to a walk if you hear an enemy near by, so your cross hair gets smaller, then go into a crouched position, then aim for the head. With the improved hitboxes, its almost guaranteed that the aim and bullets too the face should work. Now, if you are staying back, with a sniper, always crouch. Never EVER stand. They always see you when you are standing. Also, if a person starts running towards you, don't try to get away, because you can't run! go at them, and when they notice you, crouch and start shooting. By crouching, you will get better accuracy for those distance shots.

What to do in-game.

When in game, always talk. Make sure you cover all routes, and flanks. Make sure you move in groups of two, or if you go on a solo mission, update your team on your position. USE THE RADAR! By using the radar, you can see where your team mates are, and where they died. It is helpful because you can notice which way they are / were going, and where they die. From there, you can plan a way around to get those sneeky enemies. PLAN FOR DEFENSE! When you are defending, always try to keep 1 person on EACH BOMBSITE! With this, you can alert your team of any incoming enemies on that site. Usually what Terrorists do is follow the 1 bomb carrier, this is not what you do. You send maybe 1-3 people over to other bomb site to check it out, the rest of you, flank the bomb site whilst sending in the bomb carier head on because the people should be distracted. With this, you should be able to get to the bomb site. Oh yeah, in normal CS:S config, there is no respawn. The game goes on until a team wins the specified amount of rounds.

What to do in a 1vs1.

Counter-Terrorists:

Make sure you know where you are going. Silence that M4A1 because if you see something, you will shoot at it. And if it isn't a Terrorist, then they will find you from the noise. Make sure to either crouch walk the whole time, or shift walk for less noise, so you can hear the Terrorist.

Terrorists:

DO NOT PLANT THAT BOMB. Sure, it seems like a good idea, but only do it if you KNOW the bomb site is safe. if it isn't, then set up a distraction at the other bomb site, then haul ass back and plant the bomb, camp your ass off and kill the CT. Then run into the bomb, and yell into your mic "JIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD" for mad lols.

By following this guide, you should be better, or at least somewhat better at CS:S. if you have anything to contribute, post below. Very Happy
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

New to CS:S? Read Here Empty Re: New to CS:S? Read Here

Post by ninji 25/6/2010, 22:17

I have a few things to note:

The Deagle is NOT the only weapon you can buy at $800; not to mention, the Deagle is extremely overrated. I prefer the high accuracy, medium power, fully semi-RoF of the P228. It is incredibly affordable, and has a larger clip size.

Standing when sniping is a terrible idea if you are camping. But if you are an offense sniper, which isn't unheard of in CSS, moving while scoped is a viable tactic if, and only if, you know what to do when you spot an enemy. If you don't know what to do, and you fire, I can guarantee you will miss your target. I will try to set up the scenario:

You are entering B Tun's in Dust2 as a CT with an Awp. You aren't sure if there are any enemies, so you scope in, and strafe inward. Alas, there is an enemy, and he is looking right at you. So you stop moving (because moving while firing is very bad) and press that fire button.... but, you miss! By a long shot! You let go of your movement keys, you are sure of this. Why did you miss?

If you notice, when you are strafing, and you let go of your strafe key you do not come to a complete, and immediate stop. You slide for about a second, but that second just got you killed earlier, remember? What I am about to tell you isn't necessarily an "Advanced Technique" but only advanced players are familiar with it. It is incredibly easy to do, you just need to know what you are doing. When scoped, and strafing, if you want to come to an immediate stop with 100% accuracy, you need to let go of your strafe key and press the opposite one.

This works for every weapon in the game.

When using an automatic weapon, never hold your fire key unless you are in a close quarter situation and you are staring your enemy in the face. With the M4, Bullpup, or Famas equipped, firing no more than three shots is preferable. With the AK, SG-552, or Galil equipped, firing no more than two shots is preferable. This is because the CT specific weapons are more accurate, but are less powerful, he exact opposite of this is to be said for T specific weapons.

As far as sub-machine guns go, you really should avoid them in Vanilla game modes. But if the need (or want) for one arises, the P90 is really good for close-quarter maps such as Office; and the MP5 is better for long range maps like Dust because it is incredibly accurate, in fact, the MP5 is the most accurate automatic weapon in the game, but it's damage is quite poor.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 25/6/2010, 23:28

Guess I missed out on a bit D: Well, thanks Ninji! Knew I forgot something XD guess I should re-read my posts Razz and hey, I like the Deagle because it is shiny... XD
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 26/6/2010, 09:48

As the policemen, build a tactical shield, all team do this, then all team makes a big giant turtle that cant be killed.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 26/6/2010, 12:16

Thanks for the guide dudes, this will help me a lot.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 26/6/2010, 14:10

I haven't played CS:S yet but I did messed around with the files in Gmod. First thing I noticed when using the CS:S weapons where the cool hands (lol), the cool guns and how this was the first Valve game that had some serious recoil.

