Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veal: The most controversial Meat

+6
Havik
Socrates187
Nick
ninji
Epps
Young Greezy
10 posters

Go down

Veal: The most controversial Meat Empty Veal: The most controversial Meat

Post by Young Greezy 30/8/2010, 13:59

I recently got into a debate with a friend of mine who called me a horrible person for eating veal.

I'm Italian by descent so it's in my family tradition to consume veal when together, and I have to admit, it tastes delicious. I don't really find a difference in my head between slaughtering a baby cow and a full grown one, because they are both dead in the end anyways.

An old saying of my Nonno (Italian Grandfather) was this; "Animals serve two purposes for us in this world. To serve, and to be eaten." I guess that this almost has a ring of darwinism, survival of the fittest. This attitude almost resounds through my family and we're all fairly desensitized to the killing of animals. I have two uncles that owned their own farms where they raised pigs, cows, and chickens to be slaughtered. I have never witnessed the killing personally but the thought does not disgust me like it does to many of my friends and acquaintances.

I realize this is a touchy subject but I want to know the thoughts of PULP members.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Veal: The most controversial Meat Empty Re: Veal: The most controversial Meat

Post by Epps 30/8/2010, 15:12

I am a huge hypocrite when it comes to meat. I don't care about the animal nor the ago of it (veal is common here) but I simply cannot stand seeing an animal getting hurt, killed, slaughtered or being transported to the slaughterhouse. I also lose my appetite whenever I can recognize the animal when it's on my plate, like with chicken squiky toys.

As for the saying I disagree with that because I do believe animals have rights themselves; just because we humans once made weapons does not make us the rulers of the world. In other words, painless killings and a decent life are a must imo.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 30/8/2010, 15:49

I think the inhumane treatment of animals is wrong, i.e. bludgeoning an animal for the fun of it, or hunting animals and doing nothing with the kill.
But as far as a swift painless kill, where the animal would be stripped down and sold as food, I think that is proper.

Animals were placed on this Earth for the reason your uncle mentioned: serving humans and being consumed. And serving humans could be as simple as being the loving house pet.
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 30/8/2010, 16:56

Veal is Delicious, and this IS a valid point
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Socrates187 30/8/2010, 19:42

Meat is tasty. Vegetarians suck.
Socrates187
Socrates187
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 30/8/2010, 20:49

Socrates187 wrote:Meat is tasty. Vegetarians suck.

I agree Very Happy
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick 30/8/2010, 21:00

There have been arguments that humans aren't meant to eat meat by design, I can sort of believe that but meat is too tasty for this argument to be valid
Nick
Nick
Clan Recruiter
Clan Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 30/8/2010, 21:38

Chuck wrote:There have been arguments that humans aren't meant to eat meat by design, I can sort of believe that but meat is too tasty for this argument to be valid

That is an invalid argument. There are areas of the world that people evolved in where there would be insufficient protein if not for meat. I can't understand that one.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 31/8/2010, 08:05

Chuck wrote:There have been arguments that humans aren't meant to eat meat by design, I can sort of believe that but meat is too tasty for this argument to be valid
Isn't that cute.... BUT IT'S WRONG! Our digestive system says it all, we are optimized for eating both plants and meat. We have been eating meats for centuries so even if we weren't "made" for it evolution would make it so that we can eat both (not in the mood for a proper explanation due to Dutch biology lessons vs wtf are the English words again).
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 31/8/2010, 09:34

ninji wrote:I think the inhumane treatment of animals is wrong, i.e. bludgeoning an animal for the fun of it, or hunting animals and doing nothing with the kill.
But as far as a swift painless kill, where the animal would be stripped down and sold as food, I think that is proper.

Animals were placed on this Earth for the reason your uncle mentioned: serving humans and being consumed. And serving humans could be as simple as being the loving house pet.

I agree with this. I eat meat but i also have pets (dogs and birds). I hate cruelty against animals. I have had a girlfriend in the past who was a fanatic vegetarian but she stopped after realizing how swiftly life can end and she wanted to stop wasting and start enjoying. Same story for another girl i know.

Only problem is that we don't know how the animal on your plate has been treated really (i think there's a lot of shit going on which we don't know about).

btw i do know that when a lion eats his prey he first eats the stomach. I guess the lesson is that even animals who have evolved into carnivores still have an appetitve for vegetables.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicobbq 31/8/2010, 14:39

This is funny that you are talking about this because I watched the simpsons last night and it was that episode where Bart befriends a beef and when it's time for it to get killed to make good steaks, he does everything he can to prevent it.

About veal, i do not eat it often but I don't have any problem eating this or any other meat. I just don't wanna know how the animals get killed. Yea, im such an hyppocrite.
Nicobbq
Nicobbq
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 1/9/2010, 04:25

Meat is tasty, but I can respect vegetarians for their dedication to their opinions. Not everyone is willing to change their lifestyle just because they think one thing or another.

I still think grain makes the best goddamn stuff in the world.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 1/9/2010, 06:40

Lord Zurkov wrote:
Meat is tasty, but I can respect vegetarians for their dedication to their opinions. Not everyone is willing to change their lifestyle just because they think one thing or another.

I still think grain makes the best goddamn stuff in the world.
I totally agree with this. As I think of many things (religions, lifestyles, you name it); I respect your opinions as long as you respect mine. Sometimes however they go all batfuck insane on you and can't stop trying to convince you to take their opinion (cults) so whenever that's the case I counter with the 'forbidden sentence' proof it.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

Back to top Go down

Post by miht 1/9/2010, 10:21

Meat is like music. Music = life. Thus meat = life.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ninji 1/9/2010, 10:28

miht wrote:Meat is like music. Music = life. Thus meat = life.
And there is an "I" in pie, and the anagram of meat is team, so... idk
ninji
ninji
Clan Member
Clan Member

http://www.tf2items.com/id/ijnin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down