Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys want more pugs?

+11
Siphex
IPFreely
Eraserhead
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Furgus
Hoboapple
Nick
Google
jameless
hyce777
Young Greezy
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you still interested in doing clan PUGS?

Do you guys want more pugs? I_vote_lcap65%Do you guys want more pugs? I_vote_rcap 65% 
[ 13 ]
Do you guys want more pugs? I_vote_lcap35%Do you guys want more pugs? I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
Do you guys want more pugs? I_vote_lcap0%Do you guys want more pugs? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Do you guys want more pugs? Empty Do you guys want more pugs?

Post by Young Greezy 28/8/2010, 16:22

I used to do a lot of pugs but the last few times I tried to make them, I didn't get enough sign ups so I just gave up on that. I am still curious though if any of you guys, scrimteam or not would still be interested in me making weekend PUGS for fun that are open to the whole clan.

So basically, what I'm asking is, would you guys still be interested in me making PUGS for the whole clan to participate in? Along with your vote, I would appreciate you leaving a note saying your vote and if you said no, explain why.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Do you guys want more pugs? Empty Re: Do you guys want more pugs?

Post by hyce777 28/8/2010, 16:33

Yes I am... not like I asked about this last night. Very Happy
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 28/8/2010, 16:55

Yes I think the pugs that are for everyone are important. They helped instill friendship within the clan. I think the lack of signups on some of the previous ones were the pugs started having names like "Exclusive" or "SF" "ESF". Or they mentioned being for the "starters" or "backups". People felt ostracized and stopped looking towards playing. I think time of day is also important for signups. The Olympus pug was 2 in the afternoon. I realize we have some euro members that this time makes sense for, but that's a tough time for a lot of people.

Anyway to put this simply, Yes.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 28/8/2010, 19:13

Yea if they start on time not like an hour later ._.
Google
Google
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 28/8/2010, 19:14

Google wrote:Yea if they start on time not like an hour later ._.

this
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 28/8/2010, 19:42

yes though i can't vote
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 28/8/2010, 19:53

I can't really help the starting on time thing, that's completely up to you guys.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 28/8/2010, 20:01

Yes.(only if they are in weekends)
If a pug takes place on the weekends. More people will join because they are home and not at work. And maybe once in awhile instead of doing pugs we could do prophunt or zombie fortress. Just to get a variation of events. Instead of pug, after pug, after pug.

And also what James said.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 28/8/2010, 20:03

i'm unable to play until after the 20th, but as soon as i get back i'll be playing with you guys. if i'm online and not programming, i'll play.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 28/8/2010, 20:08

Furgus wrote:Yes.(only if they are in weekends)
If a pug takes place on the weekends. More people will join because they are home and not at work. And maybe once in awhile instead of doing pugs we could do prophunt or zombie fortress. Just to get a variation of events. Instead of pug, after pug, after pug.

And also what James said.

I'm only going to be doing PUG's, because I don't really enjoy the other stuff like prop hunt or ZF as much, I can only play that stuff for maybe 20 minutes at a time, and you can get that by joining any random server with it running. PUG's have to be organized, and they don't really get old in my opinion.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 28/8/2010, 21:49

I do have to confess i changed my view on this because at first i was convinced this was THE way to practice and prepare for clan battles. But lately we find scrims easily via IRC and they there is TF2 Lobby.

But the pugs are very important for the clanspirit and for people who like to get introduced into competitive play so i vote yes.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoboapple 28/8/2010, 22:16

Eraserhead wrote:But the pugs are very important for the clanspirit and for people who like to get introduced into competitive play so i vote yes.
thanks pulp
Hoboapple
Hoboapple

Back to top Go down

Post by IPFreely 29/8/2010, 01:26

I think the majority of the community likes pugs, just cant find the time or needs some moral boost to join.
As I see where this is going, I can't wait for the influx of pugs to come.
IPFreely
IPFreely
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Siphex 29/8/2010, 06:40

I did enjoy our pugs but with school going I got other things to do and the times can be pretty inappropriate if they are meant for American Pulp members.
Siphex
Siphex
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro 29/8/2010, 10:23

I said yes. And on weekends I wake up hella early like 6 no matter what so im good.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 29/8/2010, 10:33

Hey not to be offtopic but why do we never use our pug steam group to host a pug?
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 29/8/2010, 12:39

Because someone has to maintain that group. The added value of that group would be if there are non-members like Hoboapple and Mad Hatter in that group.