Anyway, does anyone has some nice CS:S servers for me? I prefer ones with newbs untill I get to know the game controls...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 26/6/2010, 14:56

Sgt Pepper wrote:I haven't played CS:S yet but I did messed around with the files in Gmod. First thing I noticed when using the CS:S weapons where the cool hands (lol), the cool guns and how this was the first Valve game that had some serious recoil.

Anyway, does anyone has some nice CS:S servers for me? I prefer ones with newbs untill I get to know the game controls...
I would say go to a DM server so that people won't rage and call you a noob when you're the last one playing and then you die.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 26/6/2010, 15:07

8.17.250.152:27015 - Crackhouse Deathblow - Very popular
66.151.138.30:27015 - 24/7 Office
67.215.240.140:27015 - Rotation - not popular, sadly :'(
66.151.138.51:27015 - 24/7 Office/Dust2 No Awps/Auto
66.151.138.41:27015 - Dust2 Deathmatch - Very popular
8.12.65.104:27015 - ScoutzKnivez
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 26/6/2010, 17:32

Nicobbq wrote:As the policemen, build a tactical shield, all team do this, then all team makes a big giant turtle that cant be killed.
That's CS. There're no riot shields in CS:S.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 26/6/2010, 19:23

its all about the maverick
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cake 29/6/2010, 14:03

I have been playing counter strike for 6 years now (not to mention this last half year, I've played lots of tf2 instead).

I'll just briefly tell what I know about EQUIPMENT only. I'd like to discuss about tactics but I'm not in the mood right now to explain everything extensively.

I can tell that a glock can be extremely useful in the pistol round. I know that it does minimal dmg but if you're good at headshotting at very close distances AND if you have very good reflexes, the glock with a HEgrenade and a flashbang can be deadly. Otherwise, I strongly advice you not to use a glock.

Deagles are in my opinion not overrated. It is one of the highest dmg dealing weapons in the game. I think that a single deagle headshot does 120-150dmg against a kevlar-helmet'ed enemy.

Usp's can kill an helmet'ed enemy with 2 headshots.

Five-seven requires 3 headshots to kill someone.

I advice you not to use the other pistols because they aren't worth using in my opinion.

-------
Sub-machine guns;

MP5 - The best secondary weapon in my opinion. The bad thing is that it only does around 10 dmg per hit I guess. You can look up how much dmg a weapon does actually, but I'll tell you the most important stuff to know.

P90 - I think the P90 is okay. But I'd rather wait and save money for an AK because the p90 is too expensive for a primary weapon.

You shouldn't use the other sub-machine guns.

----------------------------------------
Forget the shotguns and the machine gun. It is fun to mess around with but they can't inflict much dmg unless you're in a very close-range map like office.

---------------------------------------------
AK and M4A1 are the best weapons in general imho.
Ak requires 1 headshot to kill someone at any range. The recoil makes the weapon difficult to spray with, so aiming and doing one-shots is the best way to kill someone.
2x headshot with a m4a1 to kill someone...(1 headshot does about 88-98dmg).

The scout also is a great weapon which is definitely under rated. You can walk faster than with a knife with it, it instant kills with an headshot, it is silent and it is possible to shoot quite fast with it. 2x bodyshot to kill someone (around 52 dmg each hit).

The awp is the best weapon imho. 1 hit = 1 kill in the most cases. A hit in the leg results in about 90dmg I guess, but you're not aiming for the legs obviously. You walk slow, reloading is a pain in the ass and you have to stand still to do a precise shot. But this is why you use a deagle ;]

Grenades to finish off enemies which are almost dead
Smokes protect you from awp'ers
Flashbangs rape if well placed. You can blind someone for I think about 4 seconds which is enough to kill him.
Always buy defuse kits if you're sure that you can survive almost the whole round

My used equip sets;
Awp - deagle/usp - flash-smoke-he
The primary weapon always varies, but the secondary wep and the other equip is almost always the same if I can afford it. It all depends on how much money you have and with which weapons you are the most skilled with.

Sorry if I wrote something is not really clear or vague, my mind is a but ****ed up right now.
Cake
Cake
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down