Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did your in-game name come from?

+17
Jonesie|UKCS|
Epps
Vital
LieuTennet
Siphex
hyce777
Eraserhead
ninji
Lord Zurkov
Google
RustyPan
Young Greezy
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Nick
wtfisaboolet1234
vladmirbsl69
jameless
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where did your in-game name come from? Empty Where did your in-game name come from?

Post by jameless 30/6/2010, 22:44

So I noticed a question pop up a few times lately that has gotten me wondering about some name choices myself. So hopefully we can have some fun and explain why we have chosen our in-game names. I will start it off.

Jameless - When I was a teenager, I did some pretty crazy, dangerous, ignorant, insane things and said lots of stuff to match. I had a way with words that seemed to call people an asshole but in a way that they thanked me for it. My one friend noticed this behavior of mine and said that even though I don't try to be a jerk, I am one naturally. It's in my blood. He said that my actions and words were shameless. He constantly called me shameless until one day when we were blitzed he combined my first name (Jamie, James, Jim, whatever the fuck starts with J and has an m in it) with shameless. This resulted in the nickname Jameless that follows me to this day and beyond.

tl;dr: Jamie + shameless = Jameless

cheers
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Where did your in-game name come from? Empty Re: Where did your in-game name come from?

Post by vladmirbsl69 30/6/2010, 22:47

well i have had about 10 ingame names. Vlad came from an old server where i used to play with a lot of people on. And my name was vlad the renegade angel. then we had a fad about foods and someone said banana for me. then i came to pulp and i decided not to change my name back

tl;dr vlad + food = vlad the banana
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Where did your in-game name come from? Empty Re: Where did your in-game name come from?

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 30/6/2010, 22:49

Literally the first thought that popped into my head when I first played L4D was "What the fuck is a bullet?"

true story bro
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 30/6/2010, 22:51

I was Chuck Norris, then I shortened it to Chuck cuz I was tired of the shitty Chuck Norris jokes, I tried Nick a while since it was my real name but then my friends list didn't know who I was until they viewed aliases, so I switched back to Chuck, then shortly after Chuckbbq
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 30/6/2010, 22:53

my name was just "adam" for the longest time.

i just got bored, so i changed it.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 30/6/2010, 23:05

Well I'm one of the only Italians around my immediate area, and a while back, my friends kept making reference to the stereotypical "Greasy Italian." So this shortened to greasy. It wasn't like they called me greasy, but more like, "hey you greasy Italian," or, "whoa, don't get too much grease on the basketball when you shoot it." Shit like that.

Okay so the other half is that I'm awesome and chill as shit, and gangsta' to the core right, so I'm kinda like the rapper Young Jeezy. (Don't actually know any of his songs.)

So one day last summer-ish, a couple of my friends and I were talking about what we would call ourselves if we were rappers right (which will never happen). I was like, hm, gotta be something to do with greasiness.... YOUNG GREEZY! And everyone was like "oh nice." So yeah that's me.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyPan 30/6/2010, 23:09

well, my name was afroman.....cuz i had a jewfro....but it got old so then i had an IDEA! instead of have a CREATIVE name, y not just use an adjective and a noun and see what i get! so i started with crispyTofu, then i made SourSalmon, and then i stumbled upon my favorite name Rusty............Nail, I am not a rustyPan in heart, i actually use rustyNail in every other game i play but if i havent told u my account was hacked and steams way of fixing it was to delete my account....cuz u kno u cant hack an account if its not there. So my friend had a steam account that he nvr used and i was to lazy to make a new account so as respect for me stealing it from him i combined our names, mine being rustyNail and his being Panbill.....THUS CREATING A RUSTYPAN!!!!
RustyPan
RustyPan
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 30/6/2010, 23:13

Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 30/6/2010, 23:32

Lord Zurkov wrote:"Zurkov" (as I came up with it) actually does have a sort of meaning to it.

It comes from the German word "Zurückkauft" meaning "redeem" (although it doesn't carry the connotation that I originally intended).
Players had a lot of trouble pronouncing it, so I corrupted it to "Zurkauft" and later to "Zurkov".
I still miss the diacritic mark...

As a bonus, I stylized a symbol of the name (as seen in my usual avatar and on Steam) which I think came out quite well.
I find it very useful for my personalized avatars — no borrowed/stolen/cannibalized avatars for me! ^_^
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 30/6/2010, 23:38

When in KROSS my name was ninjaPANDA. Been that way for about 2 1/2 years, maybe. And I have this friend, RpTheHotrod, you can see him in my friends list, he decided to call me "NinjiPandie". It never stuck as my Steam name, but when I left KROSS I wanted to change my name. I didn't particularly want the "Pandie" part so I scrapped it, and lowered the initial "N".

And here we are.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 1/7/2010, 00:05

Eraserhead is a very disturbing movie made 1 year after i was born in 1976 by David Lynch: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/

He is known from his most famous film The Elephant man and the bizarre series Twin Peaks. Other well known movies are Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet and Dune.

The movie itself is very disturbing and i would not recommend you watch it if you are not used to watching cult horror films.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 1/7/2010, 00:24

Eraserhead wrote:Eraserhead is a very disturbing movie made 1 year after i was born in 1976 by David Lynch: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074486/

He is known from his most famous film The Elephant man and the bizarre series Twin Peaks. Other well known movies are Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet and Dune.

