Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to pick the right media player (semi-serious)

+5
UberLord
ninji
Socrates187
Nick
Epps
9 posters

Go down

How to pick the right media player (semi-serious) Empty How to pick the right media player (semi-serious)

Post by Epps 28/6/2010, 17:07

How to pick the right media player…

With all the Media players out there it might be hard to pick the right one. Well, not really. Media players are a lot like web browsers and certain media players get used more by certain people. In this guide I will help you choose between the most popular ones; Foobar, Winamp, Windows Media Player, iTunes, VLC, RealPlayer and Media Player Classic. All you have to do is look at the bigger texts and pick the one that fits you the most.

Ow hey, I didn’t knew we could play music on the computer!
STEP AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER! NOW SLOWLY SHUT IT DOWN AND NEVER TURN IT ON AGAIN, EVER! In other words, you are unworthy the PC you own and the media player you should use is Windows Media Player aka Windows Obsolete Resource Hog

DAMNIT MY RESOURCES ARE LOW AGAIN!
Too cheap to get a better PC, are you? Well either that or you act like some nerd who knows nothing about computers and how they work. There are two media players out that are that are ment for older computers/try to use at least as resources as possible. One of them is the unpopular Billy and the other one is called Foobar2000. Good luck finding all the features, you’ll need it!

I use Limewire and Napster lol
Since you are obsolete, why not use an obsolete media player? Windows Media Player and RealPlayer are perfect for you. Good luck finding non-spam things btw…

Look at my skins, my beautiful skins!
Aw yes, you are one of THOSE people… Well that means there is only one llama whippin’ media player suitable for you; WINAMP! In case you are looking for a cool skin, try ClassicPro which takes the best from both the old and new skin with low resource usage.

I actually buy music online!
I own an iPod, iPad or iPhone!
I sold my firstborn child to Apple!
I am a hipster!
I need eyecandy, lots of it! And a browser I didn’t asked for…

I could go on like this forever but let’s face it, if you don’t belong in any of the previous mentioned groups then the odds are that you are already using iTunes. Words cannot describe your pain when you try listening music and drawing in Photoshop at the same time but it’s worth of it, right?

I watch movies on my PC!
May I thank you on behalf the VLC and K-Lite Codec Pack team for using their awesome products to watch movies on? Let’s face it, all other programs SUCK at showing movies at their full capacity, not to mention the lousy HD support they often have. Anyway, good to know you found your video player, now go on and find your music player!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

How to pick the right media player (semi-serious) Empty Re: How to pick the right media player (semi-serious)

Post by Nick 28/6/2010, 17:22

Good guide
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

How to pick the right media player (semi-serious) Empty Re: How to pick the right media player (semi-serious)

Post by Socrates187 28/6/2010, 17:57

Winamp and VLC are all I use. Macfags suck.
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 28/6/2010, 18:13

I didn't told you guys what I use. Let's see if someone can guess it right....

WINNER WINS A HAT FOR $15/€15!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 28/6/2010, 18:21

Sgt Pepper wrote:I didn't told you guys what I use. Let's see if someone can guess it right....

WINNER WINS A HAT FOR $15/€15!

Winamp
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 28/6/2010, 18:35

And you guessed right!
Also, I use both the ClassicPro (CPro) skin and the Winamp essentials pack. Google them if you want, I'm on internetting my phone atm. As for movies I use both VLC and MPC because VLC sometimes has some problems with full HD and subs.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 28/6/2010, 19:02

VLC is fucking amazing. But not for prolonged music listening. I use WMP for my music in game, but VLC for literally everything else. I happen to have a Blu-Ray image of 2001 Space Odyssey on my computer, I don't have a Blu-Ray drive but VLC can play that shit!

Go VLC!
How to pick the right media player (semi-serious) Vlc
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 28/6/2010, 19:19

winamp > all
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by UberLord 28/6/2010, 19:28

I use windows media player if I EVER do. I have an mp3 player for music, and for video's I use a dvd player.
UberLord
UberLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 28/6/2010, 19:34

Media Player Classic is the one I use. The K-Lite Codec pack is very nice... it's free, and you never have to wonder if you'll be able to open any given media file.

That being said, I do occasionally usually use Windows Media Player. It's isn't that bad, but it seems more user-friendly and less reliable than MPC (like most Window stuff).
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 28/6/2010, 19:55

online music player/torrent>all
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 28/6/2010, 20:37

ninji wrote:VLC is fucking amazing. But not for prolonged music listening. I use WMP for my music in game, but VLC for literally everything else. I happen to have a Blu-Ray image of 2001 Space Odyssey on my computer, I don't have a Blu-Ray drive but VLC can play that shit!
Of course it can play it Blue-Ray images, it's only data that's already stored on your PC :/

Lord Zurkov wrote:Media Player Classic is the one I use. The K-Lite Codec pack is very nice... it's free, and you never have to wonder if you'll be able to open any given media file. That being said, I do occasionally usually use Windows Media Player. It's isn't that bad, but it seems more user-friendly and less reliable than MPC (like most Window stuff).
Codec pack is perfect because unlike VLC, these codecs can be used by other programs which is a must if you do video or audio editing. WMP also uses these codecs if you installed it and sure, it is nicely integreated with any windows version but still, winamp + media keys = heaven.

vladmirbsl69 wrote:online music player/torrent>all
Wait until you get a decent audio setup; an expensive headset, 60 watt stereo system or surround set. Then you will know why streaming music SUCKS. Also while speaking for americans; download cap + shitty speed = laggy music.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 28/6/2010, 21:00

I have no download cap Very Happy
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 28/6/2010, 22:26

winamp is great, but it's path resolution isn't well handled.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/7/2010, 14:37

Sorry for necroposting but i missed this topic. I use Gomplayer and i recommend it. It plays a lot of formats and i have not needed to install any codecs before.

www.gomlab.com

We will be buying one of these soon to watch movies:

www.popcornhour.com
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down