Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopefully it'll work this time... (map)

+7
vladmirbsl69
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Young Greezy
Epps
Google
LieuTennet
Tendo
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hopefully it'll work this time... (map) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hopefully it'll work this time... (map)

Post by Lord Zurkov 21/7/2010, 14:10

Also, I'd appreciate if you don't put health packs on the second floor of the tower. First floor is fine though.
Otherwise it'd disrupt the "first floor: contested, second floor: no-man's land, third floor: defending base" scheme it has got going.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Hopefully it'll work this time... (map) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hopefully it'll work this time... (map)

Post by Tendo 21/7/2010, 15:53

Yea, there will be kits:
-Infront of the crates, in the open near 2nd...Mini ammo and health
-2nd floor tower, medium ammo and health
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 21/7/2010, 16:17

Hopefully it'll work this time... (map) - Page 2 Konami0000
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 21/7/2010, 17:13

Lord Zurkov wrote:Also, I'd appreciate if you don't put health packs on the second floor of the tower. First floor is fine though.
Otherwise it'd disrupt the "first floor: contested, second floor: no-man's land, third floor: defending base" scheme it has got going.

This remark made me doubt that health kit. I'm always unsure about healthkits. I remember that when i was capping the top point on Tendo's map i always walked downstairs to grab that kit and go back up continue capping. Is that good or bad for the gamepace?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 21/7/2010, 17:42

You can do that on a lot of other maps, I don't see what the issue would be.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 21/7/2010, 18:04

Well worst case scenario we can always remove the healthkits using stripper:source. No need to recompile the map just to get rid of them. It would allow us to try it out both ways.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 21/7/2010, 18:50

The way i see it, if your leaving the point to get some health, thats time that you've lost capping, and it also gives the other team a chance to get to the top again. Its generally harder to hit people above you rather than below, so i think it balances it
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 23/7/2010, 16:11

So me and jim were talking about another idea.

On the start of the game, it seems snipers picking people off the point is a poblem, so i figured, why not have a glass "shield". It will be fully open at the beginning of the round, and goes away until the game is over - Just to provide enough cover for the inital capture. It will only cover a little segment of that divider wall.
Questions, yes/no, points? Say em
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 23/7/2010, 16:27

But isn't sniping people who try to cap that point a valid tactic? I only think you should make the wall just high enough so if you crouch you can't be hit. While standing you are just taking a risk.

I don't think you should add those high tech things because then we deviate to much from the original orange. And if you still want to make it for lolz then make sure you do it in a separate version and keep backups of your essential files this time Razz
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 23/7/2010, 21:09

Yeah. I felt that too. So, i didnt add it.

Me and jim also talked about a ground level entance to the base. It'll be beside the yellow stairs, and go around and into the spawn. I didnt put it in the version i JUST compiled (as im posting this) because it may be op. I can put it in if people bitch though... So technially, the maps good to go
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 23/7/2010, 21:38

Tendo wrote:Yeah. I felt that too. So, i didnt add it.

Me and jim also talked about a ground level entance to the base. It'll be beside the yellow stairs, and go around and into the spawn. I didnt put it in the version i JUST compiled (as im posting this) because it may be op. I can put it in if people bitch though... So technially, the maps good to go

Bitch bitch bitch.

Put it in. Now.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 23/7/2010, 21:41

Young Greezy wrote:
Tendo wrote:Yeah. I felt that too. So, i didnt add it.

Bitch bitch bitch.

Put it in. Now.
Thats what she said.

Let's just test it out then we'll see if it would need it.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2