The movie itself is very disturbing and i would not recommend you watch it if you are not used to watching cult horror films.
Ive only see parts of this movie i saw the part where he starts killling the baby and his dream. Made me not wanna watch the other parts of the movie.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 1/7/2010, 01:44

jameless wrote:I don't try to be a jerk, I am one naturally. It's in my blood.

Bullshit. Well I guess I don't know you in person, but all I know about you is that you are for sure one of the nicest people I have ever met. You put up with shit from everyone, but yet you balance your work, family life and TF2 perfectly... Jameless is in NO WAY a jerk, as far as I've seen.

Anyways, my name... Hyce, is essentially a shortened version of Hyacinth, the world's largest parrot. I like macaws, they're really interesting. So I just made my name Hyce.

And no, it is not Hi-C as some have seen. You can call me that if you like. I don't really care, lol.

hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 1/7/2010, 03:17

hyce777 wrote:
jameless wrote:I don't try to be a jerk, I am one naturally. It's in my blood.

Bullshit. Well I guess I don't know you in person, but all I know about you is that you are for sure one of the nicest people I have ever met. You put up with shit from everyone, but yet you balance your work, family life and TF2 perfectly... Jameless is in NO WAY a jerk, as far as I've seen.
/sums it up quite nicely
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Siphex 1/7/2010, 05:22

The day I was born, a storm was terrorizing the lands and its mighty winds made the continent tremble. As the trees fell and the mountains cracked they called the name "Siphex".

Siphex
Siphex
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 1/7/2010, 06:39

Thanks guys. Some of those comments about me being a jerk and all were from a time ago before my wife and kids brought a joy into my life I thought not possible. I am a much more pleasant person to deal with since I found reasons to be.

But I do appreciate it. Smile
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Siphex 1/7/2010, 08:31

Like on your avatar, left side = no family, right side = family.

How poetical... Poetical Siphex...
Siphex
Siphex
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 1/7/2010, 08:48

So when I was like 10 or so I met this kid (whos a total douche fag and stuff) and I hung out with him once, his last name was Tenant... Back in the Red Alert days of awesome I wanted a name and thought about that kid's last name and typo'd it.
THEN last year I was playing in NBD's server and as a common question I'd hear "Hey Tennet is your name from Lieutenant?" (yes i know the proper spelling...) so eventually while talking to Jonesie I decided to start using LieuTennet for FPS games.
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vital 1/7/2010, 11:13

jameless wrote:Thanks guys. Some of those comments about me being a jerk and all were from a time ago before my wife and kids brought a joy into my life I thought not possible. I am a much more pleasant person to deal with since I found reasons to be.

But I do appreciate it. Smile

This guy pulling your leg! Don't believe him! I'm getting constant strange gameplay when I'm in there sniping and he's ONLINE on steam! And then 2 second later after these strange abuses I get a steam chat from him with LOLOLOLOLOL from him, FROM HIM!!! The horror!
Vital
Vital
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 1/7/2010, 11:59

LieuTennet wrote:So when I was like 10 or so I met this kid (whos a total douche fag and stuff) and I hung out with him once, his last name was Tenant... Back in the Red Alert days of awesome I wanted a name and thought about that kid's last name and typo'd it.
THEN last year I was playing in NBD's server and as a common question I'd hear "Hey Tennet is your name from Lieutenant?" (yes i know the proper spelling...) so eventually while talking to Jonesie I decided to start using LieuTennet for FPS games.

In Canada, some crazy ass nationalists would pronounce your name, "Lef-tennant" because that's technically how the british say it and we're supposed to follow them. Sound so stupid though.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 1/7/2010, 12:03

Lieutenant is french though lol
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 1/7/2010, 12:33

Sgt Pepper; this one came from the Beatles album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Picked it when I was 13 and a major Beatles addict (have all their records on vinyl!)
Epps; Jonesie's idea because Sgt Pepper somehow relates to Epps o.o
..::HEADSHOT NINJA::.. ; use this one on other servers when I play sniper, only do bodyshots on purpose and say "Boom, HEADHSHOT!" every time I kill someone.

IRL I used to have the nickname Pervboy because I often act like a huge pervert, not that my female friends are complaining...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 1/7/2010, 14:16

Sgt Pepper wrote:Sgt Pepper; this one came from the Beatles album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Picked it when I was 13 and a major Beatles addict (have all their records on vinyl!)
Epps; Jonesie's idea because Sgt Pepper somehow relates to Epps o.o
..::HEADSHOT NINJA::.. ; use this one on other servers when I play sniper, only do bodyshots on purpose and say "Boom, HEADHSHOT!" every time I kill someone.

IRL I used to have the nickname Pervboy because I often act like a huge pervert, not that my female friends are complaining...
I must say, Sgt Pepper is the most common name I have seen online

..::HEADSHOT NINJA::.. you win

Pervboy is pretty slick though, I bet the babes are all over you with that.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 1/7/2010, 14:27

I used Beratta for like a year. Then when I played TF2 with my couzin, Bozzy Bozbourne, he started calling me Jonesie, my last name is Jones. So, I put my in-game name as Jonesie. Then, I started playing on the ol' IKtR Orange server, everybody was calling me Jonesie Boy, then 2 months later, I changed my name back to Jonesie, and stuck with it ever since!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by FUBAR 1/7/2010, 15:47

FUBAR - short for: Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition , it's a abbreviation used mostly by the army , in the movie 'saving private ryan ( total epic movie ) ' there is a scene that explains it all .

other names i used in the past are - Pink Mamba , Dr. Death , and - Step Aside Butch ( Pulp Fiction )
FUBAR
FUBAR
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next