Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes me a good Weaboo?

+9
Taco_Human
Vital
Young Greezy
Hoboapple
Epps
Socrates187
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Nicobbq
wtfisaboolet1234
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What makes me a good Weaboo? - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes me a good Weaboo?

Post by vladmirbsl69 1/7/2010, 14:00

Taco_Human wrote:I don't approve on anime but whatever floats your boat. Just don't spread your disease around.
What ever floats your boat. Just dont float in my ocean. What makes me a good Weaboo? - Page 2 Icon_razz
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 1/7/2010, 17:53

Eraserhead wrote:Why doesn't the demoman in the last pic not have a custom viewmodel?

Anyway i already knew about these models because the only girl in our clan (who now has left) also used them and she wanted a custom model to use ingame just like the hats. I started working on the soldier model but since she left i gave up. It's a lot of work because a player model consists of a lot of files and not to mention the files other players would have to download. I still want to try and port one of these models sometime. Another problem is the custom sound files which are about 40MB, i don't even know if the equipment manager plugin supports downloading custom sounds. I remember there were only two characters who had custom sounds, is that still a fact?

Yet another problem is that since Valve broke the equipment plugins we are having issues with certain models which show in black. Especially the models which are not hat models.

She does. I don't understand how your the 2nd person to say that one of em doesnt have a custom view model. The view model is what YOU SEE when your playing the guy, including his arms and etc. You cant see someone else's viewmodel from 3rd person view(IE: me looking at her). But yes she does have one, she has chains on her arm and black gloves, white skin. and when you use charge and targe/eyelander you can see her orb she has on her wrist. i can give a link to the new and released viewmodels if you wish.

Anyway yeah they do consist of alot of files, there is currently only 1 released voice file set and thats for soldier. its in english dialogue and in my opinion it sucks, but I still use it regardless because its better then the default soldier. I do have the dialogue(japanese) for demo and medic which i currently use, mainly because they're cute and better then original(I can link if you want).

regarding models that show in black im not sure why they would. maybe its because your telling the game to equip a hat that affects the whole character? or maybe the material part of the skin isint working correctly?

Edit:

I just looked at that screenshot you're talking about. if you look closey, at her glove, you can see a black glove with white skin. its just that simply the sticky launcher is fat and doesnt really show much of the demoman's arms.
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 2/7/2010, 09:13

Yes i looked at the picture again and i could only see the stickybomb launcher but i can see the glove now.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 2/7/2010, 09:20

Eraserhead wrote:Yes i looked at the picture again and i could only see the stickybomb launcher but i can see the glove now.

Do yew want any of the links to the sound files or anything? and I think you could try and do some of the touhou models, but mainly do the ones that look the most feminine/coolest. For example spy Nue looks bad ass with her wings and demo Suikia looks pretty feminine with the long hair. if you were to do like the heavy touhou one, well she doesnt exactly look that feminine, it would be hard to tell what that skin of the heavy was.

I personally wouldnt mind a demo suikia skin mr eraser with japanese dialogue on the server Wink

although im not gonna fork over money, im hoping I could do something to get it. anything at all really.
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 3/7/2010, 10:08

I will try to port the soldier or demo. This is the official page right? http://touhoufortress2.web.fc2.com/
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 3/7/2010, 11:20

Do the demo one for sure, the soldier ones are kinda bad, or do both if you'd like. but i'd say pick soldier reimu of the 3 soldier choices. I played with soldier utsuho for a bit but its hard to see behind her and headshot her cause of her gay cape lol

and yes thats the page
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 5/7/2010, 13:55

I worked on the Utsuho soldier because i had already downloaded that one. I succesfully decompiled it and changed file locations but when i want to compile it again i get this error:

- can't find eyeball texture "eyeball_r" on model

So i'm kind of stuck now. I did find the eyeball_r texture using GCFScape and placed it in some of the directories i would hope to be right but kept getting this error.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 5/7/2010, 23:57

Eraserhead wrote:I worked on the Utsuho soldier because i had already downloaded that one. I succesfully decompiled it and changed file locations but when i want to compile it again i get this error:

- can't find eyeball texture "eyeball_r" on model

So i'm kind of stuck now. I did find the eyeball_r texture using GCFScape and placed it in some of the directories i would hope to be right but kept getting this error.

Idk how to help you, I have no idea how to run servers or install skins on servers. might want to ask at some profeshunal forum
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 6/7/2010, 08:38

I will do some staring at the code at a later moment again. Maybe contact the guys who made the models.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 6/7/2010, 11:31

Eraserhead wrote:I will do some staring at the code at a later moment again. Maybe contact the guys who made the models.

Are you gonna do the view model for Utsuho(soldier) or Sukia(demo) as well? just wondering

and i'd say don't go with Utsuho, like I said her cape is annoying and blocks other's vision and its hard to headshot her from behind due to the cape. But then again its on the orange server which is non srs business, so i guess it's "ok" to do. I would still recommend soldier Reimu though, the other one whos green haired and wearing a school skirt is gey =\

btw remove sv_pure on the rotation server, its annoying and i like my skins Smile
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 6/7/2010, 11:44

I did not see separate files for the view model, now that you mention it and i've never done something like that before. Yes i'm not going with Utsuho but i was just testing, if i can't get this one to work i can't get the others to work. So this is just experimenting. btw if you can't donate you can try and take part in the spray contest? That way you can win your custom model.

Rotation server server.cfg:

sv_pausable "0"
sv_cheats "0"
sv_consistency "1"
sv_allowupload "1"
sv_allowdownload "1"
sv_timeout "300"
sv_pure "1"
sv_pure_kick_clients "1"
sv_alltalk "1"

This is the same as orange. I will look into this further and ask Jameless to take a look too. Maybe the whitelist is different.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 6/7/2010, 14:11

http://www.sentrygun.com/touhou/tf2/utsuhos_stuff/mirror3/tf_viewmodelpack_06_10_2010.rar

is the viewmodel pack link.

and yes i will try the spray contest
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 6/7/2010, 14:31

Can you test your skins on the rotation server now boolet?
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 6/7/2010, 14:53

jameless wrote:Can you test your skins on the rotation server now boolet?

yes it works now, thank you sir. now I can enjoy my weaboofagness on the rotation server

in other news notice how all the 2fort servers are disappearing? sad day Sad
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 6/7/2010, 16:49

wtfisaboolet1234 wrote:

yes it works now, thank you sir. now I can enjoy my weaboofagness on the rotation server

what? Why are they dissappering?
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 6/7/2010, 18:26

vladmirbsl69 wrote:
wtfisaboolet1234 wrote:

what? Why are they dissappering?

Because of your mo.... i mean IDK BRO
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2