Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one?

+4
jameless
Eraserhead
Tendo
Epps
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one? Empty My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one?

Post by Epps 11/1/2010, 11:59

Yes people, every computer mouse has an expiration date and the expiration date of my old Logitec mouse is near.

I remember the day she came into my life. I was twelve and my grandfather gave me his computer because he didn’t understood a thing about how to use it. It was the best PC I’ve ever had. A stunning 256MB RAM, a 64MB video card from nVIDIA and a hard disc that was bigger then anything I’ve had ever seen before: 6.4GB. The best thing however was that the mouse was a brand new Logitec mouse that didn’t had a ball inside it.

For the first time in my life I could play Command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun without a loading time of 5 minutes and most importantly, without a mouse that would stop working every time a hair went inside it. I was the happiest kid in the world and even after switching PC’s 2 times I decided to keep her instead of the mouse that came with it.

Recently however, her health went backwards. She sometimes started to make random movements to the top left by herself, did not register movements every now and then and even started to lag. Her scroll wheel gets stuck every now and then and sometimes she keeps on scrolling which causes my weapon to change every half a second, not to mention how hard it is to browse the web like that.

Because of this I’ll be needing a new mouse because heavy usage of a laptop doesn’t go well with the touchpad, let alone gaming. Thursday my new shipment of money will arrive on my bank account making it possible for me to get a new and better one. After paying all my bills and planned spendings such as my new glasses I will keep about €70 ($100). Since I want to buy other things as well I’m willing/able to spend a maximum of €25 on a new mouse ($35).

So, any idea’s on which mouse I should get? Please keep in mind that I live in the Netherlands, Europe and not in the US like some of you tend to think.

My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one? Dead_m10
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one? Empty Re: My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one?

Post by Tendo 11/1/2010, 12:44

I've got an idea... I have wanted this for all of its binds. Call it overkill, but i call it awesome. 17 buttons to assign to anything. Made for mmo's orignally, but its good for binds, in-game. No more mouse wheel for you, everythings just a click away.

My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one? Naga

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga/
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one? Empty Re: My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one?

Post by Eraserhead 11/1/2010, 13:27

yes Razer, is the best choice for a FPS gamer. I have this one: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-lachesis/

with this: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mousing-surfaces/razer-destructor/

And i have no regrets, but i agree with Tendo that more buttons on the sides are wonderful. The Lachesis had two on each side, i use the two on the right for reloading and switching to the last weapon used. The ones on the right i don't use since i would have to use my pinky and thats really undoable in a fast paced action game, dunno why they designed it like that. On youtube you can see video reviews of these Razer mice by real geeks.

For ordering your mouse in the netherlands i advice this shop: http://www.muizenshop.nl/
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/1/2010, 14:16

Am I the only one who is using a standard mousepad and a standard mouse?!
Maybe that's why my aim is off so much....
Then again, I'm a casual gamer who only plays about 2 hours a day. That is without the time I spent messing around with GTA SA and the textures of that game. I always like it when I enter the Gendo-burger for a Third Impact-meal...

That site looks nice, although I see a lot of bad ratings. the site only scores a 5.5/10 on a site that allows you to check multiple shops at once. That and they don't have anything that makes me go all 'I NEED THAT MOUSE!'

However, I think I'm going to buy the Trust Laser Mouse MI-6970C (dutch link). I can't find any complaints about it and for the low price of €19 it is in my price range. That and I know from my own experience that Trust makes decent gear (except for routers, audio devices and wi-fi).
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 11/1/2010, 14:31

I use a standard keyboard and mouse too. Embarassed The only issue I have with some gaming mice is where the place the buttons on the side. I tend to click them when I don't mean to and it messes my game up. Maybe one day I'll get myself something nice. We'll see.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/1/2010, 15:00

I ordered the mentioned mouse. If it isn't anything good I can always return it =D
Anyway, I will recieve it tomorrow (gotta love the fast shipment of bol.com) so I'll be trying it out on the server tomorrow.

I never really had any experience with sidebuttons. I used to have a mouse on the family pc that had them but the sidebuttons were placed in a weird way so they couldn't really be used without having to find them.

The one I have ordered has 5 buttons, left, middle (scroll), right and two sidebuttons on the left side. The scrollwheel also can be tilted to left or right to scroll to the left or rigth, so that makes a total of 7 keys to bind.
I can switch bitween 800dpi (normal mouse) and 1600dpi. In other words, I won't have to adjust while using it to work with windows xD

i wonder what I will bind to the extra buttons. At the moment I've got RTD binded on center click (MOUSE3). That still leaves me with 4 keys to bind (left scroll, right scroll, side1, side2). Any idea's?
I;m thinking of putting the voicecommand for doing a battletaunt to on. I like to use it as a cloaked spy to piss off snipers and make them all paranoid so my teammates can come in without getting a bullut trough their head...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 11/1/2010, 15:04

I like Eraserhead's idea of reload and last weapon switch. That takes care of 2 with 2 to go. I would use voice chat on 1 and medic on the other. Eliminates a lot of keyboard reaching.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 11/1/2010, 16:10

At the moment I have a 'pad' made from the keys surrounding WASD. I can use these without any problem at all thanks for the fact that I use three to four fingers at a time for it so these keys don't have to change for me.
My mouse is dying TT.TT Any ideas for a new one? Map10
I was thinking of changing F to "Ubercharge Ready" and V to "Battle Taunt"...
Ow well, I guess the best way to fund out is by just trying to use it. Trail and error, the way how we all learn to play games.

Edit: V is voice

Last edited by Sgt Pepper on 11/1/2010, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 11/1/2010, 18:59

That razor mouse should be a cellphone.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 11/1/2010, 20:45

My old Razer Habu was comfortable, but it broke so easily. I miss my side keys, and i want to get another one with extra buttons.
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 11/1/2010, 20:58

The mouse you ordered seems good enough. What i forgot to mention is that for serious gaming mice you need a corderd lasermouse. No cordless crap, because that is just a littlebit delayed and prone to interruptions. Laser is the most accurate. My Razer is 4000 dpi and has a switch on top so i can change it ingame but i never use that. I currently use 2500 dpi, 4000 is crazy, on tick and your whole world spins around you. Way too sensitive.

The sidebuttons are great and that way i have bound R to ubercharge ready and the last weapon used switch is much better then buttons 1-5 (which i also use of course) becaus in the midst of battle you can allways resort very fast to another weapon.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 11/1/2010, 22:05

....I'm using a laptop, so that's a generic keyboard, and a mouse I got for free in a laptop deal... It's a wireless laptop mouse, about 3 1/2 inches long... It randomly spazzes out, and you'll often see me, usually on the sides of the (orange_x3) tower, looking down/toward the wall, trying to find which way is up...
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 11/1/2010, 22:14

I have a cordless mouse with laser. And its pretty good. I dominate people really easily. mmmmm So maybe if I use a cord mouse maybe I will be unstobably awesome. THERE COULD ONLY BE ONE!!!!nicobbq
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 12/1/2010, 08:59

Nice to hear that it wasn't a bad idea to buy it.

I wouldn't use a cordless mouse. What's the point of having a cordless mouse on a laptop? Look at me, I have a cordless mouse for a total distance of... 10~20 cm! Besides, I allready get too much interferance when playing my bass guitar (wifi, cell phones, old wires in the wall) tongue
I also have bad expierences with cordless mouses and how they tend to eat every battery you have. Rechargebles often give not enough voltage so they go out even faster. A cordless mouse costs more then a corded one and with all the batteries you'll need you'll end up with enough money to buy a secend ext hd....
Did I mentioned how mine is full? 1TB, full! Ow well, they only cost €80 in shops these days.

Now if only TNT would hurry up... I don't care if there's snow on the roads, I don't care how they always get here aroun 16:00, I went them here NOW (14:00)
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/1/2010, 09:03

I do use a cordless mouse on my laptop just because it's small and i have less wires on my desk, also it takes up less space in my bag when travelling. But it sucks for gaming. The battery works fine for about 2 months and its only one penlite.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 12/1/2010, 09:03

I can't do wireless mice. The batteries always give out just as I'm trying to duck sniper shots. Evil or Very Mad
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 12/1/2010, 09:11

Eraserhead wrote:I do use a cordless mouse on my laptop just because it's small and i have less wires on my desk, also it takes up less space in my bag when travelling. But it sucks for gaming. The battery works fine for about 2 months and its only one penlite.
When I'm on the road with my laptop I use the touchpad cause I won't be doing any heavy usage when I'm not at home. When I take it to friends it's mainly because I have a HDMI exit so we can watch movies and anime in a very nice big resolution (which is btw how I download all my things).
Besides, I don't think you use that mouse that often then. However, my last cordless mouse was about 8 years ago so things might have changed a lot...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/1/2010, 09:18

I use that mouse all day when working, at least 6-8 hours. When playing TF2 i resort to my other pc with Razer mouse.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 12/1/2010, 10:43

Sensitive mouse is sensitive!
Now to find out how to bind those extra keys in steam games...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/1/2010, 10:45

Just do that from the standard controls options menu.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 12/1/2010, 11:31

Well there where some problems. It didn't really liked my tilt scroll and for some reason it wouldn't detect mouse4 and mouse5. Now I've downloaded a program called X-Mouse Button which you can use remap every key on the mouse. Best thing about that program is that you can use differant settings for every program on your computer(!). It also has room for 5 differant layers for every program, so basicly the sky is the limit. Differant layers for when you're playing engineer or spy, sounds usefull to me Very Happy

Anyway it worked, just tested it on the pulp server where two Russians were telling me to leave pulp. Weird Russians with their vodka. I want some vodka as well!
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 12/1/2010, 11:37

Hmm sounds like we need to kick some russian ass! bounce
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda 12/1/2010, 13:38

I need a new mouse but I need the money to get one so I need to wait awhile so I'll be back here once I get a good keyboard and a mouse my keyboard needs more of a repair than anything because it's spacebar wobbles back and forth like a seasaw.
Panda
Panda

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 12/1/2010, 20:43

Eraserhead wrote:Hmm sounds like we need to kick some russian ass! bounce

NOOOO RUSSIANS ARE AWESOME
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 12/1/2010, 22:52

You're not a real man until you use this:
Spoiler:
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next