Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i'm almost afraid to post this here, but....

+4
LieuTennet
vladmirbsl69
Tidelag
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
8 posters

Go down

i'm almost afraid to post this here, but.... Empty i'm almost afraid to post this here, but....

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 19/7/2010, 02:15

as i'm sure many of you know, the public education in America is constantly being threatened by intellectual lightweights. people that take the word of an ancient book over published findings, applicable research, and down-to-earth common sense. from what i understand this is not as much of an issue across the pond, is this correct?
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

i'm almost afraid to post this here, but.... Empty Re: i'm almost afraid to post this here, but....

Post by Tidelag 19/7/2010, 06:53

Across the pond religious forces has no influence on public education. Thank "God" for that.

When I hear that the christian story of creation is taught instead of the evolution theory in schools in some states in America I just can't believe it.
Tidelag
Tidelag
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

i'm almost afraid to post this here, but.... Empty Re: i'm almost afraid to post this here, but....

Post by vladmirbsl69 19/7/2010, 09:58

im a christian and ill tell you that most except old church members(70+ believe that the story of creation(the fall of eden) was used metaphorically to describe something. Its mostly that the older members are really stubborn and want to hold on to old beleifs.
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 19/7/2010, 10:01

You guys would be so surprised to hear that what you learned in school about our government being atheist and stuff isn't true, a majority of the signers of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence were strong Christians.
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 19/7/2010, 12:14

They weren't atheist, most aligned themselves with Deism.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 19/7/2010, 12:21

Across the pond? Try across the 49th parallel. We here in canada have basically separated people who don't want to learn evolution into the Catholic school board, where they can do their own thing. But here in the normal school board, we learn evolution to the fullest, so long as you took biology.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 19/7/2010, 13:36

LieuTennet wrote:You guys would be so surprised to hear that what you learned in school about our government being atheist and stuff isn't true, a majority of the signers of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence were strong Christians.

i can't think of a single textbook that says they were atheist, but i can think of many documents in which they align themselves with deism or "weakly non-denominational christian". but that does not matter. what matters is the intent the founding member had when they formed this government. they realized that the only government that could protect religion is one that had absolutely nothing to do with it. teaching "intelligent design" falsely under the mask of science is a breach of this protection.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LieuTennet 19/7/2010, 13:42

If you read letters and things they wrote to each other you can see the strong Christianity. I forgot who it was but they said the Constitution was a miracle.
LieuTennet
LieuTennet

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 19/7/2010, 13:46

politics are politics. people say what they need to say to gain support, many of those letters are either personal letters or catered to the recipient. besides, like i said before, the individual beliefs of the founding members do not matter any more than their gender, nationality, or favorite color. it was the intent they had when writing the founding documents that matters.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 19/7/2010, 14:55

I'm not an American and I must admit that I have an overall dislike for the US but I don't think the threat is that big. As long as there are people who think for themselves and trust science there will not be any forced Christianity. However if for some magical reason they decide to force religious things towards you I would stand up against it. Then again, I might be 'spoiled' from living in the tolerant Netherlands where we can get along even with +-150 nationalities in one city (Amsterdam).

My opinion to religions is as following; they can be a nice thing when used by the right people. It can give one (false) hope when needed preventing them from sinking into deep despair or helping them to achieve that one goal. However there are some people who take it too serious and became insane, go kill others and reject everything unholy. Still one of the cornerstones of religions and society is respect, I respect their decision as long as they respect mine, start forcing your religion on me and there will be a problem.

Off-topic (which I shouldn't allow); I like this board already and hope to see many good discussions going on.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 19/7/2010, 17:53

Texas wrote Thomas Jefferson out of our history book because he separated church from the state
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 19/7/2010, 17:54

did that actually get through? last i heard it was still being debated over.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 19/7/2010, 17:56

Texas doesn't count anyway. I think the rest of the US disowned Texas in the 90's. Except for Austin, it kicks ass.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Attention whore
Attention whore

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 19/7/2010, 18:00

the problem is that all of the major textbook publishers are in Texas and are required to do as the Texas school board says. this decision will affect the rest of the country.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 19/7/2010, 18:28

LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! wrote:the problem is that all of the major textbook publishers are in Texas and are required to do as the Texas school board says. this decision will affect the rest of the country.
This
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 19/7/2010, 23:08

Wait what? Are we back in the early 1920's where religion is more important than anything? How is it possible for the 'Country of Freedom' to censor such things yet claiming to be better than any other country in the world? Is there absolutely no one brave enough to stand up against that shit in the US or is it just be being spoiled by the EU again...
Either way this is another reason for me to never go and life the American Nightmare...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 19/7/2010, 23:35

they (the people that are changing the textbooks) claim that the history books have a "strong liberal bias" and they are changing it to be more neutral. then again, on the global scale, the US is a bit off on what is moderate, liberal, and conservative.

these same people claim that every single media outlet (except for faux(fox) news) is controlled by the so called "liberal agenda". you know what they say about those that think everyone else is crazy...
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 20/7/2010, 02:38

When judging the us by its own standards it ranks 14th in the world
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down