Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update killing your fps? No worries mate!

+2
Jonesie|UKCS|
wtfisaboolet1234
6 posters

Go down

Update killing your fps? No worries mate! Empty Update killing your fps? No worries mate!

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 11/7/2010, 18:00

Credit goes to http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356735

1: If you have any custom content, take your "tf" folder and drag it to anywhere, like your desktop. as long as its out of the "Team Fortress 2" folder
2: Delete your "Team Fortress 2 Folder"
3: Start up Tf2
4: It will take a minute for the game to remake the files, after tf2 starts merge your old tf folder that you took out with the new one
5: Wa-la, more fps. I think its from the old cache files from the previous updates that shits your fps down alot.

helped me gain like 20 fps and the kritz affect doesnt affect me as much Very Happy

plus now I can use even more higher detail to see my anime girl skins :')
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Update killing your fps? No worries mate! Empty Re: Update killing your fps? No worries mate!

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 12/7/2010, 13:43

This has to be the first and last useful thread that Bullet has made!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Update killing your fps? No worries mate! Empty Re: Update killing your fps? No worries mate!

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 12/7/2010, 15:39

Jonesie wrote:This has to be the first and last useful thread that Bullet has made!

what about the engy thread you son of a b...asket of apples?
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 12/7/2010, 16:34

Hmmm, Bitch isn't censored with basket of apples, I hoped it was Sad Anyways, this is a nice thread. My FPS was in the toilet anyways xD This might help Very Happy
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by wtfisaboolet1234 12/7/2010, 23:12

Havik wrote:Hmmm, Bitch isn't censored with basket of apples, I hoped it was Sad Anyways, this is a nice thread. My FPS was in the toilet anyways xD This might help Very Happy

but i herd yew dont play no more tf2... or your not active in the clan. dont remember which.
wtfisaboolet1234
wtfisaboolet1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Taco_Human 13/7/2010, 11:21

Thanks a lot bullet, I just did that but I have yet to test it cause I have a DVD burning right now.
Taco_Human
Taco_Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Siphex 13/7/2010, 12:29

Last update increased my fps by almost an avarage 40fps, when I first started tf2 after engineer update was released I though I had joined one of those goofy hyper-speeded servers where everything goes faster than normal because all animations were playing so fast but after changing server a few times I realized my fps had increased from a steady 100fps to 120-200fps.

Don't know why some people get lower fps by updates the only update that has every messed with my fps was the Solly vs. Demo Update but that was fixed a few patches later.
Siphex
Siphex
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 13/7/2010, 13:32

Oftentimes with updates, they'll release little patches that optimize performance with certain types of processors, graphics cards, etc. Perhaps you've had a performance boost a couple of times.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Taco_Human 13/7/2010, 13:37

I don't think it made much of a difference for me. The new maps are pretty huge so it stays the same for me.
Taco_Human
Taco_Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down