Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARG's anyone? Marble Hornets?

4 posters

Go down

ARG's anyone? Marble Hornets? Empty ARG's anyone? Marble Hornets?

Post by Young Greezy 27/6/2010, 19:35

So today, I will be introducing to you newbs the wonderful world of ARG's. (I'm sure at least a few of you know about them). I found out about it all from the awesome threads at somethingawful.

And ARG is and Alternative Reality Game.

The Web Deifnition can be found right here

Basically, it's a story that uses the real world as a platform (AKA it tries to seem like the story actually happened), and has been posted online in any medium (In the case of the one I am posting, it comes in the form of youtube videos). The point of an ARG is for you to read/watch the material and piece together your own opinions and conclusions, as well as entertaining you with the plot. Marble Hornets (Just a title, has nothing to do with marbles or hornets) is considered one of the best ARG's available online. It is also incredibly creepy. It might give you nightmares.

It is based around this character. He is a myth created on the something awful forums. Seems kind of funny til you watch all the videos and response videos.

Go HERE to check out Marble Hornets. It's the scariest thing I've ever seen on the internet, and the most intriguing. Let's just say that I'm checking my back every ten seconds now.

SO IN CONCLUSION, this ARG will make you think, will scare you, and will entertain you. Afterwards, in case you're interested (anyone with a soul should at least be intrigued), other interesting ARG's include "Ted the Caver," and "This is my Milwaukee."

BY THE WAY GUYS - These things take time, don't expect to be finished in like 20 minutes. You don't have to do it all at once but it is quite absorbing, kind of like when you can't put down a good book.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

ARG's anyone? Marble Hornets? Empty Re: ARG's anyone? Marble Hornets?

Post by vladmirbsl69 27/6/2010, 19:47

OMG this is so cool. thank you greezy. <3. I have read stories like these. Like skeleton creek and its sequel Ghost in the Machine.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 28/6/2010, 01:03

Bump
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 3/7/2010, 16:47

always a fan of marble hornets
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 8/7/2010, 05:46

Watched every video, and it was quite the mind fuck.

Everyone, do as Greezy commands, watch these videos! Go for the "Suggested Viewing Order" for enhanced coherence.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum