Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new favorite map is cp_egypt.

5 posters

Go down

My new favorite map is cp_egypt. Empty My new favorite map is cp_egypt.

Post by Taco_Human 30/6/2010, 16:37

So I was playing the other day extremely under the influence, and it came to my mind to use the Scottish Resistance. I thought this weapon sucked at first, because I could never get any kills and the timer delay sucked. Turns out this weapon ain't half bad. It's only half bad cause it sucks for offense. For defense? Awesome. Egypt became my favorite for the moment because there are so many doorways and so many spots to lay traps in. My best record so far is 4 kills (traps) in a row without setting any new ones.

I tried playing with it in other maps, and most results were bad. The last map I loved was cp_gorge and that map is terrible to play with the sco-res. Even on defense.

So yeah, tl;dr I wanna get better with the Scottish Resistance because I love kills from very far away shaking my [the demoman's] ass around.
Taco_Human
Taco_Human

Back to top Go down

My new favorite map is cp_egypt. Empty Re: My new favorite map is cp_egypt.

Post by Lord Zurkov 30/6/2010, 17:31

I prefered the Sco-Res over the vanilla sticky launcher... until they "buffed" it for sticky-jumping, and made it useless for fragging in the process. I can't tell you how many Sco-Res Demos I've fragged by knocking a couple of their stickies under their feet.

Last edited by Lord Zurkov on 30/6/2010, 17:39; edited 1 time in total
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 30/6/2010, 17:37

Same here, Sco-Res used to be a gift from the gods but suddenly I noticed it sucking (changes?) so I went back to my regular sticky launcher. Then again, most of the unlockable demo weapons suck;
Charge 'n Targe -> no sticky's!
Eyelander -> No crits, less HP pretty much useless without targe.
Pain train -> more damage from bullets, yet a perfect weapon for CP maps when you there is a medic.
Skullcutter -> -20% moving speed but more damage.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 30/6/2010, 17:42

I love the Targe. I found stickies too fiddly to use well, especially when I can pwn everything with my Grenade Launcher anyway. The damage resistance, speed boost, and melee crits are an excellent bonus.
Sgt Pepper wrote:Eyelander -> No crits, less HP pretty much useless without targe.
You kidding? If you intercept a Targelander and behead him with your Eyelander, you get whatever heads he had in addition to the head you get for the frag... which means that the Eyelander is more useful when you don't have the Targe.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 30/6/2010, 18:29

If you're an excellent player (not saying I am), then you'll find stickies far more versatile. Targelander kind of kills an important element of the demoman's gameplay, because it really makes him a self centered teammate, as opposed to someone who protects the team.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 30/6/2010, 19:00

Young Greezy wrote:If you're an excellent player (not saying I am), then you'll find stickies far more versatile. Targelander kind of kills an important element of the demoman's gameplay, because it really makes him a self centered teammate, as opposed to someone who protects the team.
You can be a team player while using a Targe... although the Eyelander does remove most of the lethal potential that melee damage usually carries, and initially makes you rather fragile. I personally prefer the Bottle, since it provides random crits and no health or movement penalties (although the Pain Train's health penalty is negligible, so it's worth using whenever possible).

The Targe essentially makes you into a bizarre version of a DH/Gunboat/Equalizer Soldier: your "Direct Hit" has lower speed, range, and damage, but has no damage falloff and grants indirect fire capabilities; your "Gunboats" additionally protect you from enemy explosive and fire damage, and reduce offensive self-damage as well; and your "Equalizer" carries you much faster for short periods, with the ability to reliably inflict massive damage regardless of your current health.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/6/2010, 20:11

I was playing with the SR yesterday and i noticed it's great for defending the last cp on orange because you can place 14 stickies with the SR instead of the regular 8 so you can make multiple defensive lines the enemy has to cross before reaching the point and then leave a nice surprise for them on the point itself Smile .

Although i hate the delay, it's very hard to kill enemies in an offensive way like Taco said, it only works when making stickytraps. Demoman is designed to be a defensive class but in reality (just look at how demoman play in competitive games) he is both offensive and defensive when using the normal stickies. I still like the way how he shakes his rump though.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down