I just added some text to our main steam group profile encouraging people to join the pugs group if they are interested in competitive.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 29/8/2010, 14:22

I wouldn't mind pugging again if only the times were a bit more euro-friendly (weekends not later than 2am gmt+1)...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by dumbasscus 7/9/2010, 22:15

I think one of the problems is that all of the pulp members are living in different time zones, so confusion might factor into it. Another is that some of us are still kids in school, or our parents might make us do something or go somewhere at the last second. I'm glad I'm moving out. I'll be able to particpate in PUGs more often later on.
dumbasscus
dumbasscus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 7/9/2010, 22:31

dumbasscus wrote:I think one of the problems is that all of the pulp members are living in different time zones, so confusion might factor into it. Another is that some of us are still kids in school, or our parents might make us do something or go somewhere at the last second. I'm glad I'm moving out. I'll be able to particpate in PUGs more often later on.

The thing is, I used to be able to consistently hold successful pugs often, even when the clan was only 25 people and we rarely used any outsiders. The time never made a difference before
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 8/9/2010, 11:04

The thing is when i did i pugs i had to personally ask people to subscribe. I did have problems getting the teams filled, a lot of times we had to find ringers from the community to fill the gaps. And when the pug started people left in the middle of the game as well.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 9/9/2010, 21:07

Okay so here is my idea. When we enter the server there is a page with the rules and some more crap. Well first of all(if dont have this already), we should have the list of commands to our servers in there. Then we could have a command i.e. !events. You would type in to chat and it would bring you to a page of events. This page would include different events such as pugs, or lobbies that we might set up. Then there would be some info saying "if you want to join one of the events listed below. Go to our website and sing up for the event" something of that nature. If possible even have the link to our website as a shortcut there. Also, we could have some announcements that remind players of our events. Never know maybe we can even gain some new members from that.

Also, I've seen in DDR. There is a big board with a list of commands. We should have one of those in the spawn. Maybe one of our mappers could create one and see how it comes out.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 9/9/2010, 21:32

Furgus wrote:Also, I've seen in DDR. There is a big board with a list of commands. We should have one of those in the spawn. Maybe one of our mappers could create one and see how it comes out.
That would require making it a custom map... Also you do it, you know how to map...
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Furgus 9/9/2010, 21:34

I'm not that good of a mapper. I would if I new how to do it. Maybe ask Adam or Hycce.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/9/2010, 08:23

Furgus wrote:Okay so here is my idea. When we enter the server there is a page with the rules and some more crap. Well first of all(if dont have this already), we should have the list of commands to our servers in there. Then we could have a command i.e. !events. You would type in to chat and it would bring you to a page of events. This page would include different events such as pugs, or lobbies that we might set up. Then there would be some info saying "if you want to join one of the events listed below. Go to our website and sing up for the event" something of that nature. If possible even have the link to our website as a shortcut there. Also, we could have some announcements that remind players of our events. Never know maybe we can even gain some new members from that.

Also, I've seen in DDR. There is a big board with a list of commands. We should have one of those in the spawn. Maybe one of our mappers could create one and see how it comes out.

http://www.pulpfortress.com/motd/motd_orange.html

As you can see here we already have the commands on the motd page Dark Soul. Thanks for posting your brainfart again without checking the facts....

We did advertisements about pugs on the orange server in the past. Making an 'event' webshortcut seems like a good idea though.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next