Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JameLess for admin please hear me out

+4
Firestar
Tendo
Furgus
jameless
8 posters

Go down

JameLess for admin please hear me out Empty JameLess for admin please hear me out

Post by jameless 6/1/2010, 22:38

Tonight there are 3 griefers playing on the server and we don't have any admins around to manage the situation. I'm not complaining because I understand that the admins we have do have lives other than TF2.

What I am proposing, however, is that although we have a freeze on admin applications. I would like to become an admin. I am almost always at my computer working or otherwise and always logged into steam. I wouldn't mind hopping onto the server to quickly knock out some people that are making our server look bad. I live GMT -5 so I don't know how that applies into what times all other admins are available but I would love to have a more proactive role in maintaining the image of our clan.

Please let me know if this is possible.

If full admin is not possible at least the ability to kick/ban someone who is creating an issue. Please trust me I do not wish to abuse this in any way.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

JameLess for admin please hear me out Empty Re: JameLess for admin please hear me out

Post by Furgus 6/1/2010, 22:39

We have to many admins right now. So you will just be added to the waiting list.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

JameLess for admin please hear me out Empty Re: JameLess for admin please hear me out

Post by jameless 7/1/2010, 00:09

I hear ya. Even if it isn't considered to be "admin", perhaps just kick/ban capabilities? We have a griefer on there right now chasing out people who actually want to play. We won't be able to keep the server full this way.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 7/1/2010, 00:22

I was playing with Jameless when these griefers were here...

Mudkip {G4M}" STEAM_0:0:27379973 10:24 100 0 active
-[H]-Spiral_Energy{G4M}" STEAM_0:0:17600234 10:31 115 0 active

And we couldnt play a real game, because they would sit in spawn, and build shit. They would also tell public gamers they were gonna ban them, etc etc. They harasses my friend, and ruined the game for some of our reg's, who got stuck with them. We eventually Votebaned them, but they left before everyone said yes, and came back a little while later.

http://drop.io/GriefersInOurServer [Griefers on tape]

James says he doesnt need 'full admin', just the ability to kick and ban. It may do nothing typing this, but i think we should get 'minor' admins. Something not on the motd, just with basic law-keeping tools. I know we've got 5 admins, but some of you guys are in other countries, so the time is obviously off. And the ones that are there, can be away or somthing else.

If not James, then a clan member who is on a lot... firestar or James or whoever.

The problem with having too many admins is power control, so if your concerned about that, then just remember its only minor. These 'under-cover' admins will only use when it gets really bad... a spammer or something can be delt with with votes. grievers leave before votes are finished.

----How to play video----
-C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\account\team fortress 2\tf
-In game, Playdemo "grief"
(its short. just me in spec showing how they put their stuff in a bunch and sit there)
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 7/1/2010, 00:48

Oh man, Mudkip and Spiral? I knida know them; They like to pull pranks and aren't always fair players; I just don't think anyone really let them know that it was against rules. I think we just need more admins in American-ish timezones...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 7/1/2010, 03:11

ALL I CAN SAY IS:

BAN MUDKIP AND SPIRAL.

LAST NIGHT ON MY SERVER, SPIRAL ENERGY PERMANENTLY BANNED FOUR USERS FROM OUR SERVER, WITH NO REASON TO DO SO. TWO ARE MEMBERS OF OUR CLAN. MUDKIP IS HIS FRIEND, AND WHEN THEY ARE TOGETHER, THEY ARE A PROBLEM.

Mudkip and Spiral were only there because I was there, and they find annoying me fun. Ban them, please.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 7/1/2010, 11:45

How can he have banned people on your server Hyce, voteban?

Anyway i have banned them both.

We will promote some people to junior admins soon. Good idea.

We already had this topic about it:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/general-discussions-f5/becoming-a-member-t55.htm

Also, thanks for your application Jameless. See the timezones for other admins here:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/want-to-be-an-admin-f2/admins-timezones-contibutions-t19.htm

I will look at the video later.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda 7/1/2010, 16:37

I'm in American Time zone so if you need an minor admin spot I'll be up for it
Very Happy Very Happy
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 7/1/2010, 16:51

Yeah minor admins are a very good idea
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 7/1/2010, 18:39

Like I said before we should wait on the admins. We have to many admins. I think I'm first in the waiting list and as much as I would like to be admin. I think we should hold off. Until we get more members.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 7/1/2010, 19:52

I know that the admin number is an issue... and it does look weird to me too. Though, how many server owners are from other countries? Its a unique issue that is gonna be weird to deal with.

We've got a growing community, and it would look weird to have more admins showing up, but with the time zones, it seems things are out of sorts.

It would be logical for the people who have been waiting for admin the longest get it... almost like a trial, and we get jackass-protection while we're at it.

I think im too into this Rolling Eyes

Also, i think we can hold the applications until the head's find out a good way to go about selecting. Not to push anyone down, but just keep your pants on Laughing
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 7/1/2010, 19:57

Tendo wrote:It would be logical for the people who have been waiting for admin the longest get it... almost like a trial, and we get jackass-protection while we're at it.

I like the trial thing, but I'm sorta going for whoever deserves it..

Tendo wrote:keep your pants on

THEN STOP TAKING MINE OFF Sad
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 7/1/2010, 20:21

Hey I'm just happy my app got so much buzz...lots of viewing and lots of posts. Even though it wasn't about me so much, it makes it so we can tell people care about Pulp. All I really care about anyway is that some movement towards picking admins that spread across all time zones can happen. Whether that involves me becoming one or not. In the end I just want to play the game and not have to deal with people spoiling it for the rest of us. Wink
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 7/1/2010, 20:22

Rock on
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down